Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Local High School Star

Default Re: Utah Jazz are positioned for greatness if they play their cards right.

If I were Wiggin and looking to join a young talented core with the most potential upside, I'd go with Orlando.

Default Re: Utah Jazz are positioned for greatness if they play their cards right.

Quote Originally Posted by DuMa
    no team is headed for greatness with Ty Corbin coaching them
    exactly, he must go!

Quote Originally Posted by statman32
    The best player will be a wing. If you don't think Burke, Favors, and Kanter are good pieces, I don't know what to tell you. These other young teams would kill to have those guys.
    Well he has the huge disadvantage of watching them every game and being realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by el gringos
    Well he has the huge disadvantage of watching them every game and being realistic.
    Weird, guess I also haven't been watching them. Let's downgrade the young guys for struggling to play with Lucas and Tinsley. I guess Burke isn't "good" because he fractured his finger.

A point guard is very important in the NBA today. Having FA starting point guards is going to be brutal for any team, especially a young one.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by greymatter
    If I were Wiggin and looking to join a young talented core with the most potential upside, I'd go with Orlando.
    like he has a say in where he goes

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman
    like he has a say in where he goes
    No shit Sherlock.

But you never know. He could pull a Kobe and bitch about not wanting to be drafted by a specific franchise while letting them know he's definitely gone after 3 years. SLC isn't all that impressive a city and once you get out of its city limits, you're in 90% Mormonville.

Banned

No shit Sherlock.

But you never know. He could pull a Kobe and bitch about not wanting to be drafted by a specific franchise while letting them know he's definitely gone after 3 years. SLC isn't all that impressive a city and once you get out of its city limits, you're in 90% Mormonville.
    you are right

it's not like all time great hall of famers have played there or nothing...

Local High School Star

you are right

Malone is a country boy who loves the great outdoors. Stockton is a homebody "family values" type of Christian who was never into fancy nightlife or typical big city comforts. They were very atypical.

Rodman wasn't the only guy to ever say, "you go fcuking play in Utah".

Banned

Malone is a country boy who loves the great outdoors. Stockton is a homebody "family values" type of Christian who was never into fancy nightlife or typical big city comforts. They were very atypical.

Rodman wasn't the only guy to ever say, "you go fcuking play in Utah".
    Wiggins and Parker are down to Earth and Wiggins especially has admitted that he does not particularly enjoy the spotlight.

So Utah seems like a perfect fit.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by statman32
    The best player will be a wing. If you don't think Burke, Favors, and Kanter are good pieces, I don't know what to tell you. These other young teams would kill to have those guys.
    Remains to be seen rather they will be good pieces. They have a lot to prove yet especially Burke who no one other than the Jazz killed to get as he dropped down the draft list. Already people that think the best player won't be a wing. Jazz could draft 4th even with the worst record.

I guess Burke isn't "good" because he fractured his finger.
    To me he's not good until he actually shows something which he hasn't other than in a watered down NCAA.

A point guard is very important in the NBA today. Having FA starting point guards is going to be brutal for any team, especially a young one.
    It is. They might have to take Smart for that very reason.

SLC isn't all that impressive a city
    Depends on what you are looking for. If you want a big city it's probably not for you. You want a small beautiful city surrounded by mountains it might be.

If you're the Jazz, you have to take the mormon.

you are right

Wiggins and Parker are down to Earth and Wiggins especially has admitted that he does not particularly enjoy the spotlight.

So Utah seems like a perfect fit.
    Utah hasn't made it to the playoffs 25 out of the last 30 years by drafting and playing nothing but scrubs

Of course everyone wants to play in LA, Miami, Chicago, New York...but guess what there are 25+ other teams out there and they are making it..

Salt Lake City isn't any worse than Oklahoma City...at least you don't have to go outside playing with Tornadoes...

Been to Memphis?

They live on a plane and in hotels half the year anyway...its not that serious!

Local High School Star joshwake's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FireDavidKahn
    If you're the Jazz, you have to take the mormon.
    I wonder how many people here even know Parker is mormon.

and after living in Phoenix for a year I am counting the days till I can get back to Utah. SLC is one of the most misunderstood and underrated cities in the US. There is plenty of nightlife if that's your thing and an absolute dream if you ever actually get off your ass and go outside.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Callystarr
    Utah hasn't made it to the playoffs 25 out of the last 30 years by drafting and playing nothing but scrubs

Of course everyone wants to play in LA, Miami, Chicago, New York...but guess what there are 25+ other teams out there and they are making it..

Salt Lake City isn't any worse than Oklahoma City...at least you don't have to go outside playing with Tornadoes...

Been to Memphis?

They live on a plane and in hotels half the year anyway...its not that serious!
    Better than OKC or anywhere in the middle of the country. Need mountains and or ocean at the very least.