Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: 2015 FIBA Under-19 World Championship

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    And the USA will continue to "contribute" the "MVPs of this world" like Derrick Rose and Stephen Curry.............

WTF is your point?

And lots of posters here have bragged about how Canada and Australia have the 2nd and 3rd most "young talent in the world".

YOU NEED TO PUT DOWN THE CRACK PIPE

No the USA will continue to supply the Euroleague with scrubs like Anthony Parker, who was considered a god over there.

Quote Originally Posted by LAZERUSS
    No the USA will continue to supply the Euroleague with scrubs like Anthony Parker, who was considered a god over there.
    You mean the USA will continue to produce people like YOU, that are deranged psychotic lunatics, that believe things that are not true - that believe things that are only made up fantasies in their own minds, are "true facts"....

Quote Originally Posted by SpanishACB

Duncan...from the U.S Virgin Islands. And, of course, like Ewing, and Hakeem, developed his game in the U.S.

Had it not been for that, you would never have heard of those three.

You mean the USA will continue to produce people like YOU, that are deranged psychotic lunatics, that believe things that are not true - that believe things that are only made up fantasies in their own minds, are "true facts"....

What? That I claimed that an NBA scrub like Anthony Parker DOMINATED in Europe?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Parker

After graduating from Bradley University with a major in liberal arts, he entered the 1997 NBA Draft and played briefly in the NBA before plying his trade in Europe. There, Parker spent five seasons with the Israeli Super League basketball club Maccabi Tel Aviv and one season with the Italian Serie A club Lottomatica Roma. With Maccabi he won five Israeli Super League national championships, five Israeli National Cups, three European titles (2 Euroleague Basketball titles and the FIBA SuproLeague title in 2001), and was voted two consecutive times Euroleague MVP.

Duncan...from the U.S Virgin Islands. And, of course, like Ewing, and Hakeem, developed his game in the U.S.

Had it not been for that, you would never have heard of those three.
    What? That I claimed that an NBA scrub like Anthony Parker DOMINATED in Europe?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Parker

You continue to prove that you are psychotic.

You continue to prove that you are psychotic.
    By telling the complete truth?

In what world is that considered psychotioc? Only your's I presume.

By telling the complete truth?

In what world is that considered psychotioc? Only your's I presume.
    Wow, this guy is downright SCARY.

Lazeruss = an alt account of gabepizza

Don't pretend like you know anything about Greek players Maga.
    I don't, that's why i had to search it
    I only know Charalampopoulos and Papagiannis, and the Papagiannis i barely saw him play.

Quote Originally Posted by Maga_1
    I don't, that's why i had to search it
    I only know Charalampopoulos and Papagiannis, and the Papagiannis i barely saw him play.
    Unfortunately, Charalampopulos is playing with a bad injury. If he was fully healthy, I am sure Greece would beat USA.

Papagiannis was being rested for the game against USA. That's why he barely played. The coach just wanted him to get a little bit of playing time to keep his rhythm up, and then they rested him for the next game.

As for Toliopoulos, all of the young Greek guards (except Dorsey, for obvious reasons) have copied all of Spanoulis' moves. Now Greece has a whole generation of young guards that can create AND score.

FINALLY, no more of these Papaloukas, Nick Calathes, and Diamantidis type of guards will be coming through the national team anymore. It's just so damn hard to win in modern basketball with guards like that. You have to have modern guards that can shoot and score like Spanoulis.

And now these younger generation Greek guards all grew up watching Spanoulis play, and they have all copied his moves and playing style, and now Greece has a bunch of them that can shoot and score. Toliopoulos looks like the one that has copied Spanoulis' moves the most maybe, along with Lountzis, who reminds me a lot of Rudy Fernandez with his size and athletic ability.

All those years it has been just Greece playing with only two guards that could create their own score in Spanoulis and Zisis, and the rest were just all about passing. Now thanks to all the young players watching Spanoulis play, it looks like that nonsense finally ended. And all the "you need to emulate Papaloukas and Diamantidis" bullshit has finally stopped.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 07-03-2015 at 05:01 PM.

Unfortunately, Charalampopulos is playing with a bad injury. If he was fully healthy, I am sure Greece would beat USA.

Papagiannis was being rested for the game against USA. That's why he barely played. The coach just wanted him to get a little bit of playing time to keep his rhythm up, and then they rested him for the next game.

As for Toliopoulos, all of the young Greek guards (except Dorsey, for obvious reasons) have copied all of Spanoulis' moves. Now Greece has a whole generation of young guards that can create AND score.

FINALLY, no more of these Papaloukas, Nick Calathes, and Diamantidis type of guards will be coming through the national team anymore. It's just so damn hard to win in modern basketball with guards like that. You have to have modern guards that can shoot and score like Spanoulis.

And now these younger generation Greek guards all grew up watching Spanoulis play, and they have all copied his moves and playing style, and now Greece has a bunch of them that can shoot and score. Toliopoulos looks like the one that has copied Spanoulis' moves the most maybe, along with Lountzis, who reminds me a lot of Rudy Fernandez with his size and athletic ability.

All those years it has been just Greece playing with only two guards that could create their own score in Spanoulis and Zisis, and the rest were just all about passing. Now thanks to all the young players watching Spanoulis play, it looks like that nonsense finally ended. And all the "you need to emulate Papaloukas and Diamantidis" bullshit has finally stopped.
    You clearly know greek stuff better then me, just a few pointers:
    - Papagiannis didn't play because he was getting outlplayed, like Kottas and other kid from Iowa too. Mitoglou was the only interior player that stud up and played average.
    - I don't think Greek guards playing like Spanoulis, especially not Tolioupolos after what i saw.. i think he's more a facilitator then a score, like Spanoulis is. He knows how to push the tempo while Spanoulis plays amazingly half court sets.

Greek found their rotation in the 2nd half, i don't know what the greek coach was doing in the first but he missed all the timming on the subs that he made.

Quote Originally Posted by Maga_1
    You clearly know greek stuff better then me, just a few pointers:
    - Papagiannis didn't play because he was getting outlplayed, like Kottas and other kid from Iowa too. Mitoglou was the only interior player that stud up and played average.
    - I don't think Greek guards playing like Spanoulis, especially not Tolioupolos after what i saw.. i think he's more a facilitator then a score, like Spanoulis is. He knows how to push the tempo while Spanoulis plays amazingly half court sets.

Greek found their rotation in the 2nd half, i don't know what the greek coach was doing in the first but he missed all the timming on the subs that he made.
    The Greek big men were rested for the game against USA. You can think whatever you want. They were not going to play hardly at all in the game against Spain.

Greece knew Spain could not beat them, and USA played the early game, because FIBA ALWAYS gives them the EASY schedule. Greece rested their big men because of that.

Spanoulis only plays in half court sets because every coach he has demands that. Giannakis, Van Gundy, Obradovic, Bartzokas, Ivkovic, Sfairopoulos, etc.

When the hell did he ever play in any team that allowed the guard to push the ball? Never would be the answer.

Actually, he might finally get to this summer with Katsikaris, but still even then, he is playing with guys like Bourousis, Koufos, etc. so even then you can't really push the ball.

His natural play style is exactly to push the ball.

Now get serious Maga. You are a trained European point guard. As such, I know you need to understand all the positions and how they work.

So you need to understand that Greece is going to play one way against Spain, which is a small team and that likes to switch, and another way with USA that wants to force turnovers and get in open court.

So you should know you want to naturally play smaller and quicker, with ball handlers and shooters against Spain, and you want to play bigger and stronger and have guys to block up the lane and control the rebounds with USA and in particular you want to prevent them from starting the fast break from getting those quick rebounds and running.

It does not take a genius to figure out that you need to use Charalampopulos more as a 4 and Mitoglou more as a 5 against a team like Spain, and use Tsalmpouris more as a 4/5 and Papagiannis with Kottas as bigs against a team like USA, with Mitoglou to spread the floor.

Surely you can grasp that?

So there is no reason to run your bigs up and down the floor when you are Greece to tire them out, when you don't match that way against Spain, you can beat Spain anyway, and you play USA with less rest than them, so you need to have your big men rested to play them.

This is not rocket science.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 07-03-2015 at 05:35 PM.

You don't have to say that to me, you have to say that to the greek coach that took an entire half to grasp that he needed a more versatile team instead of playing with bigs

I saw Croatia-USA, they were banging them downlow while they could. Even Arapovic was posting up a lot more then he use to it.

A team that can defeat the full court pressure can defeat the US, we saw that today in the first half when italians were getting by the first line in defense but...

I don't know if anyone can keep up with US rhythm, they play with a lot of intensity especially on the defense, which leads to easy points on offense.

Turkey is my favorite team of the tournament so far, i like the way they play a lot even tho i just watch 2 games.

Saw a basketball once bletchley's Avatar

The biggest talent in this tournement would be Dragan Bender. But since he is not here i would choose Furkan Korkmaz as the greatest talent from Europe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7T0dhGx43gA (Euroleage and Turkish league not u18 or sth)

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2016/ #11

He is 17 yo and played 10 min. per game in the Euroleague for Anadolu Efes averaging 3.5 points. He was a valuable member of u-18 Europe Champions Turkey, scoring 12 pts per game coming off the bench at the age of 16.

He is a great shooter and athlete as well which makes him a great scorer and he is considered as top 15 in many of the mock draft websites for 2016.

http://www.fiba.com/world/u19/2015/Furkan-KORKMAZ
    Last edited by bletchley; 07-03-2015 at 09:25 PM.

I really like Korkmaz as a player. But I don't think he's a star. I would not call him "biggest talent from Europe". Simply because I see him more as a guy that plays on adrenaline and energy and making plays than he does so much on skill.

I really like him as a player, but to take label as "biggest talent of Europe", he has to have more skills than he does.

You are putting him at the level of being a star, and a star has something extra, something I don't see in him really. I see a lot of activity, good basketball IQ, good athletic ability, etc., that ability to make plays, but I don't see anything that really stands out.

Actually, he's very similar to Tyler Dorsey, who is playing in the same tournament, only I think Dorsey is a better shooter and more athletic, with better one on one skills. So even in the category of similar players, I'm not sure if he's even the best of his type of player.

Although, there is something about him that makes you really like him as a player when you watch him though, and I'm not sure what it is, but when you watch him play, you just really like how he plays.

But I don't see him as biggest talent or star type player. I really don't see it.

I see something more like a true championship caliber role player.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 07-03-2015 at 09:52 PM.