Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default You guys think Lebron is mad.........

that it's called "kobe's team". Even Michael Jordan called it "kobe's team". He just came off from winning his first title. The only thing people are talking about is Kobe's dream team vs. the 92' dream team. Lebron's been awfully quiet, or have I been missing something? The whole USA men's team coverage, seems to be revolved around Kobe. Kobe's on the tail end of his career, while Lebron is the man right now, you think Lebron feels kind of shafted that he's not considered the "man" on this dream team?

Gooner | Heat Nation EnoughSaid's Avatar

Default Re: You guys think Lebron is mad.........

The '92 team wasn't Michael's. And this team isn't Kobe's.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
    Yeah, it wasnt MJ's, so why is this team Kobe's?

College superstar

I would think he feels disrespected.

But damn straight it's Kobe's team. He might not be the best one on the team anymore, but he's the greatest one.

It's like if MJ were still around but older and not the best player in the league anymore. If he were on this team, it would be his team. He's earned the right for top billing, so has Kobe.

Gooner | Heat Nation EnoughSaid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tikay0
    Yeah, it wasnt MJ's, so why is this team Kobe's?
    Maybe because Kobe is the oldest and he was the one who STARTED the argument?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by scm5
    I would think he feels disrespected.

But damn straight it's Kobe's team. He might not be the best one on the team anymore, but he's the greatest one.

It's like if MJ were still around but older and not the best player in the league anymore. If he were on this team, it would be his team. He's earned the right for top billing, so has Kobe.
    You make a good point. He's probably doing an MJ, and letting Bird/Magic be the top dogs.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Career-wise, he easily has the best body of work right now. And definitely the most respected player on the team. I don't think its out of the question if they call it Kobe's team. He has done it all already.

College superstar

in 92, MJ had only won 2 NBA titles. He was great, but he was amongst greats.

To call it MJ's team at that point would have diminished what Magic and Bird had accomplished.

That's why it was called the Dream Team.

Banned

Maybe because Kobe is the oldest and he was the one who STARTED the argument?
    Exactly, that goes hand in hand to exactly why I think Lebron would be mad. Kobe's taking all of the coverage away from him. Dont you think he deserves to be looked upon as the best player on this team, and he should be the one saying these things?

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

na i dont think he cares

You make a good point. He's probably doing an MJ, and letting Bird/Magic be the top dogs.
    I don't think Lebron gives a shit. He wouldn't have went to play on a team with Wade, if he cared about the "whose team is it" stuff. Lebron is an underrated teammate. Doesn't start drama or call anyone out in public.Even when he left Cleveland his former players didn't really have anything bad to say about him. Obviosuly im not an NBA player but he seems like he would be a fun player to play with.

LeBron doesnt really care. I think he doesnt want the media attention as much as Kobe does. Kobe seems attention starved. LBJ just endured being the most scrutinized athlete on the planet for a span of 2 years. I think he can live for a month and half without answering the stupid and tough questions Team USA demands from these blood sucking media people.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    I don't think Lebron gives a shit. He wouldn't have went to play on a team with Wade, if he cared about the "whose team is it" stuff. Lebron is an underrated teammate. Doesn't start drama or call anyone out in public.Even when he left Cleveland his former players didn't really have anything bad to say about him. Obviosuly im not an NBA player but he seems like he would be a fun player to play with.
    Agree. This was not a troll/bait thread, or a Kobe vs. Lebron thread, purely a "you think LBJ mad at the coverage Kobe getting?" thread. Thanks for the replies.

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

It may be Kobe's team but the NBA is LeBron's league. I'll take that.

Agree. This was not a troll/bait thread, or a Kobe vs. Lebron thread, purely a "you think LBJ mad at the coverage Kobe getting?" thread. Thanks for the replies.

No problem

Im a huge Lebron fan, and even I think Kobe deserves/earned the right to be the lead-dog. It think it will be the same in the future where Lebron is seen as the lead-dog but maybe not the best player on the team. Depending on how he ages, of course.