Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    Decent college freshman RapsFan's Avatar

Default Re: 2k10 My Player Mode

Quote Originally Posted by T.O.RAPS
    is this mode strictly online only?
    No. I play it offline.

okay so i got the game last night. I was unable to upload my created player from draft combine. kept saying that 2k sports was unavailable at the time. I got frustrated so i just created a new player and trying to make him better than my combine player. I've noticed in the 2k10 my player mode, there are slightly more features than the draft combine game, for instance, you have the option to make up a nickname, and you get more skill points when you complete the drills. In combine you would get +150 in SP but in the MY PLAYER Mode you would get +400 SP for example.

Im curious however, if the draft combine player has the advantage over creating a player from scratch in my player mode since the combine player is already rated and ranked? Do you guys think i should delete this new guy im creating and just try an upload my combine player? Cause my combine player was really good.

My player is a 41, 2pts up from the 39 he was. I created from scratch since i didnt get the nba2k10 combine download. So i tried out for the Milw Bucks...didnt make the team and was sent to the NBDL. Playing with the Bucks? I'm a PG and was guarding guys like CDR from the Nets getting pwned.

I had no clue about the SP pts, combine workout to add pts and stuff. I did drills that were for big men which was a waste. But so far so good. I wonder how long before I get called up? Wonder if i gotta avg alot or something. I'm avg 5pts 5ast per game shooting like Jacque Vaughn and shyt.

Quote Originally Posted by JerzeyBlaze
    okay so i got the game last night. I was unable to upload my created player from draft combine. kept saying that 2k sports was unavailable at the time. I got frustrated so i just created a new player and trying to make him better than my combine player. I've noticed in the 2k10 my player mode, there are slightly more features than the draft combine game, for instance, you have the option to make up a nickname, and you get more skill points when you complete the drills. In combine you would get +150 in SP but in the MY PLAYER Mode you would get +400 SP for example.

Im curious however, if the draft combine player has the advantage over creating a player from scratch in my player mode since the combine player is already rated and ranked? Do you guys think i should delete this new guy im creating and just try an upload my combine player? Cause my combine player was really good.

Combine is just a way to get some extra stats. I'm not sure how much it effects you getting drafted. I did perfect (all A+, Golds, and min 1500sp per game) in my combine, then again in summer league, and in training camp... and still got sent to the D-League.

You can update the extra features (like nickname) after you import your Combine player to 2k10.

Honestly, if you're going to have to play for awhile in the D-league anyway(which I think is a good idea)... doing to Combine doesn't do much for you that you can't just do in the D-league or multiple training camps (build more stats).

Decent college freshman RapsFan's Avatar

I created a 6'6" white SG named Dan Majerle I can barely run up and down the court without getting tired.

Future D1 Dad

Quote Originally Posted by Splitz77
    My Player mode has alot of problems wrong with it. Clone glitch is the worst. Their is two of you. One is on the team that drafted you and the other is on the team you are on now..IT will **** up your stats, and say you've played more games than you have. and If you end up getting like MVP, your clone will actually get it so you wont get the reward for it..yepp..but 2k is working on the patch right now..
    i don't have to worry about the clone problem. i restarted the game b4 it had me to choose a different team so i'm actually on the team that drafted me. i knew something was up when i was scoring over 30pts a game in summer league and they got cut.

why is it i can outscore my opponent by 20 pts but as soon as they score, especially when the guy is rated way above me, my performance bar goes down drastically. this is dumb. i could see if the guy was a worse player than me but damn.

also, why don't i get xtra credit for being player of the game? i've been potg for like 5 games and i get nothing. i even beat out superstar players for this too. i'm almost to the point that i'm gonna stop playing this mode all together. there is just way too many problems w/ it to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    Combine is just a way to get some extra stats. I'm not sure how much it effects you getting drafted. I did perfect (all A+, Golds, and min 1500sp per game) in my combine, then again in summer league, and in training camp... and still got sent to the D-League.

You can update the extra features (like nickname) after you import your Combine player to 2k10.

Honestly, if you're going to have to play for awhile in the D-league anyway(which I think is a good idea)... doing to Combine doesn't do much for you that you can't just do in the D-league or multiple training camps (build more stats).
    Good info to know. thanks, im just going to gut it out with my new guy in player mode. i like his swagger so im a stuck wit em. Plus i have the sickest sneakers i created with him.

Quote Originally Posted by jbot
    i'm almost to the point that i'm gonna stop playing this mode all together. there is just way too many problems w/ it to deal with.
    so i guess we cant create a player and give him a 99 rating anymore? lol. I dont know man seems like you are having a lot of prolems...i hope i dont run into these prolems. i cant lie tho this mode is mad addicting. i havent even played regular games yet! My girlfriend getting mad that im spending more time with the game then her...i told her "baby ill c u next week...lol
    Last edited by JerzeyBlaze; 10-10-2009 at 05:19 PM.

Future D1 Dad

Quote Originally Posted by JerzeyBlaze
    so i guess we cant create a player and give him a 99 rating anymore? lol. I dont know man seems like you are having a lot of prolems...i hope i dont run into these prolems. i cant lie tho this mode is mad addicting. i havent even played regular games yet! My girlfriend getting mad that im spending more time with the game then her...i told her "baby ill c u next week...lol
    it's just frustrating, that's all. i'm getting player of the game like 5 games in a row and u get nothing for it. kinda dumb IMO.

if u think i'm a whiner, head over to 2ksports.com 2k10 forums and read those posts.

Playing 360 dealing with a female is like when i was a kid sneaking to play Nintendo when my mom told me to turn it off/take a break. I find myself making up excuses to cancel or not make plans to get some game time in.

I actually like the My Player mode alot...got thru summer circuit and swore I would make the team avg 8.8ppg 9.3rpg 2.3apg 1stl shooting 50%. Guess not. Perhaps i had to avg more pts or something. I tried out for OKC because I knew there wasnt much competition there. Melvin Ely? Maceo Baston? DJ White? Come on. I'm a face the basket PF. So I gotta do some time in the NBDL. Wonder for how long. If I could dunk it would be a wrap. But I enjoy how you gotta build you guy up. I'm a rated 51 now.

I am Chris Wilcox

Is there a way of playing more than 5min quarters on this mode? There doesn't seem to be an option for it on the menus. The only option is on the main menu of the game, but then when I try and start a new My Player mode with 12min quarters, it just goes back to 5mins again.

Is there a way of increasing it, because playing 5min quarters is boring as hell. I get about 7 mins total playing time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
    Is there a way of playing more than 5min quarters on this mode? There doesn't seem to be an option for it on the menus. The only option is on the main menu of the game, but then when I try and start a new My Player mode with 12min quarters, it just goes back to 5mins again.

Is there a way of increasing it, because playing 5min quarters is boring as hell. I get about 7 mins total playing time.
    Nope, its kinda like ncaa 10 where you do road to dynasty mode. The game setting are automatically set. You cant change it. Its done this way because the game is performanced based so if you put it on 12mins? It would be easy for someone to boost thier ratings by stat padding.

I am Chris Wilcox

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Nope, its kinda like ncaa 10 where you do road to dynasty mode. The game setting are automatically set. You cant change it. Its done this way because the game is performanced based so if you put it on 12mins? It would be easy for someone to boost thier ratings by stat padding.
    Really? That sucks. I must really suck then, because I'm struggling to put up decent stats. Haven't got a team mate rating higher than a B, even if I do everything right.

My player is a 6'9, 220 rebounding PF, but can't grab a f*cking rebound to save his life. I think the highest I got in one game was only 7.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Really? That sucks. I must really suck then, because I'm struggling to put up decent stats. Haven't got a team mate rating higher than a B, even if I do everything right.

My player is a 6'9, 220 rebounding PF, but can't grab a f*cking rebound to save his life. I think the highest I got in one game was only 7.
    Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm a PG which is infinitely easier than PF in terms of teammate grades, but even then I don't get all that many minutes.

I think I read that people who took their players through the draft combine (which wasn't available in the UK ) are able to edit their minutes per quarter, and that the next patch will make it possible for people without the combine to do it. I'm not sure if the latter part is just rumour, though.

I tried PG and stink i'm much better with a big man myself.

I got a 6'10 220 face the basket PF. I can get rbs easy. The thing is to get a higher game rating? It isnt determined by stats all the time. Good positioning, boxing out your man, double teaming, setting screens by pressing the b. Things of that nature also give you good grades. Just going for rbs, buckets wont do it alone. And rebounding is just timing...gotta time yourself right.

Besides your overall rating is low and you gotta build it up so doing some easy drills even if its shooting will help. Like I do shooting drills because I can get the gold medal status easy which not only gives me SP pts but also helps gives me a boost in ratings like scoring close to the basket. I do this most of my drills and stock up on SP pts then apply it to my players awareness levels. Get that up to 60. Helps with your overall rating.

I also found it easy to rack up assists with my player. Hit guys cutting to the basket. And another thing is i anticipate a steal when someone tries to pass it to the man I'm defending. I've gotten steals where i kicked the ball downcourt and my team scored. Get a good rating by setting and scoring on a fastbreak.

Yo there are alot of small details to do in a game where u dont accumilate stats that help your grade rating. My guys rating was a 39...Today? 52. But I didnt make an NBA roster, was sent to NBDL. I'll start that today. See how long it takes me to make it to the NBA. I gotta upgrade my dunking rating. Its like a 46. But it costs alot of SP pts to raise it. Like 168.