Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Good college starter Walk on Water's Avatar

Default It annoys me to see Curry Ball in preseason

Or even the regular season for that matter. The game comes easy for him and he laughs and gives the shimmie when he drains 3 points.

But then he doesn

College superstar brooks_thompson's Avatar

Default Re: It annoys me to see Curry Ball in preseason

It does make sense. He gets nervous, apprehensive, anxious, whatever you want to call it. And then he tries to play the same free-flowing game, but he wavers between holding back and forcing it, and you get things like the behind the back out-of-bounds pass to Thompson in 2016.

Everybody has their flaws, it's fine. He's still an all-time great. But he's not at the level that people have only watched basketball for 10, maybe 15 years think he is.

Good college starter

It's a combination of durability and more attention. The one year Curry's numbers took a dive across the board he had a couple of injuries that caused him to miss games earlier in the playoffs.

As for comments that previous greats have performed much better in the playoffs that's unsupported nostalgia. Curry's best performance is arguably better than Bird's or Magic's and despite all the hullabaloo about underperforming Curry is still a top ten scorer all-time in the finals and his whole game isn't even predicated on scoring. The 2016 Warriors went to 7 games against the Cavaliers despite LeBron and Kyrie putting up top ten all-time scoring averages and that's with Curry having his worst finals scoring performance.
    Last edited by Stephonit; 10-15-2019 at 04:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephonit
    It's a combination of durability and more attention.

As for comments that previous greats have performed much better in the playoffs that's unsupported nostalgia. The one year his numbers took a dive across the board he had a couple of injuries that caused him to miss games earlier in the playoffs. Despite all the hullabaloo about underperforming Curry is still a top ten scorer all-time in the finals and his whole game isn't even predicated on scoring.
    Laughable. Curry isn't in the top 50 all-time points made.

It's true.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo Slayer

It's true.
    Top 10 by the metric I was thinking of
    https://www.basketball-reference.com...er_finals.html

Top 14 by the metric you seem to be using
    https://www.basketball-reference.com...er_finals.html

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo Slayer

It's true.
    That's because he's only 10 seasons into his career, and didn't start averaging over 20 until his 4th season.

Prime Curry is one of the best scorers ever especially considering how efficient he is. He's undeniably the best shooter of all time

Quote Originally Posted by Smook A.
    That's because he's only 10 seasons into his career, and didn't start averaging over 20 until his 4th season.

Prime Curry is one of the best scorers ever especially considering how efficient he is. He's undeniably the best shooter of all time
    This.

3-time NBA All-Star

It's a combination of durability and more attention. The one year Curry's numbers took a dive across the board he had a couple of injuries that caused him to miss games earlier in the playoffs.

As for comments that previous greats have performed much better in the playoffs that's unsupported nostalgia. Curry's best performance is arguably better than Bird's or Magic's and despite all the hullabaloo about underperforming Curry is still a top ten scorer all-time in the finals and his whole game isn't even predicated on scoring. The 2016 Warriors went to 7 games against the Cavaliers despite the LeBron and Kyrie putting up top ten all-time scoring averages and that's with Curry having his worst finals scoring performance.
    Ok so this is why some curry fans get on my nerves sometimes. They just make up lies. Curry's best performance isn't arguably as good as magics at all. Magic had a few finals better than Curry's best. Magics best he beat a goat team in the Celtics while putting up like 26 pts and 13 assists on 54% shooting. Curry has never had a finals as good as that. As far as him dropping off in the finals it's a fact he almost always gets worse. He usually scores around the same as he does in the regular season but he's much less efficient.

Oh and did you ever stop to think that part of the reason why LeBron and Kyrie put up top 10 all time scoring averages is because he was the one weak link on defence.

At the end of the day curry can't impact a game like some of the games greats because he doesn't impact the game in any other way other than scoring. Most greats did something else great other than scoring. Your gonna find out this year that curry needs the perfect system and players around him to be successful. He can't win without multiple hof,all stars. Warriors won't make the playoffs this year.

Quote Originally Posted by brooks_thompson
    It does make sense. He gets nervous, apprehensive, anxious, whatever you want to call it. And then he tries to play the same free-flowing game, but he wavers between holding back and forcing it, and you get things like the behind the back out-of-bounds pass to Thompson in 2016.

Everybody has their flaws, it's fine. He's still an all-time great. But he's not at the level that people have only watched basketball for 10, maybe 15 years think he is.
    perfect.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Bronbron23
    Ok so this is why some curry fans get on my nerves sometimes. They just make up lies. Curry's best performance isn't arguably as good as magics at all. Magic had a few finals better than Curry's best. Magics best he beat a goat team in the Celtics while putting up like 26 pts and 13 assists on 54% shooting. Curry has never had a finals as good as that. As far as him dropping off in the finals it's a fact he almost always gets worse. He usually scores around the same as he does in the regular season but he's much less efficient.

Oh and did you ever stop to think that part of the reason why LeBron and Kyrie put up top 10 all time scoring averages is because he was the one weak link on defence.

At the end of the day curry can't impact a game like some of the games greats because he doesn't impact the game in any other way other than scoring. Most greats did something else great other than scoring. Your gonna find out this year that curry needs the perfect system and players around him to be successful. He can't win without multiple hof,all stars. Warriors won't make the playoffs this year.
    What lies? Curry's 2017 playoffs is a match for any of Magic's playoffs.

https://www.basketball-reference.com...ryst01&y2=2017

As for finals, that year Curry put up the same 26 points you ascribe to Magic on the same eFG%. Curry did the same in 2015.

The weak link on defense in 2016 was the center position. The moment Bogut went down the Warriors started losing.

Curry only impacts the game through scoring? Are you blind? He's a better playmaker than Magic! His gravity and movement creates spacing for his teammates Magic could only wish for.

Don't know if Curry will make the playoffs this year but he's done it before at worse odds. When it comes to the all-time greats you're going to be hard pressed to find those that didn't do it with other players who weren't all-stars or became hall of famers (Olajuwon is the only one that comes to mind at the moment). Curry won a championship with teammates who hadn't proved themselves independently. Magic for one comparison cannot.

As for finals, that year Curry put up the same 26 points you ascribe to Magic on the same eFG%. Curry did the same in 2015.

The weak link on defense in 2016 was the center position. The moment Bogut went down the Warriors started losing.

Curry only impacts the game through scoring? Are you blind? He's a better playmaker than Magic! His gravity and movement creates spacing for his teammates Magic could only wish for.

Don't know if Curry will make the playoffs this year but he's done it before at worse odds. When it comes to the all-time greats you're going to be hard pressed to find those that didn't do it with other players who weren't all-stars or became hall of famers (Olajuwon is the only one that comes to mind at the moment). Curry won a championship with teammates who hadn't proved themselves independently. Magic for one comparison cannot.
    Dude the game isn't just about stats.. you might as well be a Bran stan.

I defend Curry like crazy and am a big fan of his but just the nature of his scoring and his physical size, he cannot and does not have some of the same type of impact the top 10 guys do deeper into the playoffs.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by superduper
    Dude the game isn't just about stats.. you might as well be a Bran stan.

I defend Curry like crazy and am a big fan of his but just the nature of his scoring and his physical size, he cannot and does not have some of the same type of impact the top 10 guys do deeper into the playoffs.
    It is true that Curry does not have the same kind of impact. But what is true that people do no appreciate is he has a different kind of impact all his own.

What people are used to is the kind of stuff Jordan did. They see that and they recognize that kind of impact. What they do not readily recognize is the kind of impact that weaponizes a player like JaVale McGee and turns him into the most efficient scorer in the playoffs or that opens up Draymond giving him the opportunity to look like a superstar or the impact that allows a team to field 3 20 point plus scorers at the same time. That is the kind of stuff Curry can do.

3-time NBA All-Star

A better playmaker than magic? You should be banned from ever talking ball with that statement

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Bronbron23
    A better playmaker than magic? You should be banned from ever talking ball with that statement
    This comment based on what you've seen with your own eyes or conventional wisdom?

Curry is a better playmaker than Magic.

3-time NBA All-Star

This comment based on what you've seen with your own eyes or conventional wisdom?

Curry is a better playmaker than Magic.
    No he's not. Not even close actually. He's a good passer but hes extremely careless with the ball. Hes more on par with Michael Jordan as a playmaker than he is magic. The warriors playmaking is based on off ball movement and a shit ton of screens. It's why even when curry was injured in the 16 playoffs They could still create good offence. Lakers with magic was mainly give the ball to magic and let him create plays. Curry is no where near magic as a on ball playmaker. Better scorer yeah but all around playmaker it's not even close.