NBA rookie of the year

Default Scoring SG's/PF's are probably the least effective/cohesive tandem

I've never been fond of swingmen and power forwards who require the ball to dominate playing together. Out of all possible 1,2 combinations, this one almost always ends up more detrimental to team play than any other one. I honestly can't come up with a situation where it actually worked out with long-term success

Default Re: Scoring SG's/PF's are probably the least effective/cohesive tandem

Kobe and Pau called.

Do we not consider Bran the PF in Miami?

Cause I think Wade and Bran are pretty good...

Top 1 Bball Mind.

LeBron and LeBron called

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    LeBron and LeBron called

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

08-09 Bryant + Gasol -

Regular Season: 45.7 points, 14.8 rebounds, 7.4 assists, 2.1 steals, 1.5 blocks, 46.6 PER
    Playoffs: 48.5 points, 16.1 rebounds, 8.0 assists, 2.5 steals, 2.9 blocks, 48.7 PER

09-10 Bryant + Gasol -

Regular Season: 45.3 points, 16.7 rebounds, 8.4 assists, 2.1 steals, 2.0 blocks, 44.8 PER
    Playoffs: 48.8 points, 17.1 rebounds, 9.0 assists, 1.7 steals, 2.8 blocks, 48.7 PER

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Some years you could make a case for West and Baylor being the 2 and 4 but its kinda shaky I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck

This! So 7 of the last 8 titles 2014 2013 2012 2011 2010 2009 2007 were won by scoring SG's/PF's

OP is mentally retarded

why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar

LeBron and LeBron called

A Humble Lebron Fan Dragic4Life's Avatar

LeBron and LeBron called

I get superstar calls j3lademaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck

IDK if Pau and Duncan really count, though. Pau often times started at the 5 alongside Odom when Bynum was out. He and Duncan were both more than capable of defending the modern center and anchoring a defense. Hell, Pau outplayed Dwight straight up in the finals

[COLOR="White"]Inc Kobe brigade to preach to me how much I'm overrated Gasol.[/COLOR]

Very good NBA starter

I disagree also.. see: milbuck's post

Duncan and Manu were an awesome tandem, particularly in 04-05, and in the 2000's Spurs sought after or acquired Michael Finley (Mavs) in the tail end of his prime, Brent Barry (Sonics), and JR Smith (NO Hornets) because they knew they needed scoring at the position. Whereas at SF they were content with Bowen and his elite D, but lack of elite offense. In 05 Spurs had Nazr Mohammed starting at center eventually, he battled out Rasho Nesterovic who was decent. As Parker got better (in 06 he fixed his jumper, became an elite finisher around the rim, and made his first AS game) it became more of a Big 3 which was overall great for SA, but no doubt the Duncan-Manu tandem was a wrecking ball in the 2005 playoffs.