Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: The Strain on FX

That commander of vampire special forces was pretty badass, reminded me of Nomak from Blade 2. Was funny the way he kindly handled the kids then seconds later headshot the nurse like nothing.

Love Live Life

I'm glad there's other "people" helping fight the vamps. I wonder how they feed and if the old man knows about them.

Did anyone else stick with this through the whole season? I did and I must say I'm very disappointed. It's like a train wreck.. you don't want to watch but you can't look away. So many stupid decisions on the characters' part. TERRIBLE acting. The plot makes no sense at times.

The only thing I'm still intrigued by is the vampire civil war and The Ancients they introduced in the last episode. I could not care less about Eph and his kid; season 2 would be better off without them.

FX's other new show, The Tyrant, was 100x better.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsMillerTime
    Did anyone else stick with this through the whole season? I did and I must say I'm very disappointed. It's like a train wreck.. you don't want to watch but you can't look away. So many stupid decisions on the characters' part. TERRIBLE acting. The plot makes no sense at times.

The only thing I'm still intrigued by is the vampire civil war and The Ancients they introduced in the last episode. I could not care less about Eph and his kid; season 2 would be better off without them.

FX's other new show, The Tyrant, was 100x better.

agree with all this. i want to stop watching but can't help myself because i want to know more about the mythology and vampire politics. these are some of the dumbest protagonists i have ever witnessed, even worse than the idiots on the walking dead. eph's son makes me long for the days when carl would just wander around and getting into shit with zombies. ugh

It started out so promising... then feels like a wasted season. Not good when it's your first.

The master can carry a heavy coffin in a milli second but look like such a btch against a bunch of weak humans?

I hate everyone in the group except Kevin Durand. The stupid kid makes me miss Carl from TWD.

I like the Mexican guy because he comes from the hood but he's a bad actor lol

I also like the civil war thing, that'll be the main reason I'll keep watching.

Local High School Star Inactive's Avatar

I think I'm in agreement with the general consensus. I like the idea of the show, and I want to know more about the world it takes place in; it's history, the nature of the different factions, etc., but the execution is horrible.

The writing is terrible; the story is too implausible for me to suspend my disbelief, the dialogue isn't good, they have people behave in ridiculous, unbelievable ways, and the capabilities of the vampires are wildly inconsistent. For instance, the master can move faster than the eye can see, and is extraordinarily strong, until he's confronted by the main characters; then he's just big, and dumb.

Most of the characters are annoying. The child actor is especially terrible. I don't mind the lead, the German, the Argentine woman, or the old man. I'm annoyed by the Ukrainian, the hacker girl, the wife, the alzheimers mother, the Mexican (his storyline looks like it will become interesting, but I don't like the way the character is written), and most of the other characters.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

I think we all did a loud "hurrah" when the grandma was killed. No one has time for a senile, chain-smoking old ass bitch.

Banned

I don't know honestly. I like it and enjoy but part of me thinks it may just be because of the lack of shows like this. The writing and effects can't decide on what they want to be which is a problem. One minute it is embracing the fact it's a bit low budget/cheesy/campy then the next it's trying to be serious. If they just embraced the cheesiness i think it would have turned out a lot better. Some of the mexican guys lines would have seemed far less cringe worthy if they weren't delivered as if they were serious for instance. Just would be easier to put aside any of the insane/implausible things happening if it was known that this is trying to be in the b type cheese vein rather than the flat out serious world it seems to want to inhabit at times.

The finale was a big let down though, really just a bridge episode to next season without really resolving or adding much of anything.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Inactive
    I think I'm in agreement with the general consensus. I like the idea of the show, and I want to know more about the world it takes place in; it's history, the nature of the different factions, etc., but the execution is horrible.

The writing is terrible; the story is too implausible for me to suspend my disbelief, the dialogue isn't good, they have people behave in ridiculous, unbelievable ways, and the capabilities of the vampires are wildly inconsistent. For instance, the master can move faster than the eye can see, and is extraordinarily strong, until he's confronted by the main characters; then he's just big, and dumb.

Most of the characters are annoying. The child actor is especially terrible. I don't mind the lead, the German, the Argentine woman, or the old man. I'm annoyed by the Ukrainian, the hacker girl, the wife, the alzheimers mother, the Mexican (his storyline looks like it will become interesting, but I don't like the way the character is written), and most of the other characters.
    I think this line says a lot about the show too, the only characters I can name as Eph, Satratkian (spelling?) and the master. I also call them hacker girl, mexican, alzheimers like you just did lol. It think maybe the german is also called Einhorn or something. But really this show doesn't have a large cast yet it still fails to write characters in a way that they are memorable people with back stories. Compare that to something well written like Oz, the wire, deadwood or game of thrones and I can name most characters in a series with way more lead characters and stories going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    I think we all did a loud "hurrah" when the grandma was killed. No one has time for a senile, chain-smoking old ass bitch.
    hell yeah. she was so damn annoying. about as useful as having a crying, hungry baby around during the zombie apocalypse.

outbreak I don't know honestly. I like it and enjoy but part of me thinks it may just be because of the lack of shows like this.
    there's actually alot of genre shows on tv right now, recently ended, or coming soon.
    helix, sleepy hollow, penny dreadful, the originals, vampire chronicles, hemlock grove, american horror story, supernatural, walking dead, constantine, true blood, z nation, dracula...

and that's just the horror/supernatural genre off the top of my head. you also have all the sci-fi, fantasy and super hero shows as well.

Love Live Life

I'll admit the shows has it's flaws but I'm really liking it. They really need to do a back story on the vamps.

Quote Originally Posted by TheReal Kendall
    I'll admit the shows has it's flaws but I'm really liking it. They really need to do a back story on the vamps.

yeah i dont care about the old man flashbacks, i wanna see some vampire civil war flashbacks.

Love Live Life

Quote Originally Posted by rezznor
    yeah i dont care about the old man flashbacks, i wanna see some vampire civil war flashbacks.
    They obviously have some kinda code among them. I wanna know where their race come from and how they stayed hidden for so long.

Really don't wanna read the book but I hate not knowing stuff.

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

For some reason I find Nora insanely hot, like I know there's way better on tv shows/in general but there's just something about her when she dies I will probably stop watching.