Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Who's the Funniest Black Actor?

Quote Originally Posted by Riley Martin
    Craig Robinson

this

why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar

Dave Chappelle and no any other answer is right.

Made that high school varsity squad Hotbullets's Avatar

Chappelle sure, but let's not forget old school Will Smith.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Fudge
    I got Martin Lawrence.
    Though I don't hear much from him now, he is my personal favorite. Loved the Martin show.

Gentleman Desperado East_Stone_Ya's Avatar

Martin Lawrence

NBA Superstar

i think Martin is the funniest with his own show. i really loved his show. Tommy, Coal..were great too.

Will Smith is real funny on talk shows and stuff, real witty guy. been awhile since i've seen him but he was always good on Letterman and stuff.

Eddie Murphy wasn't really that funny in movies IMO but he was a good actor in good movies during Beverly Hills cop era, he was great at standup too. i hate most of his more recent movies.

i never liked Daman Wayans much..in anything. i thought his lil bro was funny in that baby movie tho.

Chris Rock was more funny than them in movies imo, but not by that much. i think he just got better lines to be him, keep thinking Lethal Weapon and stuff. best at standup tho imo.

personally i loved Chris Tucker in Friday. i thought Friday 2 sucked without Chris Tucker. I thought he was really good in those Jackie Chan movies too. He's a funny ass actor actually, in fact i'd put him easily as the funniest black movie actor. Smokee was one of my favorite weed head characters

Dave Chappelle most overrated comic ever. And this is coming from a huge Chappelle fan. Never seen someone go from underrateda to overrated in a 2 year time span. No one was checking for homie before Chappelle Show took off. Remember Screwed or Woo anyone haha. Chappelle before 2003 was an underrated comic who couldn't get work over guys like Guy Torry and JB Smoove.

Only Katt Williams 2 year span can compete and Katt was never really good to begin with. BTW has a new special premier on HBO this weekend Priceless.

Damon Wayans at one time was the top comic in the world. His timing impeccable. Eddie Murphy is on record saying watching Damon work a club was scary.

Top 10 black comics post 1980.
    1 Chris Rock
    2 Eddie Murphy
    3 Damon Wayans
    4 Martin Lawrence
    5 Dave Chappelle
    6 Eddie Griffin
    7 Sinbad
    8 Robin Harris
    9 D.L. Hughley
    10 Bernie Mac

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

12 years a slave was hilarious

Banned

the only guy that comes close to prime eddie murphy is dave chapelle. the rest are crap.

Great college starter ThePhantomCreep's Avatar

Peak Eddie Murphy by far.

i get why people hate on him, but i for one think kevin hart is mad funny

Quote Originally Posted by JohnFreeman
    12 years a slave was hilarious

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    Dave Chappelle most overrated comic ever. And this is coming from a huge Chappelle fan. Never seen someone go from underrateda to overrated in a 2 year time span. No one was checking for homie before Chappelle Show took off. Remember Screwed or Woo anyone haha. Chappelle before 2003 was an underrated comic who couldn't get work over guys like Guy Torry and JB Smoove.

Only Katt Williams 2 year span can compete and Katt was never really good to begin with. BTW has a new special premier on HBO this weekend Priceless.

Damon Wayans at one time was the top comic in the world. His timing impeccable. Eddie Murphy is on record saying watching Damon work a club was scary.

Top 10 black comics post 1980.
    1 Chris Rock
    2 Eddie Murphy
    3 Damon Wayans
    4 Martin Lawrence
    5 Dave Chappelle
    6 Eddie Griffin
    7 Sinbad
    8 Robin Harris
    9 D.L. Hughley
    10 Bernie Mac
    Wayans is terrible, other than producing shit. his actual comedy from himself is awful. his normal self sounds gay as fukk. and his gay impressions are really overdone and not as funny as he thinks where he did that shit 24/7 on In Living Color...

i swear everything i've ever seen Damon Wayans do himself, not writing or producing shit, but him doing impersonations and jokes is bad. he's probably THE most overrated 'comedian' ever. I do think Chapelle is overrated too, but he's a lot less annoying than Wayans.

man we got some really different comedy tastes. altho i guess a lot of people like Wayans, but i swear he's just not very funny as a person.

oh and this thread was 'funniest black actor' but a lot of people are tangenting i guess.

Decent college freshman

If we are talking about carrying a movie, Eddie Murphy smokes everyone. Chris Tucker in his prime was awesome too though. Rock and Chapelle were never very good at this. Hart isn't bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzuki
    Wayans is terrible, other than producing shit. his actual comedy from himself is awful. his normal self sounds gay as fukk. and his gay impressions are really overdone and not as funny as he thinks where he did that shit 24/7 on In Living Color...

i swear everything i've ever seen Damon Wayans do himself, not writing or producing shit, but him doing impersonations and jokes is bad. he's probably THE most overrated 'comedian' ever. I do think Chapelle is overrated too, but he's a lot less annoying than Wayans.

man we got some really different comedy tastes. altho i guess a lot of people like Wayans, but i swear he's just not very funny as a person.

oh and this thread was 'funniest black actor' but a lot of people are tangenting i guess.
    You must be judging Wayans from Blankman and Marci X.

I've take it you never seen his various HBO's performances starting in the mid 80s to the mid 90s?

87 Partners in Crime
    88 Partners in Crime II
    89 One Night Stand
    91 The Last Stand?
    97 Still Standing

When prime Eddie Murphy says he stopped doing stand up because of guys like Wayans, that should tell you something.