Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: NBA 2K11 - MJ: Creating a Legend mode

Quote Originally Posted by brantonli
    I'm slightly confused, so somehow you are transporting him across time so that you can insert Jordan in any time period from 1984 to 2003 (since it mentions replacing LeBron)? In addition to any team you want? Heck, Hakeem-Jordan combo FTW!
    No, that's not the idea. When they say replacing LeBron, they mean selecting the Cavs as your team and drafting Jordan and making him the next franchise player after LeBron (who will be on Miami).

I love the idea of this game mode. Just think about it...putting Michael against today's teams.

Michael vs. LeBron/Wade
    Michael vs. Kobe
    Michael vs. Big 3 + 1

Very nice. I used to create 30+ hall-of-famers from scratch and draft them to today's teams, making the game much more competitive. I.e., '67 Wilt Chamberlain on the #1 worst team, say, Timberwolves. Then prime Abdul-Jabbar on Nets, and so on.

Damn, oh well, I was sort of hoping that one could somehow insert yourself My Player into 1984 and play against legends back then, and the CPU will do the trades as they happened in real life. Still, NBA 2k10 seems to be touting the Jordan thing as the major hype over Live.

Good High School Starter chris2010's Avatar

i got a better idea. Dont just put MJs teams on the game. In fact only put the 72-10 bulls on there. But also put on there the other all time great teams.

Quote Originally Posted by chris2010
    i got a better idea. Dont just put MJs teams on the game. In fact only put the 72-10 bulls on there. But also put on there the other all time great teams.
    There's several great teams of all time installed on the game if that's what you mean.

NBA Superstar

NBA 2K11 will have 8 classic Bulls teams ('86, '90, '91, '92, '95, '96, '97, and '98).

Seperate from the "Create a Legend" Mode is the "Jordan Challenge" where users will try to recreate 10 of Jordan's best moments (for example, his 63 points against the 1986 Boston Celtics or his 35 first half points with 6 threes against the 1992 Portland Trail Blazers).

Quote Originally Posted by Batz
    There's several great teams of all time installed on the game if that's what you mean.
    they have it to where you can not only play with the bulls teams, but even the classic celtics, lakers, 76ers teams?

NBA Superstar

they have it to where you can not only play with the bulls teams, but even the classic celtics, lakers, 76ers teams?
    As far as we know at this point (information is still being released regarding 2K11) the other classic teams available with the opponents of Jordan's Bulls teams in each of the 10 Jordan Challenges.

So that's be:
    '86 Celtics
    '90 Cavs
    '90 Hawks
    '90 Pistons
    '91 Lakers
    '92 Blazers
    '95 Knicks
    '96 Supersonics
    '97 Jazz
    '98 Jazz

To include even these 18 classic teams (8 Bulls, 10 opponents), 2K had to sign each retired player individually to earn the right to use their likeness. It's tedious and likely costly. To add many more classic teams would be difficult.
    Last edited by Rake2204; 08-11-2010 at 10:43 PM.

Serious playground baller 1Time4YourMind's Avatar

Don't expect 2k11 to go through the work of developing rosters, faces, graphics, tendencies, shooting forms for each and every player from 1984 to 2003. Honestly? 2k11 just deals with the NBA players from the year 2011. The feat of creating the rosters for that year is a feat in itself. Nobody would put in the work for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    As far as we know at this point (information is still being released regarding 2K11) the other classic teams available with the opponents of Jordan's Bulls teams in each of the 10 Jordan Challenges.

So that's be:
    '86 Celtics
    '90 Cavs
    '90 Hawks
    '90 Pistons
    '91 Lakers
    '92 Blazers
    '95 Knicks
    '96 Supersonics
    '97 Jazz
    '98 Jazz
    well i guess ill have to settle for that. but i mean i was hoping I would get the oppurtunity to play with the 72-10 bulls against idk what year were the lakers the best in your opinion? or even play the best celtics team in the 80s against the super lakers team in the 60s with west, baylor, and chamberlin

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by 1Time4YourMind
    Don't expect 2k11 to go through the work of developing rosters, faces, graphics, tendencies, shooting forms for each and every player from 1984 to 2003. Honestly? 2k11 just deals with the NBA players from the year 2011. The feat of creating the rosters for that year is a feat in itself. Nobody would put in the work for that.
    Interestingly enough, while I acknowledge and agree 2K is not messing with any classic rosters past the 18 they've said will be included, I will say there have been some users on the PC who have created entire years of the NBA. Here is a link to a 1992 2K10 contest between the Kings and Warriors (on the correct court no less).

1992 NBA 2K10 Kings vs. Warriors
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wcvar...eature=related

And here's a 26 second montage of NBA 2K10 - 1992. Really makes me jealous I don't have this game for PC.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=be2wNrW2rGg
    Last edited by Rake2204; 08-11-2010 at 10:49 PM.

Local High School Star

This should be cool. Especially for fans of Jordan. They are also keeping "My player" mode and the draft combine will be on the disc also. The more options the better. The different versions of Jordan and some of the classic teams should be fun too. I'm excited to play 2k11.

just for laughs put the 9-73 76ers on there lol

What can I do for you? SuperPippen's Avatar

Looks like they're really going all out with all the Jordan. Ah, well, it should be a fun mode.

Though, the Chicago fan in me wants to cry foul at the thought of Jordan in anything but a Bulls jersey. Which is why I still wish that the Wizards years had never happened.

And, I think a 79 overall rating for a rookie Jordan might be selling him a bit short. So much athleticism and so explosive, and in today's less physical NBA, no less. I'd give him at least an 85-ish.

NBA Superstar

well i guess ill have to settle for that. but i mean i was hoping I would get the oppurtunity to play with the 72-10 bulls against idk what year were the lakers the best in your opinion? or even play the best celtics team in the 80s against the super lakers team in the 60s with west, baylor, and chamberlin
    Agreed. That'd be cool, but tough for 2K to pull off at this point. I will say we should keep an eye on user created teams on 2K Share. With the inclusion of short shorts and perhaps more retro jersey options, it may be more viable to see some solid classic teams pop up on the internet to interact with the authentic clubs included.