Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Local High School Star Vienceslav's Avatar

Default Re: Kobe, Jordan, and 40 point games.

Probably not happening , but it

LAwilwintheirlsthomegm

Kobe had 50% of those games in two seasons. He'd easily beat Jordan if he was the #1 option from the get go.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Story Up
    Kobe had 50% of those games in two seasons. He'd easily beat Jordan if he was the #1 option from the get go.
    I think it worked out better overall for Kobe to be #2 for a while. Few more rings because of it.

Great college starter

Michael Jordan 87, 88 seasons = 43, 40-point games.

Kobe Bryant 06,07 seasons = 29, 40-point games.

Where did this 50% crap come from???????? LOL!!

As you can see, as for as prolific scoring goes over even just a couple of years, Jordan still whips Kobe....

If...If...If Kobe was starting and the number 1 from the get-go......If Jordan hadn't lost most of the entire 86 season to injury......If Jordan hadn't retired for a 1 year and a half during his prime years....if Jordan hadn't retired at 35 while he was still capable of averaging 29 a game...If....If....If

Serious playground baller

Maybe. But if he was the #1 option from the get go, forget about first three rings. Which option is better?

NBA rookie of the year

This is nonsense. BOTH Kobe and Jordan did most of their damage in terms of 40+ point games in two seasons (MJ had 55 games of 40+ points in '87 and '88 versus Kobe's 45 such games in '06 and '07). Saying that Kobe "would have" done more is a joke, because Jordan also would have done more scoring if he didn't concentrate on his team game and all-around game post-1988, if he wasn't expending a ton of energy on defense (way more than Kobe), and if he didn't have as good a team as he did post 1989.

Let's also not neglect the fact that Jordan had more playoff games of 40+ point in two postseasons ('89 and '90) than Kobe has had in his entire playoff career (13 games of 40+ points versus 11 games).

Learning to shoot layups LakerGirl72's Avatar

nah, he won't pass jordon on this.

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by COnDEMnED
    I forget, which one of those retirements was caused by David Stern for the force retirement of Jordan for inability to pay gambling debt, which ultimately resulted in the death and murder of his own father?

Rape charge? hur hur Jordan Killed his father! Beat that Kobe!/ Win

Im just kidding, I dont realy care either way. I just wanted to bring up jordan killing his dad. I thought it would be fun.

It didnt disappoint.

Highschool? How did you do it?

BAN in 5,4,3..........

National High School Star I.R.Beast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Showtime
    What's so amazing is that MJ walked away from the game twice. The first time he was at his peak, and missed a season and most of another. The second time he still had gas in the tank.
    MJ had 7 years of ball hogging and 23+ shots per game in his atheletic Prime.... Kobe didnt have that.

Quote Originally Posted by I.R.Beast
    MJ had 7 years of ball hogging and 23+ shots per game in his atheletic Prime.... Kobe didnt have that.
    I think he did... lol. I don't think anyone would say Kobe didn't get enough shots. Kobe shot whenever he wanted to. If he didn't shoot it, he wouldn't have shot it no matter who was on his team. If Kobe didn't shoot it, he was thinking THERE IS NO WAY I CAN MAKE THIS SHOT.

-Smak

Decent playground baller thelucifer69's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I.R.Beast

If MJ took the same shots as Kobe he still had more 40 points/ game, better FG%

Aww cmon now, I did it in good sport! It was all in dark humor! I was just having fun, lol. Cmon it was a little funny..
    Not really.

F u I laughed, LOL. Dont take somebody you never met so seriously. He doesnt care what merchandise you bought, only the ones you didnt. Personally im not reserving my grave sight with a James Jordan premium coffin, exclusive with vintage jordans and mafia un-payoffs. Order now and we'll include the super duper premium FBI wire, just like the one jordan used! Put it under your shirt, put it under your hat! ITS FUN FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY! Buy now!
    Take you seriously? I don't give a shit about you one way or the other. I just think you're sad, ignorant and irrelevant. Actually, give me a sec.....
    Last edited by Dragonyeuw; 01-12-2012 at 11:59 AM.

This message is hidden because COnDEMnED is on your ignore list.

Much better.....