Default Anyone noticed our Inconsistency?

I know it seems strange to point this out with our 22-10 record, but from watching most of the games this season, the difference between our best and worst is far apart.

Rose has one super game, then an average one and then a line of dud games where he looks kind of uninterested or uninvolved.

The usual great defense we are known for has been inconsistent and it's been our offense funny enough that has carried some of our wins.

How about the back to back wins against top level Teams? And then we play against a shit team at home with rest and lose on a few occasions

maybe I'm just overly critical of a few minor things here, but it doesn't sit well with me. I hope to see more consistency in the second half of the season, which I think should happen.

oh and Thibs, please keep trying mirotic at the 3 and keep Brooks on the floor more and hinrich on the floor less.

Default Re: Anyone noticed our Inconsistency?

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    I know it seems strange to point this out with our 22-10 record, but from watching most of the games this season, the difference between our best and worst is far apart.

Rose has one super game, then an average one and then a line of dud games where he looks kind of uninterested or uninvolved.

The usual great defense we are known for has been inconsistent and it's been our offense funny enough that has carried some of our wins.

How about the back to back wins against top level Teams? And then we play against a shit team at home with rest and lose on a few occasions

maybe I'm just overly critical of a few minor things here, but it doesn't sit well with me. I hope to see more consistency in the second half of the season, which I think should happen.

oh and Thibs, please keep trying mirotic at the 3 and keep Brooks on the floor more and hinrich on the floor less.
    I understand your point and was about to start a thread about my concerns.
    I can't believe that are not demolishing weak teams like Denver, Brooklyn etc.
    My question is are they are "toying" with them or playing to their level? or are there legit issues. Rose's numbers are not that great even the game vs Portland.....

I read somewhere the journo's think Rose is playing hurt. Would make sense actually. I was at the game last night early and he wasn't moving great during warm-ups. At bad as his mid-range jumper had been I can believe he's hurt.

They definitely seem to come out slow out of the gates. I wouldn't worry too much about that until after AS break.

Smile, you're on ISH Crystallas's Avatar

It's a long season, we have a target on our back(thanks to all the hype sent our way by idiot fans that want to celebrate early and writers/broadcasters who are tired of saying the same teams in their favorite lists).

It is expected. Show me one team that hasn't had swings in production, especially a team that didn't have an offense last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystallas
    It's a long season, we have a target on our back(thanks to all the hype sent our way by idiot fans that want to celebrate early and writers/broadcasters who are tired of saying the same teams in their favorite lists).

It is expected. Show me one team that hasn't had swings in production, especially a team that didn't have an offense last season.
    You are right, it's a long season, and expecatations are very high etc. I just hope and pray that Thibs know this too bec it seemed to me he is playing Pau and esp Butler waaay too many minutes. I have seen Pau ran out of gas in LA before. I have also seen how Mirotic's mins have dwindled since the comeback of Noah and Taj.
    On the positive side, I like the way Thibs have loosen the grip and allow some more offensive flow on the offense.

I personally don't buy into the "burnout" thing with minutes if the player is fit enough and comfortable to play that much. It's an off/oncourt management thing, coaches and staff will monitor how a player responds to different situations and how they deal with things mentally.

Pippen and Jordan used to routinely play 40 minutes a game, including all representative duties.

Butler spent the summer with no internet/TV getting his body and diet right for this season. He is in excellent shape and playing good basketball every game.

We don't know if Gasol or Butler are resting during practices, or maybe other factors outside of the games which contribute to keeping their minds fresh. Most of it is mental fatigue, so if that is carefully managed the player should not be experiencing burnout.

Jordan in the day had plenty of reasons to cry burnout, but could you imagine it? No Way! too mentally strong and I think this is how strong Butler's mindset is at now.

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    I personally don't buy into the "burnout" thing with minutes if the player is fit enough and comfortable to play that much. It's an off/oncourt management thing, coaches and staff will monitor how a player responds to different situations and how they deal with things mentally.

Pippen and Jordan used to routinely play 40 minutes a game, including all representative duties.

Butler spent the summer with no internet/TV getting his body and diet right for this season. He is in excellent shape and playing good basketball every game.

We don't know if Gasol or Butler are resting during practices, or maybe other factors outside of the games which contribute to keeping their minds fresh. Most of it is mental fatigue, so if that is carefully managed the player should not be experiencing burnout.

Jordan in the day had plenty of reasons to cry burnout, but could you imagine it? No Way! too mentally strong and I think this is how strong Butler's mindset is at now.
    Like I said, I live in Southern Cal have watched a ton of Laker/Pau games and saw how his play deteriorated esp playoffs of 2011. But hey apparently, one of the most successful coaches...ahemm ever, Popovich seemed to have a very strong conviction on managing minutes and it reaped great benefits last playoffs. And it's not just about using players for a ton of minutes but by doing so, you are not exposing your young talent enough, letting them learn on the fly by actually playing valuable minutes. Patty Mills played a total of 1527 minutes in the last reg season. I strongly believe that exposure was very valuable for their success last playoffs, same with Green esp when Ginobli got hurt 2 yrs ago. More minutes for Pau means less mins for Mirotic.
    Phil Jackson mentioned this several years too, that he tries to play young players to also introduce them to refs too bec he believes, the lesser they play, the more likely the refs would have biased calls against them.
    Last edited by tamaraw08; 01-07-2015 at 02:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tamaraw08
    Like I said, I live in Southern Cal have watched a ton of Laker/Pau games and saw how his play deteriorated esp playoffs of 2011. But hey apparently, one of the most successful coaches...ahemm ever, Popovich seemed to have a very strong conviction on managing minutes and it reaped great benefits last playoffs. And it's not just about using players for a ton of minutes but by doing so, you are not exposing your young talent enough, letting them learn on the fly by actually playing valuable minutes. Patty Mills played a total of 1527 minutes in the last reg season. I strongly believe that exposure was very valuable for their success last playoffs, same with Green esp when Ginobli got hurt 2 yrs ago. More minutes for Pau means less mins for Mirotic.
    Phil Jackson mentioned this several years too, that he tries to play young players to also introduce them to refs too bec he believes, the lesser they play, the more likely the refs would have biased calls against them.

Exposing the bench and young players to meaningful minutes for development and ref Reasons?

That is something worth debating.

But like I said, the burnout thing nearly always is overused when seeing a player play big minutes.