Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Default Why dont Cavs trade Love or Irving for Dwight?

Since Dwight is on the trading block, im sure Morey would 100% accept either Love or Kyrie for Dwight straight up

Dwight is less injury prone than either of them, and while he has 0 offense, he is still a great rebounder and defender.

So lets say Cavs give up Love

Irving

J.R/Shump

LeBron

TT

Dwight

or if they give up Irving

Mo Williams

J.R/Shump

LeBron

Love

Dwight

Either scenario makes the Cavs MUCH MUCH better

Why isnt David Griffin on the phone??

Default Re: Why dont Cavs trade Love or Irving for Dwight?

REAL Cavaliers fans thanking god you aren't the GM

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceJam
    REAL Cavaliers fans thanking god you aren't the GM
    Bruh i'm a Warriors fan, dont confuse me

Quote Originally Posted by dubeta
    Bruh i'm a Warriors fan, dont confuse me
    Why am I not surprised you'd pull this

NBA lottery pick

Hmm, would howard for love be a bad trade for the rockets? It's an awful trade of the cavs but who cares about them, they aren't interesting.

Thoughts?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dhsilv
    Hmm, would howard for love be a bad trade for the rockets? It's an awful trade of the cavs but who cares about them, they aren't interesting.

Thoughts?
    Harden cant utilize big men well because he dominates the ball, his game is tailored for spot-up shooters, so the value for Dwight in houson i sless than if the Cavs can maximize him in their system

Love shooting 3's would be a perfect fit for Harden, meanwhile Dwights rebounding, defense, and finishing around the rim will be utilized by the Cavs.

Banned

Dwight is shit he'd make that team worse, especially when he starts demanding touches from Lebron and Love.

Decent college freshman

Thoughts?
    I think they'd absolutely do Howard for Love straight up. Although Love gets maligned for taking a ton of 3s, he's a fairly ideal PF offensive pairing with Harden. Their defense would be beyond garbage playing both of them for significant minutes most likely, but getting Love locked in for 4.5 more years on a smaller max would be enticing for the Rox. Would take some pressure off other players who may be trying to do too much on O.

Honestly, does anybody expect Dwight on the Rockets next season? Between Capella and Jones/D-Mo (the upcoming RFAs notwithstanding), they have lots of young talented bigs. Dwight is still a good player, but I wouldn't want to give him a long-term contract at this stage of his career.

I can see the argument for why Houston would want to remain as flexible as possible by not taking on long term salary in any trade in hopes of luring Durant this summer though. However, they could maybe still work out some trade(s) this summer to clear cap room (Brewer/Ariza/etc) with Love's deal on the books.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by SwishSquared
    I think they'd absolutely do Howard for Love straight up. Although Love gets maligned for taking a ton of 3s, he's a fairly ideal PF offensive pairing with Harden. Their defense would be beyond garbage playing both of them for significant minutes most likely, but getting Love locked in for 4.5 more years on a smaller max would be enticing for the Rox. Would take some pressure off other players who may be trying to do too much on O.

Honestly, does anybody expect Dwight on the Rockets next season? Between Capella and Jones/D-Mo (the upcoming RFAs notwithstanding), they have lots of young talented bigs. Dwight is still a good player, but I wouldn't want to give him a long-term contract at this stage of his career.

I can see the argument for why Houston would want to remain as flexible as possible by not taking on long term salary in any trade in hopes of luring Durant this summer though. However, they could maybe still work out some trade(s) this summer to clear cap room (Brewer/Ariza/etc) with Love's deal on the books.
    The thing is harden was ok defensively last year....sadly he's gotten as lazy as me (and I doin't get paid to be in shape) in taking care of himself. last year the rockets without howard were good defensively!

Same reason Lakers and rockets didn't do well with him around.

He just isn't that effective with his immature attitude.

Perhaps Lebron could get him going, but I'm starting to believe that Howard isn't a winner.

Decent college freshman

The thing is harden was ok defensively last year....sadly he's gotten as lazy as me (and I doin't get paid to be in shape) in taking care of himself. last year the rockets without howard were good defensively!
    They pulled that off and I was pretty amazed. Harden can be passable on defense, and getting him a better offensive second option should help him conserve energy, but I think his effort last year would likely be his peak effort. Only way I see him getting even better on D if he has a better offensive player alongside him (like a Durant) who makes his life so much easier on O than he can go harder on D. Even then, his focus on D can be so cringe worthy.

You would trade Dwight for Love straight up, right? If you're Morey, what's the most you'd give up, assuming you have to sweeten the offer, to land Love?

Mozgov can do the same stuff they would need from Dwight, only he isn't a diva who will bitch about minutes and touches.

Good college starter TommyGriffin's Avatar

As some may have heard I am a die hard New Orleans fan but I am also a fan of the Cavaliers as well. First off we need to not break up this core that we have, these guys are great. Kyrie Irving is an elite combo guard in the league and is a dangerous scoring threat along with being a great playmaker. He can also spread the floor with great 3 point shooting. This is the perfect type of player to free up room and take pressure off of LeBron. Kevin Love can do the same by being the greatest scoring Power Forward in the game. When Irving and Love are stretching the floor it allows LeBron's one on one, AAU style of play be somewhat effective. Kevin Love put up 26/14 in Minnesota, he is amazing.

Dwight is past his prime and his game hasn't aged very well. He's basically peak Joakim Noah at this point.

Why don't you take a bullet to the head?