Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: KBlaze

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Re: KBlaze

I was shocked to discover nothing but old white ladies getting books for their grandkids and young black people using the computers.

All kinds of people were in the library as recently as like....2000. But the internet was not what it is now. Books still served a purpose. Well they still do...but they arent where we go for information.

My venture actually led me to look into the decline of the library. Found an article from like 1999 about a project started by a group of libraries to physically archive all data on the internet. People were behind it too. They didnt know what it would become.

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    Kblaze probably wouldn't dedicate an entire chapter to why he believes Wilt Chamberlain is overrated, then proceed to speak lies and half-truths on the subject to give such a controversial opinion the illusion of merit though.
    Or fabricate the existence of tape of that 70-something point game against NY.

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    Kblaze probably wouldn't dedicate an entire chapter to why he believes Wilt Chamberlain is overrated, then proceed to speak lies and half-truths on the subject to give such a controversial opinion the illusion of merit though.
    I once created a topic on how Nash deserved his MVPs just so I could argue against my own belief to test the validity of the oppositions opinion.

I could see a couple chapters on how Jordan isnt as good as ____ just to stir the pot.

I read it all, in like, 2-3 weeks... Even though I disagreed with a lot, I loved the book, had a great time reading it too... really enjoyed myself sitting there every night and reading like half an hour before going to sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasher
    KBlaze did you ever finish that 80s Bucks mix?
    Would love to watch it if anyone has a link.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    I was walking through the library and saw his book and remembered this topic.

So im reading it...

I get what you mean....we have very different opinions but it does read something like a book by me would. He goes with the footnotes instead of my usual thought bubbles in parentheses....but its a similar style.

Awful lot of pretending Bob Cousy shooting 33% shouldnt count against him for my tastes though.
    I was shocked to discover nothing but old white ladies getting books for their grandkids and young black people using the computers.

All kinds of people were in the library as recently as like....2000. But the internet was not what it is now. Books still served a purpose. Well they still do...but they arent where we go for information.

My venture actually led me to look into the decline of the library. Found an article from like 1999 about a project started by a group of libraries to physically archive all data on the internet. People were behind it too. They didnt know what it would become.
    I once created a topic on how Nash deserved his MVPs just so I could argue against my own belief to test the validity of the oppositions opinion.

I could see a couple chapters on how Jordan isnt as good as ____ just to stir the pot.

You know Kblaze, other people asked/said this as well, you really should publish something similar... you got it, like an entire book about nba history, topped off by your ranking. Id definitely read it

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii
    Would love to watch it if anyone has a link.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tp5rUaPrgn8

Ish ROY 2014

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyMcAdocious
    Took you 4 1/2 years to get to this book? eliteballer probably died by now, with his request unfulfilled.

And what are you doing at a library? Unless it's at a college, the only people who go to a library are little children and old people. Both to masturabte.

Id never be able to keep to one subject. Id start on something about the most misunderstood assholes in NBA history and it would end up being 16 paragraphs about an old movie idea I had to feature one of the few(but real) black slave owners. Have him be a mixed race slave owner in virginia who as it happens....is also a stop on the undeground railroad. So he helps slaves escape...at the cost of 1 of every 4 agreeing to stay and belong to him. hed eventually fall in love with one...who only stayed so he would send her 3 kids on to the next(and final) stop before freedom. So she hates him but he spends the movie trying to prove hes doing more good than harm....

And what does that have to do with Rick Barry or Dennis Rodman? Yes...they are misunderstood assholes who did more good than harm despite poor reputations....but not enough to draw the parallel between them and my character who would be up for both an oscar and an award from the KKK.

It would be chaos. Like this post.

I post in short bursts of rambling thought. You cant write a book that way.

Id never be able to keep to one subject. Id start on something about the most misunderstood assholes in NBA history and it would end up being 16 paragraphs about an old movie idea I had to feature one of the few(but real) black slave owners. Have him be a mixed race slave owner in virginia who as it happens....is also a stop on the undeground railroad. So he helps slaves escape...at the cost of 1 of every 4 agreeing to stay and belong to him. hed eventually fall in love with one...who only stayed so he would send her 3 kids on to the next(and final) stop before freedom. So she hates him but he spends the movie trying to prove hes doing more good than harm....

And what does that have to do with Rick Barry or Dennis Rodman? Yes...they are misunderstood assholes who did more good than harm despite poor reputations....but not enough to draw the parallel between them and my character who would be up for both an oscar and an award from the KKK.

the main issue is clout, when it comes to books, I'd say. People who can talk about something without really talking about it and stay on the same "theme" while jumping subject are seen as great writers.

Still, you need a foot in to really get a book.

You absolutely can turn short bursts of rambling thought into a book, though. You don't think dudes like Bill Simmons do that? And they write books.

He probably spends the most time looking for video clips on youtube to put in his 'blogs.'

-Smak

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Out of curiosity: Who do you think deserved the MVPs for '05 and '06?

do we have an "ask kblaze" thread? we should have an "ask kblaze" thread.

I think you can write a book that way. It would be like a George Carlin book. Just grouped short thoughts. There doesn't need to be a big picture. We even have Jeff here to publish it and put up the funds. Perfect!

Coming in 2017

Inside Hoops

What The Internet Thinks About Basketball And Why You Should Care.

Pompous Observations Of An Internet Zookeeper.

Foreword by Real Men Wear Green

Will be 980 pages and the entire epilogue would be

"tl;dr"
    Last edited by Kblaze8855; 05-13-2014 at 08:20 PM.