Default Will Barton...the next Jimmy Butler?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uw_kz3walMk

This guy has been putting up really solid numbers since he arrived in Denver at the trade deadline last season and has really come into his own this year. He gets a lot of Corey Brewer comparisons, but he's a better overall player than Brewer. His offensive outbursts in a Nugget uniform bring to mind JR Smith, but he's a headier player than JR. If Barton bulks up a little bit, can he be the Jimmy Butler type player the Nuggets sorely need? I believe he'll be the starting shooting guard next season when Wil Chandler gets back to the 6th man role and could be the primary go-to guy the Nuggets have missed since Melo.

Thoughts?

College superstar

Default Re: Will Barton...the next Jimmy Butler?

Quote Originally Posted by tsforthrees
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uw_kz3walMk

This guy has been putting up really solid numbers since he arrived in Denver at the trade deadline last season and has really come into his own this year. He gets a lot of Corey Brewer comparisons, but he's a better overall player than Brewer. His offensive outbursts in a Nugget uniform bring to mind JR Smith, but he's a headier player than JR. If Barton bulks up a little bit, can he be the Jimmy Butler type player the Nuggets sorely need? I believe he'll be the starting shooting guard next season when Wil Chandler gets back to the 6th man role and could be the primary go-to guy the Nuggets have missed since Melo.

Thoughts?
    First thought is WTF was Portland doing? They got an UGLY month of Afflalo for Barton on a rookie deal? His athleticism is far greater than I thought it was.

He can shoot (.404 from 3 this year). He can slash.

Above maybe all others, this guy is making himself some MONEY this season.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Will Barton be the next Jimmy Butler.

missed it.

NBA sixth man of the year NugzFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneKid
    First thought is WTF was Portland doing? They got an UGLY month of Afflalo for Barton on a rookie deal? His athleticism is far greater than I thought it was.

He can shoot (.404 from 3 this year). He can slash.

Above maybe all others, this guy is making himself some MONEY this season.
    I believe he signed a three-year, $10 million contract this past summer.

Wilson Chandler went down, he had an opportunity and he seized it.

He's playing fantastic. He works very hard, he's a team player, and he is deceptively explosive.

Nice stroke too.

Honestly it blows my mind how he picks up so many rebounds considering how lanky he is.