Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Arrow Grinder's 2015 Mock Draft

I went through and did some player comparisons before realizing it was an exercise in futility. People always take issues with a player comparisons so I
    Last edited by Grinder; 06-25-2015 at 07:18 PM.

Default Re: Grinder's 2015 Mock Draft

I have no idea how all those asterisks were placed in that post. I typed it up in Word and pasted it in here.

I can't imagine Philly would pass on a guard (Russell) and draft ANOTHER big man, but, stranger things have happened.

I also think you have Dekker, and especially Tyus Jones waaaay to high.

48 hours and we'll know for sure.

Cali Love

Hope Okafor pans out if we pick him. Still have some serious question marks about the guy he looks slow and Kaminsky was locking him up during the NCAA finals so I got the feelin' he's soft too. Those are bad attributes going in to the pros. Hopefully I'm wrong and he becomes a beast.

btw don't see RJH getting drafted that high and Kaminsky is going top 15.

I doubt Dekker goes that high. Especially above Hezonja who literally does everything he does but better.

Quote Originally Posted by brownmamba00
    Hope Okafor pans out if we pick him. Still have some serious question marks about the guy he looks slow and Kaminsky was locking him up during the NCAA finals so I got the feelin' he's soft too. Those are bad attributes going in to the pros. Hopefully I'm wrong and he becomes a beast.

btw don't see RJH getting drafted that high and Kaminsky is going top 15.
    I think Okafor just needs to get with a trainer and work out.

His talent on the low block is undeniable.

If he will commit to playing somewhat of a defense (similar to Harden's commitment to defense this season) then he could be a star in this league.

How good is WCS and what are his strengths/weaknesses?

Cali Love

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    I think Okafor just needs to get with a trainer and work out.

His talent on the low block is undeniable.

If he will commit to playing somewhat of a defense (similar to Harden's commitment to defense this season) then he could be a star in this league.
    yeah I agree his hands and IQ in the low post could be special but the guy looked so ineffective and slow on defense everytime I watched him that I don't think he'll ever become an effective rim protector which brings up the question how good of a fit will he be next to Randle in the frontcourt?

Still have my fingers crossed for Russell but I won't be too disappointed if they do eventually draft Oak.

Quote Originally Posted by brownmamba00
    yeah I agree his hands and IQ in the low post could be special but the guy looked so ineffective and slow on defense everytime I watched him that I don't think he'll ever become an effective rim protector which brings up the question how good of a fit will he be next to Randle in the frontcourt?

Still have my fingers crossed for Russell but I won't be too disappointed if they do eventually draft Oak.
    If Okafor is drafted, Randle will surely be gone at some point.

I don't see any way they can play together.

Banned

Hezonja is now way falling to nine, I wish he fell to the Jazz but now way he is going past 6, maybe 7.

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder
    I have no idea how all those asterisks were placed in that post. I typed it up in Word and pasted it in here.
    Grinder I think that you're awesome and know your shit but I don't think that there is any chance in hell that the Sixers take Porzingis. A long time ago Brett Brown had said that there was a clear cut best player in the draft and I think that they meant Russell. They certainly didn't mean Porzingis and I can't really see Hinkie taking Porzingis unless he's flipping him for someone else.

I have a feeling we're going with Krystaps.

There's a report out today that the 76ers are looking to get another 1st rounder in the early 20s to mid teens. If true, this may be used to get Jerian Grant as our PG. A core of Noel and Porzingis, and then later on Saric ain't bad at all.

This is assuming the worst with Embiid, even if I think he'll be okay.(he's been seen out partying in the Philly area and telling people to chill and that he'll be okay come game 1 of the regular season).

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.J4ever
    I have a feeling we're going with Krystaps.

There's a report out today that the 76ers are looking to get another 1st rounder in the early 20s to mid teens. If true, this may be used to get Jerian Grant as our PG. A core of Noel and Porzingis, and then later on Saric ain't bad at all.

This is assuming the worst with Embiid, even if I think he'll be okay.(he's been seen out partying in the Philly area and telling people to chill and that he'll be okay come game 1 of the regular season).
    I don't think that there's any way that Hinkie drafts Porzingis. I don't think that he'd draft Grant either. I'm not sure that Saric will ever play here at this point. He could be traded before he ever plays here.

Edit: I don't care if he drafts Porzingis or Grant I just don't think that he will.
    Last edited by chocolatethunder; 06-24-2015 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatethunder
    I don't think that there's any way that Hinkie drafts Porzingis. I don't think that he'd draft Grant either. I'm not sure that Saric will ever play here at this point. He could be traded before he ever plays here.

Edit: I don't care if he drafts Porzingis or Grant I just don't think that he will.
    Just a feeling. Don't really know.

You're not intrigued by Porzingis? If you are right and Embiid is really hurt, I would like us to swing more for the fences and go for the highest possible upside, and Krystaps is it.

Getting Russel to me at 3 would indicate all is well among our bigs.

alternick = loser :D veilside23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.J4ever
    Just a feeling. Don't really know.

You're not intrigued by Porzingis? If you are right and Embiid is really hurt, I would like us to swing more for the fences and go for the highest possible upside, and Krystaps is it.

Getting Russel to me at 3 would indicate all is well among our bigs.

Right . that could be an indication.

Porzingis isnt a bad pick up @ the 3. I think he would really benefit playing alongside Noel.

If Embiid is healthy i don't see any reason for philly not to take Porzingis.

Regarding the mock draft @ Grinder.

I like the bobby portis prediction i think he would pan out great there. Dude's attitude and love for the game is insane that i think he would really work hard to get better.