Christian Leattner
    Glenn Robinson
    Joe Johnson
    Josh Smith
    Mike Bibby
    Marvin Williams
    Josh Childress (fell out of the league)
    Theo Ratliff

Terry is the only one that went on to have a really good career after leaving here.

Crawford has done ok also I guess.

I kinda miss Terry's Atlanta years. He lowkey had major hops in his early 20s. He used to catch alleys on the regular when he played for the Hawks.

College superstar

Default Re: Detroit and Houston - Before & After Josh Smith

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatethunder
    Stacey Augmon belongs on that list. Somewhere near the top.

Not really Stacy Augmon had some solid role playing years on the Blazers. His numbers were down, but he used to fit a certain role on that team off the bench whenever Scottie Pippen and Bonzi Wells needed some rest.

Quote Originally Posted by MiseryCityTexas
    I kinda miss Terry's Atlanta years. He lowkey had major hops in his early 20s. He used to catch alleys on the regular when he played for the Hawks.
    Shareef and Jet years, just looked at their roster from the early 2000s. WOW.

Alan Henderson was a staple. Ira Newble, Dan Dickau. I remember Sheed Wallace played for them one game. When they got Antoine Walker they thought they had turned the corner.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    Shareef and Jet years, just looked at their roster from the early 2000s. WOW.

Alan Henderson was a staple. Ira Newble, Dan Dickau. I remember Sheed Wallace played for them one game. When they got Antoine Walker they thought they had turned the corner.
    I remember JR Rider was on that team for a couple of games, but the weed washed him up like Jay-Z said, and became a lazy bum. I remember even Kurt Angle shitted on his questionable work ethic on an episode of WWE Smackdown.

I remember JR Rider was on that team for a couple of games, but the weed washed him up like Jay-Z said, and became a lazy bum. I remember even Kurt Angle shitted on his questionable work ethic on an episode of WWE Smackdown.
    I remember comedian Alex Thomas said one day he was chilling with JR Rider (probably both getting high.) He was going through the TV stations and seen his team playing. I think he was with the Lakers at that time, lol.

Alex said "nigha, you know you got a game tonight?"

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

Not really Stacy Augmon had some solid role playing years on the Blazers. His numbers were down, but he used to fit a certain role on that team off the bench whenever Scottie Pippen and Bonzi Wells needed some rest.
    Well being one of "the guys" on a team to being a role player is falling off. The guy was averaging 14ppg in atlanta and never averaged even 6pts in portland. I don't know what games you were watching. One year he averaged 11 min a game. He was the 9th pick in the draft. He was much better in Atlanta than in portland.

If he would ever learn not to take any shots outside the paint, he'd be an OK player. [COLOR="White"]but he won't[/COLOR]

Made that high school varsity squad

Quote Originally Posted by el_locoteee
    I was against this trade, but now that is done the best place for Smith is from the bench.

Good that we have an awful game to see if that make the coach place Smith in the bench, and once T-Jones is back they need to play him as little as possible.

Too bad Morey promise him a starting job.

But a big question is Howard, since his return his is been playing lazy, he lost a lot of athleticism and have been playing slow, like he is coasting, and Houston D have disappear.

If he is not healthy sit him, because he is hurting the team, the problem we let go Black the other Back up center we have.

And don't get to exited for Detroit they been playing garbage teams as of late.
    Actually, the problem with Howard is his lack of touches. He only touched the ball what, 8 or 9 times? That's a coaching issue.

And as long as u guys have McHale on the bench, that's a problem that will persist if your only strategy consist of Harden having to be a basketball God every game....

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Demitri98
    If he would ever learn not to take any shots outside the paint, he'd be an OK player. [COLOR="White"]but he won't[/COLOR]
    He did... For ONE YEAR and he shot over 50% from the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotlantadude81
    He did... For ONE YEAR and he shot over 50% from the field.
    Was it a contract year?

i bet you howard had a big part of smoove coming to houston. they are buds. i wish he could develop a bball iq

Quote Originally Posted by themurph
    Actually, the problem with Howard is his lack of touches. He only touched the ball what, 8 or 9 times? That's a coaching issue.

And as long as u guys have McHale on the bench, that's a problem that will persist if your only strategy consist of Harden having to be a basketball God every game....
    His lack of touches is his own doing. He has been very lethargic since returning and has slowed down the Rockets ball movement. Also he is getting touches but can't convert bc of turnovers.

Playing like django unchained

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    Was it a contract year?
    No, he mentioned that he made a bet with a friend that he wouldn't take a bunch of 3pt shots.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...smithjo03.html

That was also the year the Hawks won 53 games and Crawford won 6th man of the year.

His WS was 9.3. A career high by far.
    Last edited by Hotlantadude81; 01-03-2015 at 03:10 PM.