Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Top 10 Quickest Releases in the Nba

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    Any list without Eddie House = fail.

Clips acquired Hassan Adams and waived him within 2 hours
    Lol, that guy Adams is now playing for a team from my city, Vojvodina...

Blu Ray

Quote Originally Posted by Biddy77
    yes. you're missing the fact that bringing the ball back as far as he does slows down the shot by adding extra backward motion before the ball travels forward. that has *everything* to do with the speed (not quality. speed.) of his release.

you keep trying to say i don't like redd, or i don't like his shot, despite the fact that i've only said it's not as fast as you're claiming, with no other even remotely negative comments about his shot... and despite the fact that i've stated *in this thread* that he's "a hell of a shooter".

yes. you're missing a lot.
    Please highlight the post where I claimed such speed. All you did was see that I lumped him in with House and Allen, and somehow in your little head you assumed I was comparing his speed with theirs.

Don't make assumptions on the internet, they just make you look like an idiot.

His release is top 10, maybe top 5. < fact.

Quote Originally Posted by pete's montreux
    Please highlight the post where I claimed such speed. All you did was see that I lumped him in with House and Allen, and somehow in your little head you assumed I was comparing his speed with theirs.

Don't make assumptions on the internet, they just make you look like an idiot.

His release is top 10, maybe top 5. < fact.
    oooohhhhh, so you lumped him in with those guys but didn't mean to compare him to them. excellent. so... what was the rationale for lumping him in with them, then? i don't want to make assumptions, so i'll let you explain it.

re: making assumptions... remember your comments about me "not liking redd" or "not liking redd's release"? <--- assumptions made on the internet.

here's a michael redd video. if you watch it, you'll actually see him not having a release any faster than chauncey billups, brandon roy, steve blake, joe johnson, deron williams, or any number of other guys with average release speed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_tWg_bvgfs

Quote Originally Posted by pete's montreux
    Ray Allen
    Eddie House
    Michael Redd

Are the three quickest in the NBA.
    quoted to satisfy pete's demand that i quote the post where he claims "such speed" (re: redd's release).

BUT... for anyone else reading this... i want to clarify, as per pete's request...

when he lumped redd in with allen and house, and then stated that those three had THE THREE QUICKEST RELEASES in the nba...

he wasn't comparing them.

i've got your back, pete.

Blu Ray

I actually forgot I said that. And to be honest, I think those three are indeed the quickest. None of what you said so far has been really convincing. Now, I'm sure there are quicker guys who I don't know about [Kapono, obviously is one probably], but for me, right now, he's definitely top five. But don't expect me to make a list.

I'm just waiting for you to start arguing Roy as the quickest release in the L.

Granger is pretty fast.

i wouldn't argue Roy for quickest release in the L. he's not even quickest on the TEAM. blake probably has the fastest release on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by gyu
    Granger is pretty fast.
    i think so too