Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Keep it tight for me The-Legend-24's Avatar

Default Re: WOJ: Spurs only team Aldridge is confident about currently.

Then why hasn't this nikka signed yet?

Good college starter Locked_Up_Tonight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    It's not going to have spacing issues. The issues would be on defense.

You aren't giving nearly enough credit to Leonard/LMA just as offensive weapons on their own there.

I never said Parker or Diaw were great 3 point shooters. I said you can't just leave them wide open at the 3 point line. It doesn't matter how many they've taken in the past or percentages. They aren't physically inept...they can shoot the ball well enough to draw attention at the line if need be.

The whole point would be about giving Leonard or LMA space to operate on offense in the wing post (which is a really good option against teams going small)...while being able to match up defensively and not get pick and rolled to death with a slow big on the court.

They'd simply have to go with some version of a lineup with LMA playing the big or they won't be able to play against teams going small.
    And if LMA is playing center for 20 minutes a night (even in playoffs)... they won't be making it very far. You have to have bigs at the center position to succeed.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyMcAdocious
    And what are the Spurs going to do after Duncan retires, probably after this season?
    It is probably that Timmy will stay and mentor for a year, and Aldridge becomes the full time replacement.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Locked_Up_Tonight
    And if LMA is playing center for 20 minutes a night (even in playoffs)... they won't be making it very far. You have to have bigs at the center position to succeed.
    Dude.

It depends on the opponent.

So you think the way to beat the Warriors when they go small is to go big? LOL...you'll get toasted. It won't work.

You go with a big lineup...LMA at the 4 and a big at center Duncan...whoever...doesn't matter. You go with that against:

Curry/Klay/Barnes/Iggy/Draymond....you simply are toast. You can go big at times and counter....and LMA/Duncan would be a good combo for that, but you can't do that all the time. Duncan isn't dominant enough in the post anymore to make that work. Almost nobody in the NBA is good enough in the post anymore to make that work. Hence why it's so valuable.

You have to remain versatile. That's the name of the game now.

From an outsiders perspective, I'm stunned he hasn't already signed with the Spurs. Based on his options it's a complete no-brainer.

Quote Originally Posted by RIP CITY
    From an outsiders perspective, I'm stunned he hasn't already signed with the Spurs. Based on his options it's a complete no-brainer.
    We don't know what LMA is valuing here though. He could value things we don't think he should or not be after exactly what we've been told.

None of us know this guy.

It might be a no brainer to us, but he's a different person.

I rule the local playground

U
    What is that team doing when the Warriors go uber small? They gonna run Duncan out there and hope Draymond Green misses wide open 3 after wide open 3?

Feed Duncan in the post until Draymond fouls out of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Chadwin
    Feed Duncan in the post until Draymond fouls out of the game.
    Yea...I really don't think that works.

Warriors offense on the other end will win that battle consistently. Duncan would be struggling to score 2's while the Warriors would be hitting 3's.

It's why Blatt going small in game 5 against the Warriors after game 4 was actually a brilliant decision. Mozgov's numbers were the definition of fool's gold.

Over the course of a game/series...the EV of the Warriors on offense will just win out there. You have to match them at some point...you can't always go big.

At times it's fine, but you have to be able to change things up and match them. And the Spurs, with LMA, would absolutely be able to do that.

We don't know what LMA is valuing here though. He could value things we don't think he should or not be after exactly what we've been told.

None of us know this guy.

It might be a no brainer to us, but he's a different person.
    He understands his role, he knows they have the capacity to win, they can offer as much as anybody except the Blazers, and it is in his home state. I'm pretty sure he values those things.

Quote Originally Posted by ShackEelOKneel
    He understands his role, he knows they have the capacity to win, they can offer as much as anybody except the Blazers, and it is in his home state. I'm pretty sure he values those things.
    He might also value being the star player on a team, not playing center and being part of a young developing roster, all of those are reasons why I think Phoenix is in the picture. If you go there, you know that Bledsoe, Knight, Chandler and their young players such as Len, Warren and Booker will be there with you.

San Antonio should be and clearly is the strong favorite but not to such a degree that I think it would be ridiculous for him to contemplate going to a team like Phoenix.

Quote Originally Posted by ShackEelOKneel
    Sure. But what if he values something else more?

I mean...we simply don't know.

Think he would have signed already if it was just a done deal and he didn't have to think about it at all.

Are you saying he's grandstanding right now by taking all these other meetings and delaying his decision?

Yea...I really don't think that works.

Warriors offense on the other end will win that battle consistently. Duncan would be struggling to score 2's while the Warriors would be hitting 3's.

It's why Blatt going small in game 5 against the Warriors after game 4 was actually a brilliant decision. Mozgov's numbers were the definition of fool's gold.

Over the course of a game/series...the EV of the Warriors on offense will just win out there. You have to match them at some point...you can't always go big.

At times it's fine, but you have to be able to change things up and match them. And the Spurs, with LMA, would absolutely be able to do that.
    Remember when Duncan lit up Bosh so bad in the Finals they put Haslem on him the next game? I'll take those easy opportunities all day over Draymond three point attempts.

Remember when Duncan lit up Bosh so bad in the Finals they put Haslem on him the next game? I'll take those easy opportunities all day over Draymond three point attempts.
    And you'll lose, but okay.

I'm not saying it's all one way or the other. I'm saying that is what gets you into trouble. At times they'd go big with Duncan...at times they wouldn't. We really gonna debate this?

And you'll lose, but okay.

I'm not saying it's all one way or the other. I'm saying that is what gets you into trouble. At times they'd go big with Duncan...at times they wouldn't. We really gonna debate this?
    A career 32%/28.7% (reg/playoffs) three point shooter vs Duncan getting easy looks in the post.

You go right ahead.

A career 32%/28.7% (reg/playoffs) three point shooter vs Duncan getting easy looks in the post.

You go right ahead.
    Draymond isn't shooting every shot...and Duncan is only that much older.

Again, it's fools gold.

You are playing right into their hands. You go right ahead.

Do you think Blatt is a moron...or do you think he might have seen stuff that made him weary of playing Mozgov and going big again even though Moz had 28 on 16 shots iirc?

Is Blatt just an idiot according to you?