Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Made that high school varsity squad

Default Re: So let me get this straight, Jordan played with 5 Hall of Famers?

Why are people so reluctant to accept Jordan as the GOAT? these agendas are hilarious...can't wait til luc longley gets in the HoF

Jordan won 6 titles because he was the GOAT Playoff performer and GOAT Finals performer.

Sure, he had help, but so has every legend during their title runs. To think those Bulls teams were any more stacked than what Bird, Magic, Kareem, Russell, etc. played with is simply revisionist history.

No player will EVER come close to averaging 33 ppg in the playoffs over an entire career for as long as Jordan did.

Some of you are just with your ridiculous insinuations that Jordan was a product of great teams. Jordan made those teams what they were. No disrespect to the other great players he played with like Scottie and Dennis, but let's be real: No one can compare with Jordan's playoff resume.

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    5 players? Pippen, Rodman, Gervin, Parish, and who? Gervin and Parish were nowhere near there primes when they played with Jordan.
    Yeah it's a stupid premise since Parish was like 42 years old, and Gervin played 1 year (his final and by far his least productive) where MJ played EIGHTEEN games, and averaged 5 ppg in the playoffs.

Then again, troll thread so it's expected I guess.

Local High School Star MasterDurant24's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    I know no amount of reason will show you the error in your thinking, but your wrong. Why do you guys act as if the 87 lakers, the 86 celtics and the 83 sixers played each other every year?

The 87 lakers beat a celtic team that was injured. The 86 celtics didn't even play the lakers, and the 83 sixers beat the lakers without james worthy. Not that worthy was in his prime, but the fact is the lakers weren't at full strength.
    The talent level in the later 90s was defintely diluted, due to more teams.

That Sixers team beat the Lakers with a still productive Kareem(leading scorer), Jamaal Wilkes(one of the most underrated players of all time), Norm Nixon(another one of the most underrated players), and of course Magic. They also had Michael Cooper, one of the best defensive players of all time. Worthy was just a rookie. Wilkes, Kareem, and Magic were all allstars.

The Celtics faced one of the best power forward-center tandems ever, with Ralph and Hakeem. The same Houston team that beat Kareem, Magic, Worthy, and Byron Scott in 5 games.

Dunking on everybody in the park Unstoppabull's Avatar

Even if it's true, who the hell cares?

You can't diminish Jordan's legacy kid, you just can't.

Quote Originally Posted by Doranku

Jordan won 6 titles because he was the GOAT Playoff performer and GOAT Finals performer.

Sure, he had help, but so has every legend during their title runs. To think those Bulls teams were any more stacked than what Bird, Magic, Kareem, Russell, etc. played with is simply revisionist history.

No player will EVER come close to averaging 33 ppg in the playoffs over an entire career for as long as Jordan did.

Some of you are just with your ridiculous insinuations that Jordan was a product of great teams. Jordan made those teams what they were. No disrespect to the other great players he played with like Scottie and Dennis, but let's be real: No one can compare with Jordan's playoff resume.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Collie
    Yeah it's a stupid premise since Parish was like 42 years old, and Gervin played 1 year (his final and by far his least productive) where MJ played EIGHTEEN games, and averaged 5 ppg in the playoffs.

They're counting phil jackson and tex winter. I've said this like 3 times now.

Jordan got off to a very slow start post season wise in the winning department.So i wouldn't say his "goat" playoff resume is in concrete.

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
    No I don't. Bill Walton was no where near HOF level in 1986, he was just a valuable role player off the bench who won 6MOY.
    ok, we will see next time a greatest of all time team thread comes up.

I said if we were going by NBA careers only Kukoc wouldn't touch the hall of fame, winning the 6MOY once and never making the all-star game won't get you in.
    your right..... I agree. All I said is kukoc will get in based on why sabonis got in. Your the one that tried to argue it.

Arguably the greatest college basketball player of all-time doesn't deserve to be in the Hall of Fame? You're an idiot.
    If were talking about nba accomplishments then no I don't believe walton belongs in the hall. But basketball career? Oh yeah..... he belongs.
    I also do think kukoc would've made multiple all-star games had he been in a different situation. But eother way, kukoc will get in based on him being one of the greatest european players ever.

How does my Dirk taste creepingdeath's Avatar

Would someone just post a picture of that compulsive liar OP so we can end this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Butters
    Jordan got off to a very slow start post season wise in the winning department.So i wouldn't say his "goat" playoff resume is in concrete.
    I'm actually on both sides of this argument.

Jordan never had the teams good enough to win when he first entered the league. That's. Really not his fault

But there's also the implication that a lot of the bulls championship contributions were minimal. And that jordan won on his own that also is wrong.

Bricking Jumpers

It's not really an agenda if you consider him the GOAT. And on paper, his Bulls were less stacked than the teams of the players mentioned above. Relative to the league? No doubt the most stacked, especially if we are talking 1996-1998. And he was without a doubt the best player on those teams, so I don't really see a problem or anything to be ashamed of. The actual problem is when people want to pretend he won six championships with casts comparable to '94 Olajuwon or '03 Duncan. That may seem preposterous to you, maybe you believe it, but it's definitely as much a rampant train of thought as anything else.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Collie

It's the same thing people do and have been doing to Bill Russell for years. All they spew out is, "Russell's teams were loaded with all of those hall of famers. That's why they won all of those titles." They ignore the fact that two of his hall of fame teammates, K.C. Jones and Frank Ramsey were never all stars or all NBA anything when they played. They ignore the fact that "hall of famer", Clyde Lovellete, joined Russell's Celtics at the end of his career playing a ca. '97 Robert Parish role, barely averaging 6ppg. Sam Jones didn't even start getting 20 mpg in the playoffs until his 4th season. Russell had already won 3 titles by then. What is also left out is the fact that a few of Russell's hof teammates were inducted 15-20 years after they retired, which shows that they were far from "first ballot".
    Last edited by jlip; 08-15-2011 at 01:46 PM.

You always need good talent to win, always been the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Butters
    How many playoff series has Jordan played? 32+?

He never ever lost a series with a higher seed, and he is 6-0 in the finals. No one comes close to Jordan in terms of playoffs resume, at least no one other than Bill Russell.