Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Could Boston beat Orlando?

I think Boston has a good chance. Who is gonna guard Pierce and Ray? Hedo has been playing pretty poorly recently (which could change) and much of Lewis' advantages are taken away by the fact that the Cs DONT have a big to put in the 4 slot. Of course there is no one to guard Howard if Perk fouls out. However, this doesn't matter since (like houston) Orlando doesn't understand the concept of giving your big the ball when he has position.

Banned

Default Re: Could Boston beat Orlando?

Quote Originally Posted by nbastatus
    not sure. but i will focus on the two sonic formers.
    ray allen and rashard lewis
    It will be a treat.

Default Re: Can Boston beat Orlando?

Magic in 5

I think that the Celtics take the series a lot more easily than people think, even without Garnett. The key question is who's going to stop Rondo? After dealing with the incredible quickness and strength of Rose, Rondo's going to feel like he got a 'get out of jail' card -- and even playing against Rose, you could argue that he's been the best Celtic player in the playoffs. If he's as agressive about driving and getting in the lane as he was in the first-round, Orlando is in trouble.

Plus, the intangibles clearly favor Boston. Orlando isn't what I would call a "smart" team, while Boston has loads of playoff experience and crafty vets like Pierce and RayRay. Add to that the historical lack of success deep in the playoffs for the Magic.

If the Magic aren't hitting their 3s, it will be a short series. They remind of of the Suns a couple of years ago -- built for the regular season but not the playoffs. Even with DHo, I think they get abused down load, and in the backcourt, Boston definitely has the advantage.

they can, watch van gundy dissapear as a coach, and dwight howard just go beast.

pray dwight goes beast, because if u look at the time dwight has an awesome statline the rest of his team plays horribly

seriously look at the philly box scores.

The Celtics should be able to use their bench more against the Magic than they did vs the Bulls; the matchups are more favorable. They dont have to worry about little roadrunners like Rose, Gordon, and Hinrich anymore. Expect to see more of Marbury, House, and particularly Tony Allen manning up on Orlando's shooters. Maybe even a Bill Walker sighting, who knows...

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

I really hate all boston teams, including the celts, but alas, I must root for them against the magic. The celts are a good team and man for man are better than the Magic. I may be in the minority but I think the celts can pull this one off in another tight series. Celtics are going to be a much bigger challenge for the magic the philly was. Hell, magic made philly look somewhat respectable in the post season.

Blu Ray

I'd say the chances of beating Orlando were pretty good with our current roster now if we had beaten Chicago in four or five games. A playoff series like ours? I'd be surprised if we steal a game or two. We're mentally and physically exhausted and Orlando has had a week's rest. I just don't see us winning.

Come back Courtney Lee , your driving skills will be missed for the first 2 games.

NBA lottery pick

Change the thread title to "Will Orlando beat Boston?"

because Orlando can only beat themselves in this series.

Saw a basketball once

Well, the Sixers gave Orlando fits at the 1 and 3 spots, That is now Rondo and Pierce. Ray Allen will give them fits too. The Big question is, Can Perkins Give them 38 minutes a night? If it reaches game 7 the celtics win, or if KG walks through that door, the Celtics win. All in all its all in Orlando's hands, they have no reason to lose to the celtics without KG and Powe. Will they choke and let it get to game 7 in BOSTON???

Very good NBA starter

My thoughts....

Other than Dwight Howard, Orlando is a BAD rebounding team.

They have streaky shooters, and I expect them to win one game by 15 plus points if they are on.

They are worst defensively than Chicago was. Chicago was able to take away drives for most of the series against the celtics. Lewis and Turk are no Tyrus Thomas,Noah, type guys. They are finesse players.

Orlando doesnt run a whole lot where as the bulls were a fast break everytime rose had the ball. IN a half court set Celtics are dangerous with Allen on screens,Pierce on the elbow, and rondo penetrating.

BOSTON in 6

Local High School Star franchise#3's Avatar

JJ Redick will kill the Celtics

[COLOR="White"]No he won't[/COLOR]

Very good NBA starter

JJ reddick would be the ideal matchup for ray allen. Ray can close on a shooter less athletic than him. Courtney Lee would at least make ray respect the drive and be on his feet laterally.

Personally i saw all 4 games, and many statlines you see howard with 20-17 rebounds, and the rest of the magic with 2-4. They are a finesse team and Boston will handle this in 6.

Magic >>>> Bulls. If I'm not wrong, they split the season series with Boston. Now they don't even have KG or Leon Powe. This is a no-brainer, Magic in 6.