Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: if lebron goes 2/6, does he drop out of the top 10 all time?

Quote Originally Posted by ILLsmak
    he is still weak era. He has failed a lot. He has accolades, but a lot of sheisty shit.

I think hes better than Kobe even with the chance he can choke. But resume... it's up to the beholder. As for hakeem ok... same thing. Except maybe the opposite. Maybe hakeem was better but brons resume is better.

Still magic and bird... can't do it. That's the golden era. And they went in. Era absolutely has to be taken into account, and it's not like bron dominated it. He won many rs awards. But his rings are at least slightly dubious compared to bird and magic.

-Smak
    Anyone that is sexually active won't dispute this. But if you collude once and then join a team because it's good enough to be a contender due to having the top draft pick 3 years in a row and STILL choke, then you look like a chump. Dude should have just stayed with the same team like MJ did, waited until it was built similar to what Jordan had, and went for perfection like MJ. That's how you solidify yourself.

Dude flat out failed.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Straight_Ballin
    Anyone that is sexually active won't dispute this.

he is still weak era. He has failed a lot. He has accolades, but a lot of sheisty shit.

I think hes better than Kobe even with the chance he can choke. But resume... it's up to the beholder. As for hakeem ok... same thing. Except maybe the opposite. Maybe hakeem was better but brons resume is better.

Still magic and bird... can't do it. That's the golden era. And they went in. Era absolutely has to be taken into account, and it's not like bron dominated it. He won many rs awards. But his rings are at least slightly dubious compared to bird and magic.

-Smak
    What in the hell are you talking about? Weak era? Dude beat a Spurs team and Thunder team that would be winning near 60 games in any era in the finals.
    Magic and Bird the golden era? Go look how easy Magic had it getting to the finals most of the time.

You guys think your logic is on point in regards to Bron but it reeks of stupidity to a point I haven't seen.

Barely beat teams with a supposed "stacked" Heat? The team is stacked, he is supposed to win!
    Beat Chicago and take a win off 60 win Hawks, even with his players injured? Weak era, weak teams, pretenders!!!

When does Bron get his due for doing anything? It is boring reading the same old shit from the same posters, when literally the entire forum can see through the bullshit. Even the ones posting it don't believe it.

LOL at Hakeem being a better player than Bron too.

Anyone that is sexually active won't dispute this. But if you collude once and then join a team because it's good enough to be a contender due to having the top draft pick 3 years in a row and STILL choke, then you look like a chump. Dude should have just stayed with the same team like MJ did, waited until it was built similar to what Jordan had, and went for perfection like MJ. That's how you solidify yourself.
    This is actually the worst logic you could possibly use. Do you think if he had pippen, grant and phil that he would leave? If he stayed in cleveland they would have been a treadmill team for more than a decade. Too good for lottery picks but not good enough to win a title.

Dude flat out failed.
    [QUOTE]2

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    What in the hell are you talking about? Weak era? Dude beat a Spurs team and Thunder team
    Yeah he really beat them up

All time great stuff.

Good High School Starter DFish24's Avatar

Dudes not even in the Top 10 to begin with. I have him at 11-13. If he goes 2/6 then he drops down to 14-15 maybe even out of the top 15.

OP is getting dumber and dumber as he grows older. You look at the current roster of the Cavaliers. Irving is injured. It's a miracle that they beat the Bulls in the playoffs without Love and a hobbled Irving.

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    What in the hell are you talking about? Weak era? Dude beat a Spurs team and Thunder team that would be winning near 60 games in any era in the finals.
    Magic and Bird the golden era? Go look how easy Magic had it getting to the finals most of the time.

You guys think your logic is on point in regards to Bron but it reeks of stupidity to a point I haven't seen.

Barely beat teams with a supposed "stacked" Heat? The team is stacked, he is supposed to win!
    Beat Chicago and take a win off 60 win Hawks, even with his players injured? Weak era, weak teams, pretenders!!!

When does Bron get his due for doing anything? It is boring reading the same old shit from the same posters, when literally the entire forum can see through the bullshit. Even the ones posting it don't believe it.

LOL at Hakeem being a better player than Bron too.
    It's not bs tho. Bron gets his due for what he did. We all saw the whole thing too. Not everyone who thinks bron is overrated at top five all time is a hater.

It just needs to be said repeatedly because it's like people have gone crazy and forgotten the context. I am not a troll, I say some tongue in cheek shit when I feel mischievous, but I'm telling you my real pov. This pov is skewed by haters who say bron sux lol 2/5 but putting him at 10 or as high as 8 is no insult. That's huge given he's had way more success in rs than playoffs. His rs achievement is that great, but I draw the line after that. Gotta take the next step and I'm not buying that heatle shit as the same value as bird or magics rings.

Hakeem was a monster, its not ludicrous to say he was a greater impact player. Some people argue hakeem is a top c ever and big is seen as the most influential position.

-Smak

Wilt is consider a top 10 player of all time, but LeBron is arguably better than him in the playoffs, and finals.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by DFish24
    Dudes not even in the Top 10 to begin with. I have him at 11-13. If he goes 2/6 then he drops down to 14-15 maybe even out of the top 15.
    Hypothetical for you:

Irving never fully recovers and they go battle GS in the finals. Lebron plays very well and impacts the game hugely in all areas. However, the clearly superior Warriors win in 6. Does Lebron still drop? Is a context-less 2/6 all you need?

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    Wilt is consider a top 10 player of all time, but LeBron is arguably better than him in the playoffs, and finals.
    Wilt also had regular season numbers that never will be replicated....ever.

red1, dude flat out failed at being a contender for GOAT is what I meant. It's like becoming president. Each man creates his own destiny. You can either be the greatest president of the USA or you can fail at the opportunity. LBJ was the self proclaimed chosen one to become the GOAT and he failed!

Quote Originally Posted by Cone
    LeBron is missing his next 2 best players. If he makes the finals, he moves up to the top 5. And if he wins a ring, he's locked in at #3.

Then it's pretty much MJ/Kareem/LBJ for arguable GOAT.

This

Jordan, Jabbar and James for top 3. Jordan was 1-9 in the playoffs without Scottie Pippen while Jabbar never won a ring without another elite NBA player on his team. Magic helped him resurrected his career in the 1980's.

It depends on kobe, td, and hakeem. Duncan got a lil boost, I think. Kobe is probably done. I think if u put bron at 10 or 9 or whatever, you leave him there, but hes starting to lock in his spot. I think he's where he is from what he did already, but hes limiting his ability to climb tiers. Like hes still not above bird and may never be. If he had 3 peated plus another in cle, not that he would have left but hypothetically, he may have gotten over him. But no matter what if u cant win rings u can't be a top five guy. He needs that one epic performance and this year would be a great chance to at least leap kobe and hakeem. Maybe shaq and td soon.

-Smak
    you talk like its the general consensus, most guys have him over Bird, Duncan, Magic..

anyway, yea, he should definitely beat the Warriors without Kevin Love and Kyrie Irving.. what a bum.