Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Default Re: ESPN Insider Request: "Offseason grades for all 30 teams"

The grading on here is very inconsistent. What is the criteria? It seems as if they're grading based solely on the quality of players in additions and subtractions. I think they should be graded on opportunity cost and whether they'll be an improved team from last year. Essentially by what they could've gotten had they not gone the route they did. Could have Miami brought in better than Rashard Lewis and Ray Allen? Probably not. So why do they get a B-? What did the writer think Miami should have done? Go out and pick up Dwight Howard?

Banned

No Boston grade?

el pollo loco siiiiiii

Suns with a C??

Quote Originally Posted by AMISTILLILL
    No Boston grade?
    Added to the last post with grades. I had like 25k characters on the first post, forgetting the 10k limit, and I guess I cut them out on accident.

Operat.Northwoods=9/11 Horde of Temujin's Avatar

Thanks for the article. Canada will be spared when i assume dictatorial powers.

I believe Dragic will be very successful next season with the Suns, I don't think there was a better option available to replace Nash with.

Quote Originally Posted by wang4three
    The grading on here is very inconsistent. What is the criteria? It seems as if they're grading based solely on the quality of players in additions and subtractions. I think they should be graded on opportunity cost and whether they'll be an improved team from last year. Essentially by what they could've gotten had they not gone the route they did. Could have Miami brought in better than Rashard Lewis and Ray Allen? Probably not. So why do they get a B-? What did the writer think Miami should have done? Go out and pick up Dwight Howard?
    agreed, but just like everyone has said, FA just started. Im sure they will factor in everything in the grades that will come out in 2 months

Quote Originally Posted by wang4three
    anything less of Dwight should be a disgrace to what the heat stands for. They have 4 all stars now, they could've been the first team in more than a decade with 5 all stars=P

Banned

Sooo..why don't the Heat get an A+?

Championship roster+Ray Allen+Rashard Lewis+Darko Milicic?

So they add a Top 15 player, a Top 40 player and a top 20 center and it's a B

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Exlax
    I can live with the Rockets being incomplete. I see what they're actually trying to do. Even if we don't land Dwight, at least we have a better chance at being a lottery team next season.
    wtf... houston is dumb. They're giving EVERYTHING up to potentially keep a guy for a year. And with what they're giving up they're not going to be able to bring in quality guys to make dwight want to stay there anyways, so what's the point? Just like orlando, houston needs to decide this summer whether to sign on big names or rebuild. Based on current available players, hopefully the morons decide on the latter.