Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

Default if the bulls replaced dennis rodman from 96-98 with k-love. do they win 3 straight?

...assuming the bulls take love out of the post and tell him to play a steve kerr role and just shoot kick out threes?

rodman and thompson even without taking a single shot can impact the game enough to make the difference between winning and losing in the playoffs

each offensive rebound thats converted into a field goal by anyone on the floor should be credited as 2 points towards their box score

rodman averaged 4.4 ORPG ( playoffs 96-98 )
    thompson averages 4.4 ORPG ( playoffs 2015 )

both tap rebounds to themselves farther from the net so they might put back 1 for themselves. then kick out the other 3

if the team scores... thats 6-9 more points on the board

thompsons average goes from 10ppg career ( playoffs ) up to 16-19ppg

theres a reason george karl said rodman was the reason chicago won in 1996.

its the same reason the cavs made the finals in 2015

and cleveland doesnt think its worth a max deal

Last edited by kennethgriffin; 08-11-2015 at 10:25 AM.

Default Re: if the bulls replaced dennis rodman from 06-08 with k-love. do they win 3 straight?

I don't want to take anything away from TT because he played as good of a series as you could ask him to play with a big uptick in minutes in the highest-stress situation a basketball player can be in.

That being said...the kid isn't worth $100 million just because he can rebound and has killer defensive aptitude. The Cavs lost the series because they couldn't score (among other things). TT doesn't help them even a little bit in that regard; the injured guy whose minutes he took does. He was an 8/8 guy in 26 minutes a night off the bench in the regular season and became a 10/10 guy in the playoffs with increased usage.

No, not paying that guy $100 million for intangibles and defense when the lack of offense is what cost my franchise a title. If its true that his agent told him to reject 5/$80 million...his agent needs a severe firing and possibly a beating.

rank sentamentalist

Default Re: if the bulls replaced dennis rodman from 06-08 with k-love. do they win 3 straight?

love grapped 4.5 oboards a game in minnasota...

on their projected contracts, i'd take both thompson and rodman over love. but there's no question who is better. presumably you mean 96-98, in which case yes, with kevin love the bulls still win. though they probably would have found somebody other than luc longley.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RidonKs
    love grapped 4.5 oboards a game in minnasota...

on their projected contracts, i'd take both thompson and rodman over love. but there's no question who is better. presumably you mean 96-98, in which case yes, with kevin love the bulls still win. though they probably would have found somebody other than luc longley.

he averaged 1.9 ORPG for the cavs this season

like i said... they turned him into steve kerr

and i said assuming the bulls give k.love the same role as the cavs

do the bulls still win 3 straight titles playing like that?

Kenneth is on fire lately.

He's back folks!

You thought he was washed up, but I told you haters Kenny had GOAT tier longevity!

I don't think so kenneth, they could but it wouldn't be as probable. The offense would be better for sure as Love would be another playmaking post option in the triangle. He couldn't be in the kickout and shoot Steve kerr role. We've been told too many times by the ultimate jordan security force that spacing didn't exist before lebron's era, nice try mj.

Bullshit aside the worst problem would be Love guarding Kemp, and Malone in the finals. Or better yet pitching in and guarding Shaq for stretches lol. That alone would be a serious blow to their title chances.

Oh and didn't you mean 96-98

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sdot_thadon
    I don't think so kenneth, they could but it wouldn't be as probable. The offense would be better for sure as Love would be another playmaking post option in the triangle. He couldn't be in the kickout and shoot Steve kerr role. We've been told too many times by the ultimate jordan security force that spacing didn't exist before lebron's era, nice try mj.

Bullshit aside the worst problem would be Love guarding Kemp, and Malone in the finals. Or better yet pitching in and guarding Shaq for stretches lol. That alone would be a serious blow to their title chances.

Oh and didn't you mean 96-98

duh

and youre correct. the bulls don't win jack shit

rodman was underpaid his whole career. and thompson will get his max contract somewhere else. then turn them into a contender a year later

rank sentamentalist

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    he averaged 1.9 ORPG for the cavs this season

like i said... they turned him into steve kerr

and i said assuming the bulls give k.love the same role as the cavs

do the bulls still win 3 straight titles playing like that?
    mj is mj doe

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RidonKs
    mj is mj doe

yes. but most people with true knowledge of the game will tell you rodman was the real difference maker in the 1996 nba finals

he dominated the sonics while mj had an off series

and in 97 and 98 karl malone was the better player

winning mvp in 97 and absolutely being robbed for mvp in 98 when malone averaged 27/10/4/53%fgs on a 62-20 team ... to jordans 28/6/3/46%fgs on a 62-20 team

the sonics win in 97 if the bulls dont have rodman.. the jazz repeat back to back if the bulls dont have rodman

winning mvp in 97 and absolutely being robbed for mvp in 98 when malone averaged 27/10/4/53%fgs on a 62-20 team ... to jordans 28/6/3/46%fgs on a 62-20 team

Pippen missed 35 games that year, and the Bulls still won 62. I'm guessing that had something to do with it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonyeuw
    Pippen missed 35 games that year, and the Bulls still won 62. I'm guessing that had something to do with it.

dwight missed a ton of games this year. they gave the mvp to curry

criteria? there is none. the media just gives it to the guy they like more

how many injuries did kobe and the lakers have to deal with in 2013?

meanwhile lebron coasts to the playoffs in the crap east

Im not even sure what OP is asking here... his formulation is so horrible

If it was down to who they liked more, how did Malone win in 97? If they liked MJ more in 97, shouldn't he have won it that year too?

Yes, MVP criteria is subjective. Nothing new under the sun....

NBA Superstar

Also clearly the best player int he game..

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonyeuw
    If it was down to who they liked more, how did Malone win in 97? If they liked MJ more in 97, shouldn't he have won it that year too?

Yes, MVP criteria is subjective. Nothing new under the sun....

the media gets bored of their own agendas sometimes

i think the media felt sorry for malone cause the bulls had an unfairly stacked roster and jordan just won mvp