Very good NBA starter

Default Doncic will be even better this season

He looks much stronger than last year.

He gets by his man on 1 on 1 isolation moves every time now. Just like Harden.

Also looks much better at staying in front on defense. Still a little bad at getting over screens.

Looks improved on freethrows.

The improvement on defense and on 1 vs 1 will make a huge difference.

Default Re: Doncic will be even better this season

I think we are going to see a huge jump in his performance of the little things. We may not see a big jump in his stats, but his impact will start to match his highlights.

He's going to be the most well-rounded offensive wing the in the league. Literally good or great in every aspect of offense. Big wings are probably the most important position in the league too.

Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Doncic will be even better this season

Quote Originally Posted by ralph_i_el
    I think we are going to see a huge jump in his performance of the little things. We may not see a big jump in his stats, but his impact will start to match his highlights.

He's going to be the most well-rounded offensive wing the in the league. Literally good or great in every aspect of offense. Big wings are probably the most important position in the league too.
    He had problems getting by 1 on 1 last season.

His new ability to be Harden esque will open up the floor massively. A lot of open looks for his teammates this pre-season.

He also now looks an above average on ball defender, while still not good off ball defender.

The main issue is keeping Porzingis happy. I can fear Luka being having too high a usage rate. Of course Zingis has that massive contract, so probably can deal with not being the first option.

Zingis also looks way improved defensively. I think he can get like 10 rebounds and 2.5 blocks this season.

Overall, Mavs are really strong this season.

I think what we saw yesterday was Carlisle final form so to speak.

I really like Jalen Brunson starting and I said last season that Brunson is a hidden gem. He is going to be a perfect high level role player for years to come.

The only thing lacking with Mavs is reliable outside shooting. THJ is not a reliable shooter. The raptors player isn't either. Courtney Lee is just not that great.