Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast
    Decent college freshman Mr. Incredible's Avatar

Default Chances Dwight gets traded before the All-Star Break?

I haven't heard much lately. Orlando wouldn't risk keeping him for the season right?

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

Default Re: Chances Dwight gets traded before the All-Star Break?

somewhere between 0 and 100 %

70%

He's Orlando spokesperson for the All-Star game. He'll be traded a few day safter like Melo and Deron last season.

NBA lottery pick

0%.

That is just how stupid Stuart Scott's brother is.

Welcome to LA S. Nash! rhythmic 's Avatar

I am 100% that the chance of him being trade is 90%, but 0% of that happening before the All-Star break.

I am pretty sure GM's actually assemble meetings during the All-Star break to discuss player movement etc.

3 Ball like Piatkowski dab0yech0's Avatar

He will be traded after the all-star break. How awkward would it be to come back to Orlando in the AS Game in another jersey??

Good High School Starter

I say around 20%.
    So I think the Magic will keep him, and lose him for nothing in the offseason.
    Yes, I think Othis Smith will make this mistake. he is a really bad GM...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dab0yech0
    He will be traded after the all-star break. How awkward would it be to come back to Orlando in the AS Game in another jersey??
    If he did, he'd be obligated to wear a mask with this face on it during the introductions:

Quote Originally Posted by dab0yech0
    Well either way he'll be wearing something other than a Magic jersey for the allstar game.

Learning to shoot layups Hedo15's Avatar

0% before the all-star break. I think small change before the deadline too. I think Otis will push it all year and if Dwight still wants to leave at the end of the season, sign and trade.

3-time NBA All-Star

10%. Here's why I say that. Something people overlook is that Rich Devos, the Magic owner, is 85 years old. He's owned the Magic I believe for its whole existence and they've never won a title. I HIGHLY doubt he wants to see his organization rebuild and waste any opportunities to contend as he approaches the end of his life. IMO he takes one last chance with Howard even if it is only for this year, then during the summer use the leverage they have that Howard can't make max money without getting traded, and then hope that they can trade Howard+Hedo to the Lakers for Bynum+Gasol or to the Knicks for Amare+Chandler. If he wants to go to the Nets or Mavs, they would try to do a multiple team trade. Those options during the offseason might not make them seriously contend, but it gives them some kind of shot. They won't be rebuilding from the bottom with someone like Brook Lopez + picks.

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    10%. Here's why I say that. Something people overlook is that Rich Devos, the Magic owner, is 85 years old. He's owned the Magic I believe for its whole existence and they've never won a title. I HIGHLY doubt he wants to see his organization rebuild and waste any opportunities to contend as he approaches the end of his life. IMO he takes one last chance with Howard even if it is only for this year, then during the summer use the leverage they have that Howard can't make max money without getting traded, and then hope that they can trade Howard+Hedo to the Lakers for Bynum+Gasol or to the Knicks for Amare+Chandler. If he wants to go to the Nets or Mavs, they would try to do a multiple team trade. Those options during the offseason might not make them seriously contend, but it gives them some kind of shot. They won't be rebuilding from the bottom with someone like Brook Lopez + picks.
    I'm sure he learned his lesson with Shaq. I'm also sure he knows his chances of winning with the roster he has are VERY slim.

100%

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
    I'm sure he learned his lesson with Shaq. I'm also sure he knows his chances of winning with the roster he has are VERY slim.
    Im sure he knows the chances are slim going forward regardless. But he probably doesn't have much time left, so he might want to give himself the best opportunities.