Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Assassin's creed 3

IGN gave the game an 8.5

Welcome to LA S. Nash! rhythmic 's Avatar

Yeah the reviews aren't overly impressive, don't think I've seen a single perfect score yet.

Metacritic is showing an average of 87...
    Thought it would get way higher scores.

[QUOTE=rhythmic

I think people are miffed because you aren't Connor at the start.(personally I'm enjoying this) Really the only other "flaw" in the game so far for me is that the menus are designed worse. I preferred the brotherhood/revelations layout more.

I never put much stock in game reviews. Metacritic might be a better indicator but I'm def gonna wait to play it. not like mid to high 80s is considered disappointing anyway.

I dont put stock in game reviews either. But Assasins Creed to me has never been a game worth $60. $40 is ideal. You arent going to play thru the story more than once unless achievements were missed and cant be achieved without a 2nd play thru. Multiplayer is fun tho but nothing that gets you addicted enough to play daily like a sports game or fps.

I've played the AC series and enjoy them. Just gonna wait til price drops/sale.

I couldnt care less about reviews. Doesnt affect if I buy or not.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    I dont put stock in game reviews either. But Assasins Creed to me has never been a game worth $60. $40 is ideal. You arent going to play thru the story more than once unless achievements were missed and cant be achieved without a 2nd play thru. Multiplayer is fun tho but nothing that gets you addicted enough to play daily like a sports game or fps.

I actually get a shitload of replay value out of AC games. Lots of stuff to do (I hate the MP btw). That's just me though.

Anyway, huge twist at the end of sequence 3. Didn't see that coming.

the scores on these gaming sites shouldnt be taken too seriously. there are many games ive played that werent rated well but i thoroughly enjoyed and vice versa.

dont have any games worth trading for this one just yet though. i prefer not to shell out big bucks for a game that i just want to know how it ends loll

i'm about 5/6 hours in. Much better than last year's game.

Gobb, look for the best buy: buy 2 get 1 free coming soon, i'm sure you are getting 1 of the big shooters so there is your discount.

Welcome to LA S. Nash! rhythmic 's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB

I do but only metacritics and gamereviews.com
    I went with my gut a few times, despite the reviews being really poor and thoroughly did not enjoy the game. If the game fits your preference and the score is high, it's a great indication that you will enjoy the game.

I remember so many of my friends encouraging me to pick up Mafia II for PS3, the reviews were pretty bad but I got it anyways. Although the game was fun, the score it got reflects its quality. It's a sandbox game with a really dead environment and very little re-playability. The story was done well, but it was no where near as good as my friends claimed it was.

So I do tend to trust the accumulated scores critics give games. I just never trust one particular site.

Dont H8 the Laker H8er glidedrxlr22's Avatar

[QUOTE=rhythmic

Played for a few hours yesterday and I'm loving it. Great set-up for the story and the freerunning in the wilderness is very cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    Played for a few hours yesterday and I'm loving it. Great set-up for the story and the freerunning in the wilderness is very cool.
    I was amazed at how well they did that. Running through the trees, just feels natural, I was worried about those controls. And how they'd have to change them.

Honestly the game has been really good so far. Maybe not as good as previous ones, but by no means a let down in anyway shape or form.

I'm not as comfortable with the combat as I was with previous games, but I'm hoping it'll feel more fluid as I play more. I really miss having R1 as an option for countering.

Completely agree with what others are saying though, it has a very natural feel to it. I just wish I didn't see all the bugs where either I or the AI gets stuck and have to start over from last checkpoint. I loved the use of the snowstorm for cover. Felt very Splinter Cell like in the mission where you eavesdrop on Washington.

I'm a few hours in and am at the Expedition mission where you're working with the Natives to take the general out in Sequence 3.

Yeah combat is a bit more difficult but I kinda like it because the controls were way too easy in the other games.

I think it has the potential to be the best or 2nd best game in the series.