Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    5-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Making the case of Dwyane Wade being more explosive than Westbrook

Quote Originally Posted by GrapeApe
    Wade never jumped as high as Westbrook, but his body control was Jordanesque. Wade had an uncanny ability to maintain agility through his leap. Most players lose some body control when they leave the floor. I've never seen a player have so many strong finishes after an awkward launch.
    Rose might have Wade. Rose leaps off the wrong foot and can still reverse the layup on the other side of the rim... spontaneously. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jp97Ogk1a0Q Only Jordan can do that move and its one of the few reverses I haven't seen MJ do. I do admit that Wade is one of the few that can correct himself in the air.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GrapeApe
    Yet you not only opened the thread, a thread that you apparently don't care about, you were compelled to make a post.
    That's Kawhi for you...

Westbrook is more explosive...but Wade is the better finisher with his longer limbs and far superior body control. Wade is much, much more explosive off the dribble though...he has always had an elite first step...can't really say the same about Westbrook. He's like Lebron...once he gets going he's pretty much unstoppable, but he doesn't have the first step or ball handling creativity that Wade did to pretty much get to the basket at will in the half court.
    Last edited by Smoke117; 02-16-2016 at 05:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BasedTom
    lol keep crying bitch

**** you
    No ones crying, just saying how shit this kunt is, overrated as ****....almost as embarrassing as Kobe some games this season.

Without steroids, this bloke would be nothing.

Kind of like Bron without steroids and Ray Allan

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kawhi m8
    No ones crying, just saying how shit this kunt is, overrated as ****....almost as embarrassing as Kobe some games this season.

Without steroids, this bloke would be nothing.

Kind of like Bron without steroids and Ray Allan
    Settle down... You seem legitimately angry with Wade...let me guess...Kawhi Leonard right now is better than Wade ever was right?

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    That's Kawhi for you...

Westbrook is more explosive...but Wade is the better finisher with his longer limbs and far superior body control. Wade is much, much more explosive off the dribble though...he has always had an elite first step...can't really say the same about Westbrook. He's like Lebron...once he gets going he's pretty much unstoppable, but he doesn't have the first step or ball handling creativity of Wade did to pretty much get to the basket at will in the half court.
    Westbrook hits the hole as good as anybody because he has a good first step and probably the best "second step" in the league. I think his first step is as good as Wade's but Wade's is more effective because he takes a giant step with his, much like Iverson did. Iverson's first step was so effective you often see him use it twice in the same drive. Part of this was because his second step wasn't as strong.

I understand that my dawg Wade is maybe nearing the end of his career but damn, can we stop using "he was". He's still playing and playing good for f***s sake!

Quote Originally Posted by Pointguard
    Rose might have Wade. Rose leaps off the wrong foot and can still reverse the layup on the other side of the rim... spontaneously. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jp97Ogk1a0Q Only Jordan can do that move and its one of the few reverses I haven't seen MJ do. I do admit that Wade is one of the few that can correct himself in the air.
    Pre-injury Rose is right there with the best. No question. He's another one where leaping awkwardly or being in the air are mere inconveniences to finishing his move.

Decent college freshman Mass Debator's Avatar

Using pre draft measurements combined with the eye test:

- Wade and Westbrook has identical 3/4 court sprint speed. In reality, I can confirm that they both look super fast at top speed.

- Wade had a slightly better time in the agility department. After Wade's weight gain, I suspect Westbrook would edge him out prime for prime.

- Westbrook posted a better bench press measurement. To my eyes, I think naturally Westbrook is stronger from the waist up but Wade is stronger from the waist down. After Wade's weight gain, I'm pretty confident Wade can assert more force as demonstrated in his back-to-basket post play.

- Westbrook had a higher max vertical but with Wade's length/height, Wade's highest max vertical reach is still a bit higher. I have no problem with anyone saying Westbrook has increased his max reach or Wade weight has lowered his.

- Wade's no step vertical reach is only 3.5" lower than his max reach. Westbrook's is 6.5" lower. To me, this shows Wade has more instant explosiveness anywhere on the court. Westbrook is more explosive on the move.

Overall, they both are very very similar athletically, but Wade's length helps him more in actual basketball confines (not talking skills). Style of play separates them more than actual athleticism. Westbrook is like a master samurai. Wade is more like an master ninja...or something like that. lol
    Last edited by Mass Debator; 02-16-2016 at 05:37 PM.

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Mass Debator

- Wade and Westbrook has identical 3/4 court sprint speed. In reality, I can confirm that they both look super fast at top speed.

- Wade had a slightly better time in the agility department. After Wade's weight gain, I suspect Westbrook would edge him out prime for prime.

- Westbrook posted a better bench press measurement. To my eyes, I think naturally Westbrook is stronger from the waist up but Wade is stronger from the waist down. After Wade's weight gain, I'm pretty confident Wade can assert more force as demonstrated in his back-to-basket post play.

- Westbrook had a higher max vertical but with Wade's length/height, Wade's highest max vertical reach is still a bit higher. I have no problem with anyone saying Westbrook has increased his max reach or Wade weight has lowered his.

- Wade's no step vertical reach is only 3.5" lower than his max reach. Westbrook's is 6.5" lower. To me, this shows Wade has more instant explosiveness anywhere on the court. Westbrook is more explosive on the move.

Overall, they both are very very similar athletically, but Wade's length helps him more in actual basketball confines (not talking skills). Style of play separates them more than actual athleticism. Westbrook is like a master samurai. Wade is more like an master ninja...or something like that. lol
    Agility is something Westbrook suffers a bit in comparison with Allen Iverson and Rose. Once Westbrook stops his balance throws him off. The recup isn't even like Wade's. Rose defends Westbrook by using his girth to knock him off balance early and Westbrook rarely recuperates unless he had momentum early. In a straight line I think Westbrook is the best. I think that's what people like about him. He keeps it simple. He doesn't stop and go or bend or contort in the air like Wade.

I feel like Wade can shift gears better. Westbrook only goes 1 speed. If he were to work on a stop and go, he would be unstoppable.

Local High School Star Akhenaten's Avatar

nigguhs musta forgot

Decent college freshman theaussieguy's Avatar

wade was effortless, he got up so easy in his prime so it equated to being able to dunk in more elaborate ways. Even though Wade had a POVERTY 35 inch vertical, he had very long arms so it still meant he could dunk with ease unlike westbrook.

Quote Originally Posted by Mass Debator

This is proof of West is more explosive .

Wade is(actually was ) more agile and stronger , also taller , than West . But West has top speed,vertical leap and explosiveness .

So , i can say ; West is Ninja , Wade is Samurai .

NBA rookie of the year

Wade seems to have more of a first-step quickness and explosiveness.

Prime Wade was significantly larger than WB