Default LMAO Phil Jackson

"Never seen anything like SCurry? Remind you of Chris Jackson/ Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf, who had a short but brilliant run in NBA?"

https://twitter.com/PhilJackson11/st...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

not saying he is offbase or anything, just seem like a salty tweet given his comments last year about the warriors
    Last edited by Rekindled; 02-28-2016 at 01:47 PM.

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Default Re: LMAO Phil Jackson

can't tell if joking or just bitter old men like Oscar and Kareem

NBA Superstar

To be fair, I've seen some similarities between the two, and I think I've heard others bring up Mahmoud in relation to Curry as well, but mostly in relation to build and play style.

Of course, having a similar play style doesn't mean anything close to having the same impact or flat out ability.

Abdul-Rauf was good, but Stephen Curry is legendary. He's basically the ideal form of everything Abdul-Rauf probably would have wished to be.

Long story short, pretty wack statement for Phil Jackson to make without any other kind of context.

NBA lottery pick

Old ni999as are always hating on young ni999as.

NBA sixth man of the year Indian guy's Avatar

Phil straight up trolling

Still bitter about GS proving him completely wrong last season about how jump shooting teams can't win it all.

Chris Jackson was a nice little player who maxed out at numbers of 19/43/39, with a shortened 3pt line. Curry beat that in his rookie season. No, they weren't "similar" players. You can't be similar if one guy is light years better than the other. It's like saying Eddy Curry was similar to Shaq.

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    To be fair, I've seen some similarities between the two, and I think I've heard others bring up Mahmoud in relation to Curry as well, but mostly in relation to build and play style.

Of course, having a similar play style doesn't mean anything close to having the same impact or flat out ability.

Abdul-Rauf was good, but Stephen Curry is legendary. He's basically the ideal form of everything Abdul-Rauf probably would have wished to be.

Long story short, pretty wack statement for Phil Jackson to make without any other kind of context.
    This. He should of gave more context, but "like" is the keyboard here. Doesn't mean he's as good.

The difference isn't as big, but it's like someone saying "Never seen anything like MJordan? Remind you of Kobe, who had a long and brilliant run in NBA?"

Quote Originally Posted by HOoopCityJones
    Does look familiar.
    That 51 on Stockton was brutal. And he scored 32 on the 96 Bulls, Jordan had 39 though

NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

Chris Jackson was more athletic.

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

I see way more of Nash in Curry than Chris Jackson. I saw Jackson play at LSU and his whole NBA career and while they may be somewhat similar, Curry and Nash are closer. Curry is like Nash when Nash felt like scoring. Nash only did that once in a while but Curry is like that all the time. Neither Nash nor Curry were particularly athletic but they were both really quick and so good with the ball and could create space where there seemed to be none. They also are just incredibly skilled at taking and making off balance shots. Nash passed more and was a better passer but Curry does know how to pass for sure and can make some nice passes. Curry of course is on an entirely different level than Nash like way different. I just don't see a ton of Chris Jackson in him.

Oh and wanted to add/agree that MAR/Jackson was a freak athlete. Just because he wasn't an in game dunker didn't mean he didn't use his athleticism to his advantage. And his game was just very different from Curry's in that regard because he could use that to create space and rely on that when he wanted to. So to me, Curry's skill level is much higher.

Pete Maravich was a better example. And had the 3 pt line been around in his prime, he likely would have been among the best of his era.

I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LAZERUSS
    Pete Maravich was a better example. And had the 3 pt line been around in his prime, he likely would have been among the best of his era.
    not really. Maravich was a one-man show almost exclusively.

yeah, me.

-Smak