Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Blazers to waive Greg Oden

Quote Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
    This, it would be fitting too. Celtics would have never acquired KG and Ray had they had a top 2-3 draft pick. Celtics were dying for Oden in the '06-'07 season and they were pissed when they got like the 6th overall pick.
    yup we got the 5th pick, then traded it for ray allen. I'm pretty sure if the celtics would of had the #1 pick they wouldnt had trade it for allen but looking at it now thank god we got green, since we got him back anyway.

Local High School Star Joshumitsu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
    Why the fck are you bringing up Sabonis?
    Sabonis played well against David Robinson in the Olympics. Pippen even said that, if healthy, he was better than Robinson. When scrimmaging (drafted but not on the team yet) w/ Drexler and Porter in the early 90's, the two were in awe at his all-around game. He was supposedly doing it all: throwing crazy passes, blocking shots, and scoring from all over.

Even up until the mid-2000's, he was considered Europe's best player over the likes of Dirk, Divac, and Drazen. Like the other Blazer centers, his knees were busted up by the time he got a chance to play in Portland.

Quote Originally Posted by swi7ch
    Oden's doctors told the Blazers that one of his leg was one inch shorter than his other leg. Google this and see the reports. I'm no doctor but I sure as hell would be alarmed especially considering you use your legs to play basketball.

Durant had no problems coming out of college.

So which one do I draft? The guy who doctors told me would not be able to play basketball or the guy who was about to destroy the NBA just like how he destroyed the NCAA?
    So was Steve Prefontaine's

The human body never has perfect symmetry - though 1" is a bit extreme. But it never stopped Prefontaine from being a dominating figure in athletics that demanded use of legs (... running). Most NBA players wear custom orthopedic inserts too, maybe they should simply bump his stump-leg up to the length of the other one? That dude has got to heal though I dunno what is with him, years of recovery and set-backs despite elite, spare-no-expense medical care, surgeries, and therapy? What is this? I mountain bike regularly and have had severe internal injuries centered around my joints (Torn muscles, torn ligaments, internal bleeding, dislocations, fractures - etc). Despite doctors wishes to wait longer I recovered enough to ride again within two months and felt 100% within 3. Doing nothing but simple ice therapy. I've never shattered a knee cap, but seriously, years of recovery!?!?
    Last edited by CavaliersFTW; 03-15-2012 at 06:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshumitsu
    Sabonis played well against David Robinson in the Olympics. Pippen even said that, if healthy, he was better than Robinson. When scrimmaging (drafted but not on the team yet) w/ Drexler and Porter in the early 90's, the two were in awe at his all-around game. He was supposedly doing it all: throwing crazy passes, blocking shots, and scoring from all over.

Even up until the mid-2000's, he was considered Europe's best player over the likes of Dirk, Divac, and Drazen. Like the other Blazer centers, his knees were busted up by the time he got a chance to play in Portland.
    yeah sabonis was great before he came to the blazers. but he was broken down by the time he signed with the blazers. how long did they have his rights before he came to portland?

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    So was Steve Prefontaine's

The human body never has perfect symmetry - though 1" is a bit extreme. But it never stopped Prefontaine from being a dominating figure in athletics that demanded use of legs (... running). Most NBA players wear custom orthopedic inserts too, maybe they should simply bump his stump-leg up to the length of the other one? That dude has got to heal though I dunno what is with him, years of recovery and set-backs despite elite, spare-no-expense medical care, surgeries, and therapy? What is this? I mountain bike and while doing it have had severe internal injuries around my joints (severe torn muscles, dislocations, torn ligaments etc) that I recovered from enough to ride again within two months and enough to feel 100% within 3. Doing nothing but simple ice therapy. I've never shattered a knee cap, but seriously, years of recovery!?!?
    running and basketball, non comparable. oden is jumping up and down trying to collect rebounds, running the floor, etc.

Please use Google (use the search term: oden leg one inch shorter) and read the doctors' reports. I will let science do the arguing for me.
    And? thats not the reason his knees ****ed up.
    A healthy Oden would give howard a run for his money

Oden's doctors told the Blazers that one of his leg was one inch shorter than his other leg. Google this and see the reports. I'm no doctor but I sure as hell would be alarmed especially considering you use your legs to play basketball.

Durant had no problems coming out of college.

So which one do I draft? The guy who doctors told me would not be able to play basketball or the guy who was about to destroy the NBA just like how he destroyed the NCAA?
    Actually, I could've sworn that came after the Blazers drafted Oden. I believe it came from Ainge actually, after Oden was out for the first time.

However, I read a recent article from the Oregonian (after Oden's most recent surgery) that before his injury, the Blazers ran tests for gigantism, knee injuries/imbalances, etc and everything was fine. Structurally, his knees were superb (supposedly).

Oden and Durant were supposed to be a 1a, 1b type of deal. It's just unfortunate the two teams (SEA, POR) that picked them never got a chance to enjoy them.

yeah sabonis was great before he came to the blazers. but he was broken down by the time he signed with the blazers. how long did they have his rights before he came to portland?
    You know, I have no idea. He came in 1995 but was drafted in 1986. The Blazers pursued like crazy but couldn't get through due to the Cold War.

running and basketball, non comparable. oden is jumping up and down trying to collect rebounds, running the floor, etc.
    It's comparable enough to know that it shouldn't be a severe handicap especially when modern orthopedics and custom shoes could level out his legs. That's not even my main point, though I'm baffled as to why the f_ck he can't heal after years of elite medical care and therapy!? People recover from heart surgery in only a few months for crying out loud... and they open up your rib cage for that... He'll be so rusty even if he does heal since he hasn't played in years that who knows what he'd be like on the floor
    Last edited by CavaliersFTW; 03-15-2012 at 06:38 PM.

Portland made an ok call at the time, anyone but a troll knows this.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Just a dumb management. Always willing to pass a SURE HOF (Jordan, Durant) to draft big men with question marks.
    You know, sometimes it still upsets me when I think we could have had Durant instead of Oden. But then I think, "It could have been worse. My team could have moved away to Oklahoma."

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    You know, sometimes it still upsets me when I think we could have had Durant instead of Oden. But then I think, "It could have been worse. My team could have moved away to Oklahoma."

Cold Blooded.

That's funny but also quite profound.

It is the right move.

It's over, finally.