Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Default Re: JR Smith mentioning what teams he wants to play for on Twitter

J.R will be a great pickup for a team. He's a great wildcard. His streaking shooting can literally win you games when he get's hot. He's obviously a knuckle head and abit of a headache but I think it'd be worth it. He's putting effort in on defense. His midrange game was really starting to take off too.

He'd be HUGE for the Knicks or Bulls when you consider the risk\reward factor. Still rather see him on a team like the Bobcats where he'd be able to chuck and put on a show . Raptors perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Would be sick on the Clippers. My problem is we don't need another guy who wants to score 20 points a game. I have a feeling he wouldn't buy into the idea that CP3+Griffin= the franchise players.
    CP3 is only going to give you 15 or so PPG.

Hes no longer aggresively looking for his shot like he did under Byron Scott in New Orleans. Having to shoulder such a load of scoring as well as creating for others is what led to his injuries.

Jordan has no offensive impact, Griffin will give you his 22 PPG, and I'd be shocked if Caron Butler averaged over 15 PPG without shooting below 40% from the Field.

At the very least Smith would come right in and knock down open 3's all game. The greatest asset of a PG/PF combo is that it leaves the shooters open on the wing.

Quote Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
    J.R will be a great pickup for a team. He's a great wildcard. His streaking shooting can literally win you games when he get's hot. He's obviously a knuckle head and abit of a headache but I think it'd be worth it. He's putting effort in on defense. His midrange game was really starting to take off too.

He'd be HUGE for the Knicks or Bulls when you consider the risk\reward factor. Still rather see him on a team like the Bobcats where he'd be able to chuck and put on a show . Raptors perhaps.
    I agree.Would love to see him on a bad team chucking shots like crazy.

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch
    I agree.Would love to see him on a bad team chucking shots like crazy.
    He would attempt anything. Seen him try to 360 a layup in traffic for no reason. He'll never be a smart player but he's fun to watch and when he's on he goes crazy.

I reaaaally hope sometime before he turns 30 he finds a team that's basically tanking and doesn't have any star caliber players to really develop and are willing to give him 35+ minutes a night and do his thing. Wouldn't lead to wins but entertainment for sure, if you weren't a fan of that team anyways.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rowe
    CP3 is only going to give you 15 or so PPG.

Hes no longer aggresively looking for his shot like he did under Byron Scott in New Orleans. Having to shoulder such a load of scoring as well as creating for others is what led to his injuries.

Jordan has no offensive impact, Griffin will give you his 22 PPG, and I'd be shocked if Caron Butler averaged over 15 PPG without shooting below 40% from the Field.

At the very least Smith would come right in and knock down open 3's all game. The greatest asset of a PG/PF combo is that it leaves the shooters open on the wing.
    Wanna place a wager with me right now?

Griffin will average 24+ ppg this year. CP3 will average 19+ ppg. They are going to raise each other up big. I'm willing to bet you a 1 month avy on this if you want. We can cash in at all star break or end of season, up to you.

NBA sixth man of the year NugzFan's Avatar

So you guys are that confident JR wouldn't mind being a 3rd or 4th option even as a starter? I'm not confident about that. Dude wants to be THE MAN.
    he wouldnt mind at all. he would fit perfectly.

So you guys are that confident JR wouldn't mind being a 3rd or 4th option even as a starter? I'm not confident about that. Dude wants to be THE MAN.
    Hes never been "the man" so why would he want to be "the man" now?

Hes always played his role as a 6th Man, even when Melo left and Denver badly needed someone to step in and fill his void. Smith kept producing at the same rate off the bench, instead of trying to take over every game like some people thought he would.

JR could've been "the man" for a bad NBA team, but he enjoys winning.

Lets be honest he would/could average 25 PPG in Charlotte or Toronto and go to the All Star Game.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore yanix's Avatar

i think after the k-mart era
    those Denver Thugets players wouldn't mind to return
    and Birdman is going to be the last thug

Quote Originally Posted by NugzFan
    he wouldnt mind at all. he would fit perfectly.
    I'll take your word for it. I'm sure I haven't watched as much JR as you. When I've seen him... he seems to have a questionable shot selection and take way more shots than he should. Honestly though is he an upgrade to Billups who put up like 17.5 ppg, 5 rpg, 5.5 apg or w/e last year?

Quote Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
    He would attempt anything. Seen him try to 360 a layup in traffic for no reason. He'll never be a smart player but he's fun to watch and when he's on he goes crazy.

I reaaaally hope sometime before he turns 30 he finds a team that's basically tanking and doesn't have any star caliber players to really develop and are willing to give him 35+ minutes a night and do his thing. Wouldn't lead to wins but entertainment for sure, if you weren't a fan of that team anyways.
    You also forgot to mention all crazy ways of celebrating he would bring to table.

I'm sure all of you remember this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NK62SBsGZH0

Wanna place a wager with me right now?

Griffin will average 24+ ppg this year. CP3 will average 19+ ppg. They are going to raise each other up big. I'm willing to bet you a 1 month avy on this if you want. We can cash in at all star break or end of season, up to you.
    Deal.

Blake needs a mid-range jumpshot, and CP3 has no intentions of attempting to go for 20+ every night. What he did in New Orleans would show you that hes taking a different, better approach to the game.

Blake doesn't make CP3 better because Blake doesn't require a double team at this stage of his career, CP3 makes Blake better tho.

Quote Originally Posted by yanix
    i think after the k-mart era
    those Denver Thugets players wouldn't mind to return
    and Birdman is going to be the last thug
    whats a thug? what makes birdman a thug?

Quote Originally Posted by NugzFan
    whats a thug? what makes birdman a thug?
    Because he has tattoos and has a nickname.

Deal.

Blake needs a mid-range jumpshot, and CP3 has no intentions of attempting to go for 20+ every night. What he did in New Orleans would show you that hes taking a different, better approach to the game.

Blake doesn't make CP3 better because Blake doesn't require a double team at this stage of his career, CP3 makes Blake better tho.
    WTF dude? Blatant trolling? Only player who saw more doubles/defensive attention last year than Griffin is Howard. Which is exactly why I said CP3 will see a boost. The doubles= wide open 3's for a much improved outside shot by CP3. I'm sure you'll watch a lot of Clippers games this year and see what I'm talking about.

Because he has tattoos and has a nickname.

oh. so a "thug" is a person with tattoos and has a nickname?

got it. thanks.