Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Royce White prepared to walk away from NBA

Quote Originally Posted by shoops
    If he voluntarily walked away, wouldn't the contract be forfeited or something?
    I think the team could make the case, but I doubt they'd try. Your organization doesn't want to be known as one that tries to use loopholes to get out of contracts. Future stars would remember and perhaps not sign with you in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by bluechox2
    Did he expect for the planes to drive him to every game?
    Well the rockets had already organized for him to get driven for road games when possible. So I don't think his flying issue is the problem

How I feel in ur head maybeshewill13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy11
    We (fans) took a gamble?

In what way? We didn't draft him, the organization did.
    I never said the FANS took a gamble.. I was merely saying sorry to Houston fans that the team took a gamble and it didn't pay off.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    I think the team could make the case, but I doubt they'd try. Your organization doesn't want to be known as one that tries to use loopholes to get out of contracts. Future stars would remember and perhaps not sign with you in the future.
    I see, thanks. Not very familiar with the whole process and details of nba contracts.

Quote Originally Posted by ballerz
    Well the rockets had already organized for him to get driven for road games when possible. So I don't think his flying issue is the problem
    He was complaining about the lack of playing time, and claimed the Rockets were using his disability as a reason for not playing him....lol. I think he basically implied something like how not getting playing time was causing him to have more anxiety.

Banned

the plane ride is a part of being in a team, not being there is a bad thing for team chemistry. plus I assume they sometimes watch tape and go over plays while on a plane

Proves idiots wrong Human Error's Avatar

This is not a soccer A match where it is held only like once a month so you could make it on a bus, this is NBA where you have to play 4 games in 5 days in East and West at times. If he cannot get on an airplane then he has no business playing in the NBA, and he has nof earned the right to ask for any kind of special treatment. It was a mistake to take it to the public and try to make the organization who took him look into betrayers. Bye Royce and good luck with your new career.

Rich Manning is my dad Vancouver-Grizz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101

not true at all.

A contract works both ways. They can keep the existing contract as the Rockets never said they didn't want to pay him the money as long as White honored his side of it. If White does not attend to practice or attend the games, he will be suspended with out pay and fined which could offset his contract plus more. No NBA player will doubt Houston's actions as how can and player or union expect Rockets pay for a contract that doesn't get honored by the player?

He's a whiny fat bitch. Let him quit.

People act like he can be a star in the league; I'm not sure if he can even be a starter on a good team. And, yes, I did watch him at Iowa State. Too much trouble over something probably not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    People don't understand Royce here. OCD isn't rational, so stop acting like he is purposefully acting like this just to be a dick.
    I have OCD. And White is a ****ing baby and a dick.

OCD doesn't make you delusional or an idiot. In fact, there are some doctors that say most people with OCD are intelligent...just their brain moves too fast or thinks too much about certain things.

If you have OCD, you are FULLY AWARE you have OCD. If you wash your hands 30 times a day, you KNOW your hands are clean, you just can't help it. MUCH different than someone who is delusional and thinks their hands are actually dirty.

OCD is very manageable because when you have it, you are aware of your condition and being aware is the biggest step when it comes to mental disorders.

He just seems like a whiny, emotional baby who is trying to blame them because he doesn't want to take the extra steps necessary. As far as his college career...maybe he was pampered and catered to in college because he was a star. In the NBA, he's just another rookie...a dime a dozen.

Bye...

Give a roster spot to someone that actually wants it then you cry baby.

If it's not due to the anxiety, but rather the playing time then I hope they void his contract... If it is actually due to the anxiety then I doubt they will be able to void the contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Vancouver-Grizz
    not true at all.

A contract works both ways. They can keep the existing contract as the Rockets never said they didn't want to pay him the money as long as White honored his side of it. If White does not attend to practice or attend the games, he will be suspended with out pay and fined which could offset his contract plus more. No NBA player will doubt Houston's actions as how can and player or union expect Rockets pay for a contract that doesn't get honored by the player?
    this

Anxiety is a very real disorder and it's tough to deal with (I know from experience), but if you're in the NBA and making millions, you've gotta find a way to deal with it. He's missing out on a huge opportunity.

And he's just acting like a dick. Anxiety is no excuse for that.

Quote Originally Posted by lilgodfather1
    Bye...

Give a roster spot to someone that actually wants it then you cry baby.

If it's not due to the anxiety, but rather the playing time then I hope they void his contract... If it is actually due to the anxiety then I doubt they will be able to void the contract.
    walking away from the nba equals retiring. rockets won't pay him a dime if he retires.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    Anxiety is a very real disorder and it's tough to deal with (I know from experience), but if you're in the NBA and making millions, you've gotta find a way to deal with it. He's missing out on a huge opportunity.

And he's just acting like a dick. Anxiety is no excuse for that.
    Yup. Anxiety IS a bitch (I have a bit of that, too) but it is, BY FAR, the most easily treated mental "disorder" there is. Most doctors don't even like to call it a "disorder" because EVERYONE has some form of anxiety...just others are more susceptible and have higher levels of it.

Banned

Drama Queen.

Of course he won't walk away from millions of dollars. Money > anxiety disorder