Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Rockets sign JAMES WHITE to a 10-Day Contract

Much like Gerald Green, James White = proof that you have to be more than a freak athlete to make it in the NBA.

This dude probably should have been a track and field athlete. But who knows, maybe White has developed his skills and IQ enough that he will actually be able to put that leaping ability to work in NBA basketball.

Karl Malone's bastard TMac&Luther's Avatar

He's already better than Green......he has 10 full digits.

I BALL Hard

James White is strictly a slasher on the court but he does have the ability to finish at the rim at will with his athleticism,watch a NBDL game on NBA TV to see for yourself.

The problem with James White is that although his mid range shot has improved he still lacks any type of range and he plays defense sometimes but not all of the time.

With his athletic ability if he were to commit to being solely a defensive stopper he could find a niche in the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopman2612
    James White is strictly a slasher on the court but he does have the ability to finish at the rim at will with his athleticism,watch a NBDL game on NBA TV to see for yourself.

The problem with James White is that although his mid range shot has improved he still lacks any type of range and he plays defense sometimes but not all of the time.

With his athletic ability if he were to commit to being solely a defensive stopper he could find a niche in the NBA.
    In this offense he'll get by on athleticism alone if he can move well without the ball. Adelman is good at taking young players with some athleticism and getting decent production out of them in his system. He'll be a nice young player to have off the bench......MUCH BETTER than Luther Head.

James White Stats, when he played for the San Antonio Spurs.

8.3 ppg, 3.3 rpg, .800 FT%

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...whiteja02.html

BTW here's his dunk mix...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzeAcPik4_s

and this is one of the sickest dunks I've ever seen (D-league dunk contest)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8yHQ...eature=related

Every year in dunk contests people try to dunk from the FT line, but most of them cheat and take a step infront of it.....his looks legit.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23

Those are decent stats for a young player, wonder why the guy never really got a chance in the league (must be attitude issues or something).

He should be suited up tonight. I hope he gets in!

I BALL Hard

Quote Originally Posted by TMac&Luther
    In this offense he'll get by on athleticism alone if he can move well without the ball. Adelman is good at taking young players with some athleticism and getting decent production out of them in his system. He'll be a nice young player to have off the bench......MUCH BETTER than Luther Head.
    He can't get by with his athleticism.

If you watched him in the NBDL he brought the ball up the court and the offense revolved around him.

So instead of catching and shooting he shot pull up jumpers which some players are better at anyways.

If his role isnt to be an offensive option then what would he provide other than being a dunker?

I BALL Hard

Those are decent stats for a young player, wonder why the guy never really got a chance in the league (must be attitude issues or something).
    He has no range,He plays half assed defense,& possibly he is still immature.

I remember how immature he was at Florida which ended up with him having to transfer.

If you watched him in the NBDL he brought the ball up the court and the offense revolved around him.

So instead of catching and shooting he shot pull up jumpers which some players are better at anyways.

If his role isnt to be an offensive option then what would he provide other than being a dunker?
    In this offense if he learns to move well without the ball he'll get dunks and other easy shots at the rim......much like Carl did his rookie season before he fine tunned his jump shot. Plus the article above already said he's got a much better J now.

Sorry, but a guy who can put up 25 ppg at the Dleague level atleast knows how to play a little ball and can score.....nobody is asking for this guy to make the allstar team, just provide some production and athleticism off the bench, I think he can do that.

He's clearly supposed to provide an offensive spark off the bench. He's extremely athletic and shooting 55% from the field and 37% from 3 in Anaheim.

I BALL Hard

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23

That was in only 6 games.

He played in the final 2 games while the Spurs rested their important players.

National High School Star mattevans11's Avatar

i like the move for the rockets.... but i have to be honest with you, i felt the same way about getting green last year and that did not turn out quite how i was hoping....... his bball IQ must be getting better for him to be getting a chance. i would like to have a white/wafer combo off of our bench... wafer is dong well this year, but having options will be nice. i wanna white get about 15 minutes a game to try to fit in.

National High School Star SsKSpurs21's Avatar

that is what the spurs were hoping for... for him to be a defensive stopper but he was more focused on dunks and offense. never really tried on defense, so we had to drop him.