Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Local High School Star

Default Re: Real Madrid - Boston Celtics Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    Rudy Fernandez and Jeff Taylor, basically their two best all-around overall players (Rudy is without any doubt at all by 100% their best player - and no matter what bullshit any NBATV announcer says that is a fact), were benched by coach's decision, and instead two high school sophomores were played.

STOP TROLLING.

Real never even ran a play until about the 40 minute mark of the game even.

They clearly had no attempt to win the game, which was a bit bizarre.
    Wait, is this the same Jeff Taylor who couldn't get a spot on the Hornets team? Or someone else

Quote Originally Posted by catch24
    Game footage says otherwise, and that isn't what Laso was referring to. I just read up on "quick hitter" and it has NOTHING to do with over-dribbling isolation.

They ran "quick hitter" from a 1-4 flex set.

But they weren't running plays though....

Every excuse in the book. Bet you even have ONE in the holster for '12 Nigeria and Greece lol

You're a joke dude. Every time the States beat up on Euro/international teams it was the "refs" or "they weren't trying hard".

Lame.
    Here is a jackass that actually thinks that is how Real Madrid normally plays, letting Jaycee Carroll for example, just dribble the ball around for 15 to 20 seconds, and then jack up a contested 25 footer, and that it's usual for an elite Euroleague team to play 16 year olds....

Quote Originally Posted by vix
    Spot on. Real was unrecognizable today. No coaching and no system too. Something strange in this team. A very disappointing and strange match. BTW this team is most likely to be the first entering a hipothetical european conference in the future, this is Mr Perez's obsession in last years....
    I won't put this kind of shenanigans on Silver, but on Stern. He was at the game in Milan. I don't know if he was at this game in Madrid. But he was at the game in Milan, and I saw him bitching and complaining about everything there, as usual, after the Nets lost to Fenerbahce.

Which of course brings up the question of, why is he even involved in any of this?

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    Here is a jackass that actually thinks that is how Real Madrid normally plays, letting Jaycee Carroll for example, just dribble the ball around for 15 to 20 seconds, and then jack up a contested 25 footer, and that it's usual for an elite Euroleague team to play 16 year olds....

Except you originally claimed they weren't running plays....

Turns out....they actually were

Whether that is how Madrid "normally plays" isn't a concern of mine. I couldn't care less.

The Celtics weren't exactly lighting it up either, and were missing some of their best players. They also played scrubs for most of the 4th.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by KembaWalker
    Wait, is this the same Jeff Taylor who couldn't get a spot on the Hornets team? Or someone else
    Yes, if a team missed Jeff Taylor then

Whether or not that's how Madrid "actually plays" isn't a concern of mine. I couldn't care less.

The Celtics weren't exactly lighting it up either, and were missing some of their best players. They also played scrubs for most of the 4th.
    WTF "plays" asshole?

They ran no plays of any kind that team has ran ever since the coach, or any of the guards that play on the team, have actually been on the team.

Anyone that knows the team, knows that.

As others commenting in this thread have already pointed out, the team was absolutely unrecognizable. Maybe, this was part of some kind of concession that Real's President made to the NBA as part of his current proposal that he has filed for them to join the NBA.

An ultimate ass kissing of letting them get totally humiliated, and so in his mind then the NBA might let them join the NBA. So the coach had the orders to make it happen.

I don't know. But several other posters already said in the thread that Real Madrid team was unlike anything anyone has ever seen in the last 5 or 6 years.

It was actually an embarrassment.

I'm not saying they didn't play hard. Because they did play hard. The players tried (on offense, NOT on defense at all though), within the context of what their game assignment was.

But they basically were nonetheless obviously told to tank the game, as in just play street ball for 40 minutes, but play hard while doing it, and that's what they did.

You can't play street ball for 40 minutes against Brad Stevens, and against an NBA team that has the objective of not wanting to lose to the Euroleague champions and not be humiliated.

The fact that people here are actually arguing that any elite Euroleague team would normally play like that (street ball) for 40 minutes, not to mention 16 year olds being played as well, just shows the level of ludicrous trolling that exists here.

In an actual Euroleague game, even if it was the worst team in the league, a street balling display would usually get a player benched almost immediately.

And no one is playing 16 year old kids.

Yet we have clowns here claiming this is the absolute norm of how Real Madrid would always play, and even implying or straight out saying this is how they would have won a championship last year.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 10-08-2015 at 07:39 PM.

I've already listed three different plays in this thread.

"WTF plays asshole?"

Are you OK bro?

Good college starter

Whether that is how Madrid "normally plays" isn't a concern of mine. I couldn't care less.

Real Madrid only looks good playing against teams on their level. They can't run sh1t because when the Celtics put the defensive pressure, they can't even inbound the ball.

I've already listed three different plays in this thread.

"WTF plays asshole?"

Are you OK bro?
    You didn't list any plays idiot. You listed examples of one to ones, and street balling it.

You are mental. Straight up.

And are we gonna act like 16-17 year olds don't get burn in EL? We seriously gonna act like that isn't the NORM overseas?

The Celtics looked OK at best, and still ran roughshod over the Champs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster
    Real Madrid only looks good playing against teams on their level. They can't run sh1t because when the Celtics put the defensive pressure, they can't even inbound the ball.
    Yeah, because it's normal for them to have 16 year old kids in the game, or it's normal for them to let someone like Jaycee Carroll run the offense and dribble the hell out of the ball for 15 to 20 seconds.........

Clearly, you have PROVEN with this thread that you have never seen a Euroleague game in your entire life.

All of your lies about how you have "watched every single Euroleague game" sure as hell have been exposed with this thread.

Keep up the lies man. You just keep exposing yourself as a lying psychopath more and more with every post.

And are we gonna act like 16-17 year olds don't get burn in EL? We seriously gonna act like that isn't the NORM overseas?

Good college starter

Ricky Rubio was playing 19 minutes a game around that age with Joventut.

I don't think Celtics look good on this game either. They just played an overmatched opponent.

Anyways NBA teams are like 72-15 against Euroleague teams.

Ricky Rubio was playing 19 minutes a game around that age with Joventut.

I don't think Celtics look good on this game either. They just played an overmatched opponent.

Anyways NBA teams are like 72-15 against Euroleague teams.
    How many lies do you tell in one day?

50?

100?

500?

1,000?

Play a lot like an NBA team yet no one beside El Chacho can create his own shot on NBA level without someone setting picks for them.
    I remember you saying he couldn't create shots, now he can.
    At least that, quick development in a couple of weeks.