Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: KG on T-wolves - "As far as that franchise, I have nothing positive to say"

As a KG fan and Timberwolves fan, I have to wonder what in the world is KG mad at the franchise for? He has nothing positive to say?

How about thanks for paying me so well. Glen Taylor looked out for KG. Gave KG the fattest contract in the NBA at that time, which probably lead to the lockout in '99. How about thanks for taking on chance on him when we drafted him in '95. The Minnesota franchise did its best for KG and for him to say that he can't say anything positive is a huge slap in the face to the owners of the Timberwolves.

I know that this is KG trying to amp himself up. But come on now. This is getting old. I could see if the Timberwolves were cheap and did not try to surround KG with talent. But they tried to work with KG and build a decent team.

I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

Default Re: KG on T-wolves - "As far as that franchise, I have nothing positive to say"

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    Unnecessary, "that franchise". Cheesy and a good reason why people don't like him.

I understand, but it has nothing to do with anything so why bother?

EDIT: No chance he wants to go back to Minnesota to finish where he started and help lead them to a title...lol, no chance at all. I was so wrong about that lol.
    Makes you wonder what is happening behind the scenes (like he asked to stay, and Wolves said no....... or did he ask to go back, play with Love.... and Wolves said no)

What a bitch. The franchise bent over backwards to make him a superstar. And now he's just a washed up old fogey.

Stay classy, KG.

PS: I hope Kevin Love absolutely CLOWNS KG and the Celtics tonight. I want a 40-20 laid on that bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by JellyBean
    As a KG fan and Timberwolves fan, I have to wonder what in the world is KG mad at the franchise for? He has nothing positive to say?

How about thanks for paying me so well. Glen Taylor looked out for KG. Gave KG the fattest contract in the NBA at that time, which probably lead to the lockout in '99. How about thanks for taking on chance on him when we drafted him in '95. The Minnesota franchise did its best for KG and for him to say that he can't say anything positive is a huge slap in the face to the owners of the Timberwolves.

I know that this is KG trying to amp himself up. But come on now. This is getting old. I could see if the Timberwolves were cheap and did not try to surround KG with talent. But they tried to work with KG and build a decent team.
    why did you think they drafted him and payed him to do kg a favor or because they wanted to earn money

That's a pretty ridiculous statement by KG. I'm just going to leave it at that. He didn't elaborate why the hate so all I can assume is that he's upset about them not really building much of a contending team around him, though they did treat him with respect and dignity.

Think about it, man. The guy could've just as easily been traded to a non-contending team, but nope. Minny traded him to the future champ Boston Celtics. That's a blessing, imo. He could've just as easily retired without a ring, but now he has a ring because the Minnesota Timberwolves' organization wanted him to be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Scholar
    That's a pretty ridiculous statement by KG. I'm just going to leave it at that. He didn't elaborate why the hate so all I can assume is that he's upset about them not really building much of a contending team around him, though they did treat him with respect and dignity.

Think about it, man. The guy could've just as easily been traded to a non-contending team, but nope. Minny traded him to the future champ Boston Celtics. That's a blessing, imo. He could've just as easily retired without a ring, but now he has a ring because the Minnesota Timberwolves' organization wanted him to be happy.
    Well OP didn't put the entire quote down...he said he loves the fans and the city but just no the franchise and that's because McHale and Glen Taylor kind of threw KG under the buss during his last years here. A lot of bridges were burned between KG and Glen Taylor.

KG is an idiot.

This is probably the worst thing KG has said or done period. Screw all his antics. This is as low as he's gone. K.Love has officially replaced KG as the greatest Timberwolf ever.

Good college starter Kevin_Garnett_5's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    PS: I hope Kevin Love absolutely CLOWNS KG and the Celtics tonight. I want a 40-20 laid on that bitch.
    Good luck with that.

Quote Originally Posted by kumquat
    K.Love has officially replaced KG as the greatest Timberwolf ever.

It's always funny when people who have no idea what goes on behind the scenes act all angry over comments like this

Kevin Love breaks franchise records every other week.

He will be the best Wolf to have ever put on the jersey.

Quote Originally Posted by Kews1

Good college starter Kevin_Garnett_5's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stallionaire
    Kevin Love breaks franchise records every other week.

He will be the best Wolf to have ever put on the jersey.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin_Garnett_5
    He's already far better than KG was when KG was four seasons in. I don't see this as that much of a stretch.

College superstar BlackWhiteGreen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin_Garnett_5
    Good luck with that.
    If Love doesn't get 20 rebounds tonight against our frontline, he'll have been awful. Think KG will keep him quiet offensively though...

Don't pretend like you were there bro. If anyone has respect for what KG did for this franchise it's a guy like me who WAS THERE.

Kevin Love is just a superstar who's doing ridiculous things.

I've been on record for saying the NBA will not see another Kevin Garnett for a long time. His skillset is insane.

Love is going to be better, and it shouldn't shock anyone considering he's 23 and outboarding and scoring KG when he was in his prime.