Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-31-2007, 04:48 AM   #16
GMATCallahan
High school junior varsity star

GMATCallahan has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Questions for GMAT and Glove_20 But Moreso For GMAT Because it is More Apropos to

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalkmaze
Quantity does not equal quality... It's better to summarize the info and put it in one's own words, while selectively picking a few important quotes to support personal opinion.

That's what I do in my own posts. I'll also post a few articles because some people might like to read them.
GMATCallahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 04:52 AM   #17
GMATCallahan

Default Re: Questions for GMAT and Glove_20 But Moreso For GMAT Because it is More Apropos to

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGofTHEcourt
Right. So he just posts the link to where he gets all his crap from, at the end of each post, for no reason at all :rollingeyes:. Unless he wrote that stuff, half the stuff he posts comes from the same site.

LOL, of course I write it (unless it's a full article that I'm posting to give people a broader context and something to read). I then give a link to show that I'm not just making up my information, but that it's credible and that I then synthesize it.

Either you're jealous or don't have much of an academic background. If you try to write something in the real world and don't cite any sources, then you'll have no credibility and might be sued.
Old 07-31-2007, 04:56 AM   #18
GMATCallahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGofTHEcourt
All the stats and stuff can all be found on the same website. Sure he may be obsessed with KJ, but half his arguements about KJ consist of:
-3 articles where Tom Chambers and some other guy glorify KJ.
-Stats that can be easily found
-Articles about why KJ was great by random sportscasters

Those can all be looked up on basketballreference.com

No, only the stats, and you still have to add them up yourself for different contexts. There was no article about the field goal percentages of Andrew Lang and Tim Perry with and without K.J., you have to go and do the research yourself. Are you blaming me for not being the official scorekeeper at the games?

And actually, not all the stats are available at basketball-reference, and if you took the trouble to really read my posts, you'd find that my sources are often multitudinous. However, I do try to provide periodic links when I can, for the sake of credibility.

Last edited by GMATCallahan : 07-31-2007 at 06:06 AM.
Old 07-31-2007, 04:58 AM   #19
GMATCallahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
Some people just talk about one guy so much they basically become living archives of the same information they adjust a little each time its needed. Idoubt hes had to think of anything new about Kevin Johnson in a long time. Like Glove. He doesnt actually have to think about anything Payton related. Or Loki and Jordan. AAP and Knoe with Kobe. Fabawhatever and Dirk. When you devote so much time and effort on one player you can basically stop thinking and repeat yourself hundreds of times. Long as its in a different order and slightly reworded the same info can last for years.

Granted, a reservoir of knowledge builds up over time. However, I do feel that I'm constantly learning new details and gleaning a keener perspective.

Besides, my knowledge is hardly limited to K.J., even if he's my favorite subject.

Last edited by GMATCallahan : 07-31-2007 at 05:30 AM.
Old 07-31-2007, 05:03 AM   #20
GMATCallahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glove_20
Yeah, I don't nearly have as much information as GMAT does. And I don't have anything saved either, all of the links and everything I post, come from memory. Not memory as in what I post, but memory as in where the link was before.

And trust me, GMAT does know his stuff. KINGoftheCourt I don't know why you are talking, you have never even debated with him, you probably just quickly look at the post and the link and go on.

In the last page, yeah, it was all just articles, but he wasn't debating with anyone. When he is responding to someone, he will use all his own words, and his own opinion. And if he uses any statistical reference to what he said, he will provide a link with it. Its just to be more credible. Or even if he says an opinion, he'll post someone else that also has the same opinion.

Thats exactly what he does. Except sometimes he posts the whole article and bolds the important quotes.

But yeah KINGoftheCOURT, try arguing with him, or see when he responds to someone, he first talks, and then supports his opinion to be more credible.

Thanks, "Glove," and you're exactly right. I guess that it's too much of a culture shock for some given the usual level of discourse on a message board ... ;)

And I still have to give a lot of credit to Kblaze for posting a fine video.
Old 07-31-2007, 05:47 AM   #21
JtotheIzzo
Admlnlstrator

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMATCallahan
No, I wish that I did, because it would make it easier. However, I'm not that computer or technology-savvy, so I just have to go through everything manually.

I have a couple sites bookmarked, but not much.

There are some web sites where you can run some comparisons, but it's not all laid out for you.

No, I wish that I did, ,see above.

If I'd been a computer science major, that would have helped. However, I fell onto the humanities side of the spectrum.

I never took it. I did take the GRE, but I forget my score.

thanks.
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: