Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Should the Knicks move on from Derek Fisher?

He lied about the reason why he left the team. In fact he said he was leaving to see his kids when in fact he went to attend a party with his new g/f.

Really hope Dolan/Jax decide to cut ties with this scumbag. Of course that wont happen because Fisher is Jax's protege.

Amazing how this stuff ALWAYS happens w/ the Knicks. I'm done defending this team. Short of Durant/Melo/Lebron, I'M DONE!

Decent college freshman Duderonomy's Avatar

Default Re: Should the Knicks move on from Derek Fisher?

He has a 5/25 deal the Knicks aren't going to eat 20 mil. Let's see how he does this season with Robin, Kristaps, and Aaron added.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Yes, but because he sucks, not because of this latest incident.

Quote Originally Posted by Knicksfever2010
    He lied about the reason why he left the team. In fact he said he was leaving to see his kids when in fact he went to attend a party with his new g/f.

Really hope Dolan/Jax decide to cut ties with this scumbag. Of course that wont happen because Fisher is Jax's protege.

Amazing how this stuff ALWAYS happens w/ the Knicks. I'm done defending this team. Short of Durant/Melo/Lebron, I'M DONE!
    Rick Carlisle for a Knicks first rounder, deal?

No, he lied to fight Matt Barnes

Depends if he gets the girl or if Barnes does.

And what's better for the team ? I don't know, who cares though it's not like they gonna be relevant with or without Fisher.

Quote Originally Posted by Duderonomy
    He has a 5/25 deal the Knicks aren't going to eat 20 mil. Let's see how he does this season with Robin, Kristaps, and Aaron added.
    he's signed for 5 years? what the hell were the knicks doing?

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    he's signed for 5 years? what the hell were the knicks doing?

"Lets sign rookie coach for 5 years as our head coach"
    Knicks organisation.

PJax is just there to run the organization to the ground and dip

NBA lottery pick

This whole Derek Fisher experiment seems to be over. I mean the guy had them reading books. How is reading a book going to make the team better offensively or defensively? It's like Fisher is trying every gimmick in the book and doesn't really have any real substance to help this team win NBA games. Phil Jackson doesn't want to touch this team with a 10ft pole, but he saw the money on the table and grabbed it. Luckily for Steve Kerr he realized the toxic situation the Knicks were in and headed for Golden State.

Fisher is in over his head. The same way Kerr would be if thrown into this type of lose/lose situation. On top of that, he's having all these off the court problems with his personal life.
    Last edited by Foster5k; 10-08-2015 at 12:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Foster5k
    This whole Derek Fisher experiment seems to be over. I mean the guy had them reading books. How is reading a book going to make the team better offensively or defensively? It's like Fisher is trying every gimmick in the book and doesn't really have any real substance to help this team win NBA games. Phil Jackson doesn't want to touch this team with a 10ft pole, but he saw the money on the table and grabbed it. Luckily for Steve Kerr he realized the toxic situation the Knicks were in and headed for Golden State.

Fisher is in over his head. The same way Kerr would be if thrown into this type of lose/lose situation. On top of that, he's having all these off the court problems with his personal life.

Bullshit. We'll see where they're at in 30 games. I'm not using last season as a measuring stick, but Fish better show me something this year. Couldn't care less about the domestic issues; half the league act like jackasses and clowns. See what money will do?

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Knicksfever2010

You guys have endured a lot of crap over the years with management and their strange decisions. I'll never forget that draft when Isaiah picked the guy with dreadlocks. I can't remember his name.
    That was just one oddball move in many.

I guess Fisher deserves a chance but inmho, I don't think he can get the respect of the players that he needs. He was once head of the players union and now he's management. But we'll see.

No one with any sense of business acumen would terminate Fisher at this time

Proves idiots wrong Human Error's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Duderonomy
    How could an unexperienced guy like Fisher get $25m? I'm still in disbelief.

He's a bum.