Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 LastLast
    Local High School Star

Default Re: Raptors says a trip to the white house is a "hard no"

Quote Originally Posted by Hawker
    You're actually right on that one but the logic is different. I remember Reagan commenting on this back when medicare and medicaid were introduced.

People value culture dude - if America was replaced 50% with people from the middle east, would american culture be the same? No it wouldn't. So it's perfectly acceptable to make decisions based on that. Australia and New Zealand have done quite well in this respect.
    I mean, I'm sure many people valued the "culture" of Jim Crow. But nowadays you can't even have so much as a lunch counter that's racially segregated. And yet no one bats an eye when it comes to segregating the 95% of humanity that happens to be foreign-born from an entire 3.8 million square mile region.

3-time NBA All-Star

[QUOTE=Cleverness]-Accused... would they have visited if Hillary was president? I'm sure her and Bill have been accused quite a bit for being racist, despite identifying as Democrats.

-What is a White Nationalist? If someone is a nationalist, and their mother is white, is this person considered a White Nationalist?

-His message regarding Kaepernick resonated with many sports fans; they're not interested in watching athletes demonstrating politics when they turn on a sports game. I'm sure there would be similar attitudes if a player gave an anti-abortion speech in every after-the-game interview.

-Direct quotes from Trump:

Often times athletes/people only skip these things because they're afraid of the backlash from their fans/community. It's a left wing guilt trip mechanism. I bet a lot of guys would love to visit the White House but since they fear the backlash of their left wing controlling fans they have to decline.

Pretty sad, to be honest.

And the left say they are more tolerant and open minded

Next

NBA sixth man of the year DaHeezy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCorporation
    Often times athletes/people only skip these things because they're afraid of the backlash from their fans/community. It's a left wing guilt trip mechanism. I bet a lot of guys would love to visit the White House but since they fear the backlash of their left wing controlling fans they have to decline.

Pretty sad, to be honest.

And the left say they are more tolerant and open minded

Next
    Maybe the more educated players. I'd assume most of these cats are of the same ilk where they just hate Trump.

I find it hysterical that posters in here are talking about being "open minded".

More like the tops of their heads had been opened. GTFO -

Quote Originally Posted by DaHeezy
    Maybe the more educated players. I'd assume most of these cats are of the same ilk where they just hate Trump.

The higher your level of education, the less likely you are to support Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph_i_el
    Boing!

NBA sixth man of the year DaHeezy's Avatar

Could be true. There are a lot of dimwit college professors who spew anti-Trump BS

We'll just go with the wise people don't let's Trump BS bother them

Why would they go to the White House? They are a Canadian team retards.

They should visit their prime minister.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Education =/= intelligence

Academia is pretty much full of retards these days who can't accomplish anything in the private sector - hence their need to try and control the culture through public schools.

Also, tons of blacks and hispanics vote democrat. Wonder what the education is like there?

Where did those property rights come from? The government. Your property rights are protected by the legal system which upholds contracts and deeds. Without the government, there is no right to property beyond what you can control by force.

Where does government come from? In older times, people said that their rulers were favored by God (or gods), and that was why they ruled legitimately. Theoretically the government in America is legitimate because it represent the people of the nation. Our representatives can basically do anything allowed by the Constitution, including taxes. The same document that gave you property rights gives the government the ability to tax that property. .

Our founding fathers knew that over-concentration of wealth was dangerous to the nation. Thomas Jefferson wrote about this, and said that it was necessary to control inheritance. Adam Smith actually wrote about this in "The Wealth of Nations" (considered the seminal work of capitalist theory). There are many obvious problems that can come from having a bunch of very rich people that didn't earn their money and don't have to work.

I wouldn't want to live in the USSR, but it's silly to criticize their quality of life if you don't have any context of what pre-revolutionary Tsarist Russia was like. For example, 25% of Russia was literate when the communists took over. Within 10 years, that had doubled. By the 1950's they were as literate as any country on Earth.

Famines were common in Russian history. The last famine in their history was under Stalin. By the 60's Soviets were consuming more calories a day than Americans (until the 1990's. Not as much meat though).

Pre-revolutionary Russia literally horrified visitors from other countries due to the level of violence and poverty. Nobles carried around whips as a symbol of nobility and would use them often. Executions were common for things as small as grazing a cow on a noble's pasture (this is barely over 100 years ago).
    The land wasn't invented by the government either. Yes, the government has a legitimate function of enforcing deeds etc. but they aren't entitled to the benefits the land produces. And the constitution doesn't give rights - it protects them as those rights are natural rights.

I know Thomas Jefferson and Adam Smith talked about this but that was in a time where there were no income taxes. Today there are so estate taxes are immoral and unethical. Also, plenty of countries in the world don't have estate taxes and get on fine. To me, you should be able to have the freedom to choose what happens with your money - not the government. This dumb idea that they just hoard their money and swim in it like ducktales is ridiculous.

And by stating that "they didn't earn their money and didn't work" and justifies taking their money is actually legislating morality and the individual which is something you said democrats don't do. And you don't list any of the "obvious problems"? Can you please tell me what they are?

Russia was a shit hole dude - they built a wall to keep people in because people wanted to leave. You can believe what you want.

Corporate Dems have deregulated banking many times.
    Republicans don't regulate corporations....they regulate individuals. War on drugs. Opposition to gay marriage. Opposition to abortion. These are all instances of the government regulating morality of individuals.

Regulations on businesses are usually good. Ever read "The Jungle" by Upton Sinclair? Basically the meat-packing industry was just throwing chemicals and rats and human body parts in processed meats, and only stopped when the government regulated them.

Without government regulation, banks could invest your savings in risky start-ups, and then just stiff you if they went out of business. As it stands, banks have to reserve 10% of deposits, and pay for federal deposit insurance to make sure YOU don't get ripped off if the banks fail.

Don't fall for corporate BS on regulations.
    War on Drugs and opposition to gay marriage has been a bipartisan thing for awhile. Look into Kamala Harris bud and her strong stance in California. Regulation of guns is also an individual regulation. Increase in taxes is also a regulation of individual.

Abortion is what I'll give you but again - you could consider the fetus an individual depending on what position you take.

Yes, I've heard of the Jungle but fortunately I have more than a 10th grade history education. That story is just some obvious propaganda to try to convince people into thinking "regulations good." Another reason why public schools are failing us.

There are current banking regulations in place that affect americans overseas that have resulted in their banks closing their accounts and nowhere to go. It's abhorrent - unintended consequences are never considered. Further regulations just consolidate banks into massive superpowers and eliminate competition. And the risky investments really come from cheap credit from the federal reserve. Price signals are all screwed up so investments that look like good opportunities are incorrectly labelled as such when they are really bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawker
    War on Drugs and opposition to gay marriage has been a bipartisan thing for awhile. Look into Kamala Harris bud and her strong stance in California. Regulation of guns is also an individual regulation. Increase in taxes is also a regulation of individual.

Abortion is what I'll give you but again - you could consider the fetus an individual depending on what position you take.

Yes, I've heard of the Jungle but fortunately I have more than a 10th grade history education. That story is just some obvious propaganda to try to convince people into thinking "regulations good." Another reason why public schools are failing us.

There are current banking regulations in place that affect americans overseas that have resulted in their banks closing their accounts and nowhere to go. It's abhorrent - unintended consequences are never considered. Further regulations just consolidate banks into massive superpowers and eliminate competition. And the risky investments really come from cheap credit from the federal reserve. Price signals are all screwed up so investments that look like good opportunities are incorrectly labelled as such when they are really bad.
    The constitution is based on the ideas of german philosophers.

GSW Fan Since the 90s Cleverness's Avatar

People who took out $200,000+ in student loans to study liberal arts are less likely to support Trump too.

They do, however, have higher levels of "education".

GSW Fan Since the 90s Cleverness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 305Baller
    Why would they go to the White House? They are a Canadian team retards.

They should visit their prime minister.
    If you're not trolling, most of the team is born/from the United States, playing in the National Basketball Association.