Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Karl Malone's bastard TMac&Luther's Avatar

Default Re: Rockets sign JAMES WHITE to a 10-Day Contract

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopman2612
    He has no range,He plays half assed defense,& possibly he is still immature.

I remember how immature he was at Florida which ended up with him having to transfer.
    Sounds like you're just hating on him.......NBA scouts already said he has a J that he developed in the D league and his coach already commented on his attitude. Said he was a good kid and works hard, but has a reputation that has followed him and it hurts him. He's 26 now, he's not a 19 year old kid at florida.

Quote Originally Posted by TMac&Luther
    He's already better than Green......he has 10 full digits.
    What are you talking about? Has the Gerald Green story gotten even more tragic and I wasn't aware of it?

I BALL Hard

Quote Originally Posted by lolwut
    He's clearly supposed to provide an offensive spark off the bench. He's extremely athletic and shooting 55% from the field and 37% from 3 in Anaheim.
    I know the NBDL is a minor league of the NBA but just because a player is doing well in the NBDL with the offense based around him doesn't mean they will do well in the NBA as a role player.

Think to yourself.

If James White were as good as I think he is, Why has he played only 6 games in the NBA?

I BALL Hard

Quote Originally Posted by A.M.G.
    What are you talking about? Has the Gerald Green story gotten even more tragic and I wasn't aware of it?
    No.

Everyone on ISH just hates Gerald Green.

I know the NBDL is a minor league of the NBA but just because a player is doing well in the NBDL with the offense based around him doesn't mean they will do well in the NBA as a role player.

Think to yourself.

If James White were as good as I think he is, Why has he played only 6 games in the NBA?

If he's capable of shooting 55% from the field in an offense that's based around him he's at least a decent scorer.

I BALL Hard

Sounds like you're just hating on him.......NBA scouts already said he has a J that he developed in the D league and his coach already commented on his attitude. Said he was a good kid and works hard, but has a reputation that has followed him and it hurts him. He's 26 now, he's not a 19 year old kid at florida.
    Link?

NBA rookie of the year Rockets(T-mac)'s Avatar

When he was drafted, I really wanted him to get some minutes on a team, just so he could get in the dunk contest.

Hope he does that next year.

I BALL Hard

Quote Originally Posted by lolwut
    If he's capable of shooting 55% from the field in an offense that's based around him he's at least a decent scorer.
    Hes a decent scorer when the offense revolves around him.

If Rick Adelman runs their offense through a guy on a 10 Day contract he might as well quit now.

Hes a decent scorer when the offense revolves around him.

If Rick Adelman runs their offense through a guy on a 10 Day contract he might as well quit now.

Rick Adelman is not going to run the offense through a freak athlete we picked up out of the D League. He's a risk, but he has the capability to at least provide an offensive spark off our bench. It will be interesting to see how he compares to Von Wafer.

I'd rather have James White than Luther Head.

Link?
    James White, Knocking on the NBA's Door, Again

by: Jim Hlavac
    February 12, 2009
    In a league that prides itself in developing players, no one player has shown as much improvement this season as NBA D-League All-Star James White of the Anaheim Arsenal. The 6' 7 White is second in the league in scoring with 25.8 points per game and has scored 20 or more points in 21 consecutive games. White will be one of four players participating in the D-League's Slam-Dunk Contest on Friday night, as well as the D-League All-Star game on Saturday afternoon (NBA TV, 4 PM EST).

Coach [Sam] Vincent put me in a role as being one of the primary scorers on the team, said White. I'm getting shots up and just looking for my shot more, which I've really never been able to do on any other team I played for.

The trust placed upon him by Vincent has paid off for White and the Arsenal, as he has connected on 55.5% of his shots and 40% from behind the arc.

Icon SMI

Assistant Coach Paul Mokeski agrees, Every game I look up, he's got 30 points.

White's biggest development, however, has been his attitude and approach to the game. He has a bad reputation, and whether it is deserving or not, it has stuck to him.

When White entered the NBA draft out of Cincinnati, he was the 31st pick overall. Yet in this year's D-League draft, this first round talent saw 24 players picked ahead of him. And there was some concern in the Anaheim war room of taking him at all.

He had a reputation of being kind of volatile, says Mokeski. A reputation that Mokeski hasn't seen this season. I really like James. He works hard and he's a professional.
    The trip to China was not a lost cause, as his Dad gave him a book to read, Mind Gym, by Gary Mack and David Casstevens.

It's a book that talks about focusing and visualizing and things like that, says White. I've been incorporating it into my game. I'm staying focused and looking at the plays before they happen. It's really helped me slow the game down.

White has always been, and will always be, an emotional player. He just needs to refine his emotions on the court and the book has helped him see that.

Everybody thinks I have a bad attitude or I'm a bad guy because I show emotion. But that's what fuels me to play, my emotion.

He also now understands that he needs to control his emotion on the court. Earlier in the season, White would often contest calls the referees made, but he realizes that they are just doing their job and he needs to stay focused.

I'm trying to calm down and leave the refs alone. The last three or four weeks I've really been working at it.

His efforts have not gone unnoticed by Coach Mokeski. The non-reactions he has now to the bad calls are a big difference. It's not the big blown up reaction, it's just a little reaction and that's been a huge difference. It's really helped his game.

So now White just waits for the rest of the basketball world to see how he has developed this season. I've figured out the scoring part at this level, so I'm going to pick it up on defense a little, get more rebounds, do more stuff other than scoring.

With all the raw talent and athleticism that made White the 31st pick overall in 2006, he should be getting a look at the NBA before the end of the year. If that comes, White will be ready.
    http://www.draftexpress.com/article/...or-Again-3106/

I BALL Hard

^^Thats nice.

He'll be back in Anaheim by Easter.

^^Thats nice.

He'll be back in Anaheim by Easter.
    Hate Hate Hate

Welcome to the New Age Raj Da Dodge's Avatar

God damn this guy can dunk/jump!!! Damn! Here's a tight mix of his dunks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdhRgZXNo5w

But damn he can jump! Hope he can shoot too!

3-time NBA All-Star

Hate Hate Hate
    I think he's just being realistic... it would be great for the Rockets if is able to come in and contribute right away, but in all seriousness how many minutes are really available for White?? Is he going to get serious minutes over Von Wafer and Lowry??

Don't get me wrong it would be fun seeing him in the playoffs when i can actually watch Rockets games, but i get the impression that this is going to be an extremely underwhelming 10 days for White.

Quote Originally Posted by BankShot
    I think he's just being realistic... it would be great for the Rockets if is able to come in and contribute right away, but in all seriousness how many minutes are really available for White?? Is he going to get serious minutes over Von Wafer and Lowry??

Don't get me wrong it would be fun seeing him in the playoffs when i can actually watch Rockets games, but i get the impression that this is going to be an extremely underwhelming 10 days for White.
    I don't look for him to do much either, but it would be nice if he could turn some heads in practice and catch on with a team that's obviously going to be looking for a new athletic sg/sf for next season.
    Last edited by TMac&Luther; 03-03-2009 at 06:19 PM.