Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: How does Durant losing this year affect his legacy?

Quote Originally Posted by Solefade
    lebron gets shitted on all the time for losing 2007 finals when he was 23 when really it should be regarded as a huge over-achieving accomplishment

we gotta stay consistent doe
    It depends on who you are listening to, rational fans don't hold that against him.

Quote Originally Posted by Illuminati
    If he loses another series where they are the favorites, he can't crack top 10 all-time.
    So I guess that means LeBron can't be top 10 all-time since he lost playoff series in 2009, 2010, and 2011 as the favorite.

And besides last year's loss to the Grizzlies, which you could really argue it was a toss-up once Westbrook got hurt, when has Durant lost a playoff series as the favorite?

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    I find it funny he gets no backlash for losing against the Heat in 2012 despite being betting favorites, and favorites among the media.
    Not his fault James Harden decided to play like ass.

Love how insecure lebran fans are right now because their favorite player is in decline.

The hypocrisy is that people bash LeBron for losing series when he was young, but for some reason Durant gets a pass. Like Plowking said, people go against their own standards and beliefs just to bash LeBron.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DaSeba5
    The hypocrisy is that people bash LeBron for losing series when he was young, but for some reason Durant gets a pass. Like Plowking said, people go against their own standards and beliefs just to bash LeBron.
    I don't the only real finals loss that you can hold him accountable for is 2011, he wet the bed there, plain and simple, as for 2007, nobody rational will use that

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    So I guess that means LeBron can't be top 10 all-time since he lost playoff series in 2009, 2010, and 2011 as the favorite.

And besides last year's loss to the Grizzlies, which you could really argue it was a toss-up once Westbrook got hurt, when has Durant lost a playoff series as the favorite?

2012 finals? lol

And I never understood why OKC was hands down the favorites in 2012. I get that they beat a really hot Spurs team but part of that was OKC being about the worst possible match-up for the Spurs and everyone going beserk the last four games of the series. It's almost like everyone sorta forgot Bosh was hurt most of the Boston and Indiana series, and instead, decided to focus on the Heat struggling with those teams instead of acknowledging that, if Bosh was good to go, they should be back to being the best team in the NBA as most regarded them in the regular season until the Spurs went off the last month or so. And it was pretty apparent Bosh was going to be 100% for the Finals when he went for 19 and 8 in game 7 against the Celtics.

Not saying OKC shouldn't have put up a better fight (although all but one of their losses could've gone either way), but you had a young team on the best stage for the first time against a veteran laden team who was back to being the team (with Bosh back and healthy) most considered the odds on favorites to win it all most of the season.

All Through Your Body Illuminati's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KG215

LeBron was only the favorites in 2009 against Orlando, in all his years in Cleveland. LeBron was never the favorites to win against Boston, shits a myth.

And I noticed after I posted, I meant to say lose as the favorites in the Finals. LeBron only lost once as favorites in 2011, Durant lost in 2012 and if he loses again, then he can't crack top 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Black and White
    I don't the only real finals loss that you can hold him accountable for is 2011, he wet the bed there, plain and simple, as for 2007, nobody rational will use that
    I agree with you, but they do. People always use 2007 against him. Even people who are usually rational, go against their own beliefs just to bash him. People seem to forget that it's a team sport and that making the Finals alone is an accomplishment.

Quote Originally Posted by Black and White

tell that to every goddamn kobetard on ISH then lol

3-time NBA All-Star

2007 seems to be a big chip on lebron's resume according to a lot of people on here and he wasn't even favored to win.

if lebron was getting criticized when he was young then it's only fair we criticize KD too unless we're just simply agreeing that lebron >>>>> KD

its not about that but more like LeBron getting exposed against elite teams. He cant score. Hes just lucky hes in the east with no 50+ win teams. Durant has proven he can produce against the best. So stop comparing LeBron to a wilt clone whose skills are getting exposd come playoff time

LeBron was only the favorites in 2009 against Orlando, in all his years in Cleveland. LeBron was never the favorites to win against Boston, shits a myth.

And I noticed after I posted, I meant to say lose as the favorites in the Finals. LeBron only lost once as favorites in 2011, Durant lost in 2012 and if he loses again, then he can't crack top 10.
    If you're going to play that card, then I can use the "shits a myth" excuse for Durant in 2012 since you have a more experienced, playoff tested team in Miami against an OKC team full of 22 and 23 year olds carrying them getting their first taste of the Finals. Same basic principle.

tell that to every goddamn kobetard on ISH then lol
    That's on you for thinking the "kobetards" are rational in the first place.

to be fair, he'd have to outperform EVERYBODY on his own team and opposing team significantly to get a pass on that

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DaSeba5
    I agree with you, but they do. People always use 2007 against him. Even people who are usually rational, go against their own beliefs just to bash him. People seem to forget that it's a team sport and that making the Finals alone is an accomplishment.
    Its a weird double standard in that case, but just ignore them, 2007 does nothing, if anything its a positive that he was able to make it that far.