Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    All of the lights.... ballsohard247's Avatar

Default Re: Shaq sucks as an on-air personality

Yeah Kevin McHale is second to Barkley in my opinion. I like Kenny, but sometimes he's annoying.

Kenny is annoying when he tries to gets wild and tries to outshout Charles..

Very good NBA starter ConanRulesNBC's Avatar

I think Shaq will be great on Inside the NBA. On a serious show like on ABC or ESPN everyone seems boring. But goofing around with EJ, Kenny, Barkley and Webber and the other announcers like Steve Kerr and Reggie Miller is going to be fun. I think Shaq will fit right in.

It's going to be hilarious to see the Inside the NBA crew making fun of both Barkley and Shaq and photoshopping them.

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

hullu muh nem is shackeew oh neeo

Will Shaq ever say BOOM SHACKALACKA?

He should.

Very good NBA starter ConanRulesNBC's Avatar

They must show the Barkley/Shaq fight as often as possible.

Decent playground baller

I can't believe someone negged me for this thread.

Is it clear now? Even SNL poked fun about this very subject.

I don't see why anyone thought Shaq would be a great on-air personality. He's not that type of funny.

Quote Originally Posted by GovernmentMan

I don't see why anyone thought Shaq would be a great on-air personality. He's not that type of funny.
    Haha that's funny/sad someone negged you for that.

Hearing Shaq talk is painful. It will never change.

I don't want Shaq to be as funny as other three. TNT doesn't need another Gary Payton. I would love to see Shaq as the less informative Kevin McHale.

Decent college freshman

agreed. all he does is mess up the chemistry. it's like he sits there, waits for those guys to finish while not paying attention, and then it's shaq time! shaq time is where he makes a barely audible, mumbling speech that has nothing to do with what anyone else was talking about. then he goes back to not paying attention.

i have to admit i was wrong about this one. i thought it was a good hiring when i first heard it.

Quote Originally Posted by GovernmentMan

Barkley wanted to make fun of him.

Also I like Shaq on Inside the NBA, he adds a whole new dimension to the show.

Hes not as much of a stupid, ignorant, blowhard as Chuck.
    Hes not as much of a comedic "smart man" as Kenny.
    Hes not attempting to be smart/informative like Webber was doing.

Shaq is just Shaq.

He sits at the edge of the table, doesn't make much sense when he speaks, then provides funny ad-libs during highlights.

He'll get better as he learns to be more critical of players because he's now retired and in the media. Most of the time when he talks about players hes bigging them up because hes friends/former teammates with them. That doesn't fly on TV because they want you to be critical of players for their actions on the court.

If Shaq was covering the 2011 NBA Finals, there is no way he would've said anything bad about LeBron although 99% of other commentators were calling him out.

I hate Barkley by himself but with Ernie and Kenny its pretty good. Shaq just brings tension when hes just sitting there talking shit, hes good when hes in action dancing or being goofy but was never the best with words.

Quote Originally Posted by knickswin
    agreed. all he does is mess up the chemistry. it's like he sits there, waits for those guys to finish while not paying attention, and then it's shaq time! shaq time is where he makes a barely audible, mumbling speech that has nothing to do with what anyone else was talking about. then he goes back to not paying attention.

i have to admit i was wrong about this one. i thought it was a good hiring when i first heard it.
    The reason people dont like it is because Shaq is a bigger personality/star than Inside the NBA. So naturally everyone waits to see what he has to say because its Shaq. I mean look at how you're critiquing his comments as if anybody ever expected to hear anything informative out of Inside the NBA.

People are over-analyzing everything he says/does on the show because of his popularity. Shaq is definetly the 2nd most popular/well-known player in NBA history behind only Jordan. Although WE ALL KNOW he doesn't speak well, and has always been a goofball on camera, yet for some reason people thought he'd be different on TV.

Unlike Magic Johnson, Shaq has such a polarizing personality with his comments that people will remember whatever he says. He talked shit about Bosh like 4 years ago and people bring it up when he says Bosh isn't a "big man" today.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Rowe
    The reason people dont like it is because Shaq is a bigger personality/star than Inside the NBA. So naturally everyone waits to see what he has to say because its Shaq. I mean look at how you're critiquing his comments as if anybody ever expected to hear anything informative out of Inside the NBA.

People are over-analyzing everything he says/does on the show because of his popularity. Shaq is definetly the 2nd most popular/well-known player in NBA history behind only Jordan. Although WE ALL KNOW he doesn't speak well, and has always been a goofball on camera, yet for some reason people thought he'd be different on TV.

Unlike Magic Johnson, Shaq has such a polarizing personality with his comments that people will remember whatever he says. He talked shit about Bosh like 4 years ago and people bring it up when he says Bosh isn't a "big man" today.
    eh, i'm just not digging it. nothing he says is insightful or interesting. it's always another stupid chris bosh joke or him talking about how wonderful everyone on boston was last year. he has a huuuuuggggggeeeeee ego too, so it's going to be hard for him to blend with the other guys.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by knickswin
    eh, i'm just not digging it. nothing he says is insightful or interesting. it's always another stupid chris bosh joke or him talking about how wonderful everyone on boston was last year. he has a huuuuuggggggeeeeee ego too, so it's going to be hard for him to blend with the other guys.
    Exactly...he just doesn't fit with this show. Get his own show or something, cause it's not working here. He can't laugh at himself, constantly uncomfortable when another player is compared to him (specifically Dwight), Spiteful jokes, and doesn't analyze the game....just hates on players he don't like, and bias towards players he do like.

Sorry, Inside the Nba is just not for him. Much better off with Webb.