Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star

Default Re: Jon Barry the Nostradamus of basketball predictions - was 100% correct about the Heat

Quote Originally Posted by AirGauge23
    Wade/Rose wouldn't have worked either.
    Joe Johnson and/or Rudy gay would've been the best fit for Rose.....Johnson especially. he doesn't need the rock to be effective. he howeer folds in the playoffs. Rudy may have actually been a better fit than johnson.
    Last edited by Christofire; 03-17-2011 at 10:09 AM.

3-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Jon Barry the Nostradamus of basketball predictions - was 100% correct about the Heat

Quote Originally Posted by griffmoney1784
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFMOf...elated#t=3m33s

notable quotes

"JB you've been saying that the bulls are the best fit for em ( lebron )"

"you dont think the heat will be the best team in the east"

"they wont get enough good players around them"

"they (wade/lebron) have to take a step back and should not try to play the same way as the last 7 years to make it work"

barry called it... he should have gone to chicago... barry knew the bulls would be at the top... barry knew miami wouldnt be great... barry knew they wouldnt get good players around them... barry knew they wouldnt work out if both wade and lebron tried to do too much...

'

Jon Barry was just on espn taking lebron over kobe..

he won't fit in any team .. he's not a team player
    it's automatic: lebron in = Chemistry out ... with any team

he's just an overrated stat padder

-
    Last edited by winwin; 06-19-2011 at 03:09 PM.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by winwin
    hi won't fit in any team .. he's not a team player
    it's automatic: lebron in = Chemistry out ... with any team

he's just an overrated stat padder

If he can't win by next season I will join that camp.. But just look at what the CAVS look like without LEBRON... 12 wins...

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by NBASTATMAN
    If he can't win by next season I will join that camp.. But just look at what the CAVS look like without LEBRON... 12 wins...
    the lost more than just LeBron.......

Jon is that you?

NBA rookie of the year ashbelly's Avatar

too bad he couldn't foresee tony parker banging his wife

el pollo loco siiiiiii

Quote Originally Posted by ashbelly
    too bad he couldn't foresee tony parker banging his wife
    I thought that was Brent?dumbf*ck

NBA rookie of the year ashbelly's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwade305
    I thought that was Brent?dumbf*ck
    oops my bad. got the names mixed up..

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by griffmoney1784
    miami won 47 games last year...right now theyre at 46 wins... they might win 53 this year if theyre lucky

theres 14 games left and right now theyre garbage. i see them going 7-7 here on out...

not much of an improvement considering they also got bosh

ok maybe 8-6
    Im no heat fan but to say theyll lose twice to ATL, once to the sixers and charlotte..? They'll go 10-4 if you ask me.

Jon Barry is a flip flopper. When you say heads I win, tails you lose, of course he will get it right.

But it aint just Barry, its most of those guys who talk bball

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    Chicago may have been a worse fit than Miami. Chemistry-wise, those were easily the two worst choices of the teams contending for his 'talents.'
    frankly, I dont see it. He would look very solid in the bulls. sure, rose role would change, but the frontline (presuming they also brought in boozer, but even without him) would be awesome defensively. I see the bulls as being the best fit out of all the possible squads.

Noah - defensive big man with hustle and toughness (Andy V x 100)
    Boozer - solid low post scorer and pick and pop 15fter who is an excellent rebounder
    Deng- play him at the 2 as a spot up shooter? trade him for a legit 2? dude is a great defender and all around baller

Plus the bench bigs

and what happens when Miami is facing Boston for the ECF this year...what whill he say about the Bulls then?

Miami has 5-years to figure this out. already, they are off to a good start and it only goes up from here. don't know why everyone thinks Lebron/Bosh joining Wade guarantee's titles. they know they need more time and more chemistry, as well as additional supporting cast.

Miami is locked for the next 5yrs at being in the ECF...that's their minimum quota as far as I see it. whether they get the additional players/chemistry to help win titles is another chapter waiting to be written.

It doesn't matter where lefraud landed, its the LBJ curse. Dan called it.

Its only a matter of time until he gets serious "cancer" tags. My guess is by the time they go fishing during this year playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by r15mohd
    and what happens when Miami is facing Boston for the ECF this year...what whill he say about the Bulls then?

Miami has 5-years to figure this out. already, they are off to a good start and it only goes up from here. don't know why everyone thinks Lebron/Bosh joining Wade guarantee's titles. they know they need more time and more chemistry, as well as additional supporting cast.

Miami is locked for the next 5yrs at being in the ECF...that's their minimum quota as far as I see it. whether they get the additional players/chemistry to help win titles is another chapter waiting to be written.
    good luck getting a bench. especially with the uncertainty of the new CBA