Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567
    YouGotServed
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Default Re: Detroit and Houston - Before & After Josh Smith

It was refreshing to see Rondo suck against Houston last night. To make matters worse Josh Smith had perhaps his best game as a Rocket. Huge 3s, clutch blocks, key rebounds, just an all around great performance.

Morey and Houston. stay winning.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by YouGotServed
    It was refreshing to see Rondo suck against Houston last night. To make matters worse Josh Smith had perhaps his best game as a Rocket. Huge 3s, clutch blocks, key rebounds, just an all around great performance.

Morey and Houston. stay winning.
    [COLOR="Black"]Fuc[/COLOR]king stop it!

Don't you see these people have suffered enough? Their tears can fill a river and they can't hold anymore Ls.

I may have to start reporting you for bullying if you keep making Mavs fans cut their wrists, again.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    12-7 since acquiring Smith.

But they've won 9 of their last 12, beating Dallas, Oklahoma City, Phoenix, and Cleveland in that stretch.

Like I said boys, give him time to find his place. Give him time to fit in, and get in the rhythm, and he will be a great pick up.

3-4 in the first seven games after Smith, 9-3 since then. Last four games, he's been playing especially well.

Last 4:

12 ppg, 4 rpg, 2 apg, 2 bpg, shooting 55% from the field, and 55% from deep (6-11)

During the 9-3 stretch:

10.6 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 2.3 apg, 46% from the floor, 37% from deep, in 23 minutes per.
    Oh my goodness. Just looked up his line from last night. 4-5 from deep. I would question whether he's ever had a shooting night like that from the arc in his life.

Very difficult for me to talk about Smith now without coming across like I'm trying to belittle the Rockets. I do not mean to come across like that - I don't really have an issue with Houston at all.

But with Smith being one of the most negative on-court players with a significant role I've ever seen, I can't help but watch his play with interest. Even when I see him do well, my first instinct is to say, "Don't get fooled by this, Houston fans! It'll never last! He's an awful shooter!"

Tough to deduce too much from his recent stats without having watched though. I'd presume he was waiting for better looks around the hoop, resulting in the boost in field goal percentage, but then his 5 pulls from deep may suggest otherwise.