Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Why do people overrate Dirk and underrate Pierce?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman
    Come on dude you remember this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Est9V44mhA

Came through when it mattered the most.
    umm... 12 points and 4 dimes is beasting? Let's not forget the Mavs swept the Lakers and won that game by 12.

I'm not saying JJB didnt contribute. He did. But he was a role player that did what he always did. He benefited greatly from opposing defenses focusing on Dirk and Terry.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman
    Pierce was unarguable in 2008, that close out game vs Cleveland was one of the best battles in NBA history. Dirk was the same in 2011. His team was underrated tho, he had 3 point snipers all around + barea being a beast.

Both owned Kobe and Lebron in the process.

Pierce 2008 = Dirk 2011

Because Dirk is better ... the hell.

what next why do people overrate Kevin Garnett and underrate Vince Carter?

I don't think anybody really overrates Dirk. He totally revolutionized the PF position. He took what McAdoo did, put it in a 7 foot body, and really exploited the three ball. In terms of a PF who can TOTALLY take a game by the throat scoring and creating matchup nightmares, Dirk doesn't have to take a backseat to any PF ever! Dirk was so skilled that teams put SF's or swingmen on him to keep up with him on the perimeter. But Dirk would still shoot over them too and post them up. And create other opportunities for his teammates to score because they got a favorable matchup due to team's worrying about Dirk.

Pierce I feel is actually underrated. Many don't realize Pierce as a great case to be a top 10 GOAT SF. Also many don't realize Pierce's all around scoring skillset is among the top 6-7 all time at the SF position. Other than Bird, Durant, Melo, King, and Rick Barry what SF FOR SURE has a better total scoring skillset than Pierce. Hell even Pierce's all around game in general gets slept on by many too.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kentatm
    umm... 12 points and 4 dimes is beasting? Let's not forget the Mavs swept the Lakers and won that game by 12.

I'm not saying JJB didnt contribute. He did. But he was a role player that did what he always did. He benefited greatly from opposing defenses focusing on Dirk and Terry.
    Agreed.