Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Decent playground baller

Default Re: Do you take issue with what Nash is doing to the Lakers

Quote Originally Posted by ZHAKIDD532
    If the Lakers wanted him there, you'd have to think he'd be there.
    This.

And who's to say he wouldn't have got a bigger 1-year deal elsewhere?

The Lakers mgmt made the deal, did all the due diligence (medical exam, injury history, etc). I don't see the issue here.

What about the players that are underpaid? Do you take issue with Owners not giving them the raise they deserve? There's two sides to every coin.

Just more one year. I hope nash retires after this season. He's almost 41 yrs.old.
    Last edited by Lebron23; 11-11-2014 at 10:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    Very classless on his part.

He had the chance to save the lakers alot of money by announcing his retirement earlier in the off season.

He talked all summer about how he was ready to come back

And then as soon as the season begins he's just gone..

He knew he couldnt play he just wanted to get paid.

POS move
    Why the **** would Nash want to save the Lakers money?

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

Nash explained his situation and I respect him for that.

I love Nash again after his heartfelt letter.

I like Nash. But what do you want from the guy? He has other things going on at this point and clearly doesn't put much interest with sticking with the game after its all said and done.

He hardly did squat to help the Canadian National team, I don't see him caring much about helping a Laker team he hardly even played for.

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    Just more one year. I hope nash retires after this season. He's almost 41 yrs.old.
    Wait you're a Cavs fan again? After all that shit about you were a diehard Heat fan and if LeBron went back you would still cheer for Miami...

shhhhhhh

this thread....

The Lakers don't even want Nash to retire, they've asked him to hold off and work with them thru the trade deadline in Feb... That's why they have yet to ask for a injured player exemption on Nash like they did on Randle

He's not saving the Lakers money if he retires, he'll still get paid, they don't need the cap space but his expiring contract might look attractive to someone...

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by AKADS
    Would anyone here say no to 9.7 million that is owed to you
    Pretty much. I'd do the same thing if I was Nash.

I'm a Nash fan and not really a Lakers fan so I'm more than fine with this.And it's not like didn't try.He worked out just as much as anybody in the offseason, tried playing in the preseason but he's just too banged up to play.
    And TBH Lakers need to tank, his contract is expiring this year, so next year, they are getting a solid draft pick+9m off the book.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus
    Shit man, if just wanting to get paid is a POS move, call me and all my coworkers scumbags
    This.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    this thread....

The Lakers don't even want Nash to retire, they've asked him to hold off and work with them thru the trade deadline in Feb... That's why they have yet to ask for a injured player exemption on Nash like they did on Randle

He's not saving the Lakers money if he retires, he'll still get paid, they don't need the cap space but his expiring contract might look attractive to someone...
    Mitch has repeatedly been stating in interviews that the Lakers are happy to have several expirers. He's said that you never know who will become available later this season. I don't know if it's wishful thinking or if he knows of situations where a player may become available. Regardless he seems expectant of something possibly going down. He's also stated that Hills contact was structured the way it was, in case they can use him as trade bait.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joyner82reload
    Somewhat, but his issues are due to injury..Other the otherhand it's ridiculous for someone to be paid for a service that they're unable to perform due to negligence/lack of care/non injury related decline

Imagine if the shoe were on the other foot. After a player lived up to expectations, an owner then couldn't pay their salary due to bankruptcy. Could you imagine the shit show that would create?

Only in the sports world do you see absolute guaranteed contracts with no early termination option to avoid paying the full terms of the contract. In the standard business world, these contracts have an early termination severance package which will save the businesses in case their employee is unable to perform at the level which he was signed on to do.

In a perfect world, all contracts would be performance based from year to year. Injuries would guarantee a full salary for a calendar year but only that year. The contract could be terminated after that 1 year for no penalty.
    Have you ever heard of workman's comp? Nash's injuries are due to his job. If people get injured at work, they get to sit on their ass and collect just as Nash is doing.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    Have you ever heard of workman's comp? Nash's injuries are due to his job. If people get injured at work, they get to sit on their ass and collect just as Nash is doing.

Have you ever heard of playing golf while on workman's comp. You can lose your benefits.

Default Re: ☆Official Steve Nash Thread: Injures back, writes an open letter to fans

When is he officially retiring?

Home of the 16

http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-r...re/2015/03/12/

Team Asked Steve Nash Not To Retire?