Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

Default Re: Why did Bobcats pick Zeller at #4

i had forgotten that porter was even drafted, i couldn't believe they picked zeller, a few guys after made allot of sense for the cats

Decent college freshman

Everytime i've watched him he looks pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    McClemore is 21 year old freak talent.
    I bet he is an allstar in his mid 20's.

I have been around longer than a few seasons, and have heard all this weak draft stuff before.
    Lol, It's McLemore not McClemore

I have been around longer than a few seasons, and have heard all this weak draft stuff before.
    McLemore sucks ass.

NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CelticBaller
    MKG is one of the top defenders in the nba and he is a bust?
    MKG is not one of the top defenders. he's so overrated even as a defender. He's a bust so far..but it's only year 2.

Dunking on everybody in the park shallehalle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aidz
    I know it's MJ but what were they thinking?
    Bennett is a bust but at least he's black/showed some flashes during college + summer camp.
    Zeller is a tall, stiff white dude that NEVER looked good, and so far he's lived up to his zero hype.
    Remember, Bobcats fans' reaction when they picked him?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1sqoxXAr7Y

I know it was a weak draft but come on. Why not take a chance of Nerlens Noel or any other scrub?

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    The draft is so bad it has people speaking Dipo's name like he's killing it this year. Truth is, he has been just OK. In any other rookie class he'd be getting very little notice. Maybe even some criticism because he was the No. 2 overall pick and he certainly hasn't been great.

Btw, for being a "chucker," Hardaway has been much more efficient than Oladipo this year. He's a flat-out better scorer.

I will never understand the need for so many people to overrate Oladipo.

i agree with dipo getting overrated, he has struggled allot, it seems like everytime he gets 17ish points i check his fga and it's like 5/14 very high turnover ratio and hasn't blown me away with athleticism either

I don't get picked last at the park anymore dreaming121's Avatar

Zeller was trash during the first few months. Lately, he's looking like a legit top 10 lottery material(Which isn't much as this years draft isn't very good) and not to mention he has a lot of athleticism. He can run fast and beat most bigs off the dribble. His problem is that he's too skinny and kept being pushed around by bigger centers, he needs to bulk up more. He also tends to rush his shots; making him miss more. I think that's because during his first few months he's been blocked a lot.

Serious playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by Aidz
    Zeller is a tall, stiff white dude that NEVER looked good, and so far he's lived up to his zero hype.

I know it was a weak draft but come on. Why not take a chance of Nerlens Noel or any other scrub?
    He is not a stiff

How many legit 7 footers could do a steal+dunk? Timmy D, Gasol. Javale Mcgee could not properly dribble on a fast break.

Quote Originally Posted by Smook A.
    MKG is a complete bust. Ugly jumper.
    I said currently he looks like a bust.

MKG still has a chance to be pretty good all-around. He's only 20
    Which is which? Give the guy a chance, Even Jermaine O Neal did not break out till age 22.

He's still got a chance to shed that bust label away. First, he needs to fix that ugly jumper. 2nd, he has to learn to make free throws. He's shooting 62% from the FT line this season
    That exactly sounds like Tyson Chandler, good defender yet he is not a bust.

MKG's worst case scenario could be Stacey Augmon, good defender, good team player but does not have any shooting range.

As for his jumpshoot this is a good read.

[QUOTE]Price adjusted Kidd-Gilchrist

Serious playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by dreaming121
    Zeller was trash during the first few months. Lately, he's looking like a legit top 10 lottery material(Which isn't much as this years draft isn't very good) and not to mention he has a lot of athleticism. He can run fast and beat most bigs off the dribble. His problem is that he's too skinny and kept being pushed around by bigger centers, he needs to bulk up more. He also tends to rush his shots; making him miss more. I think that's because during his first few months he's been blocked a lot.
    Zeller is trash during the 1st half of the season, always fall on the floor even with the slightest contact. But as the season progresses, he definitely passes the eye test (at least)

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

His big bro Tyler took a big step from his rookie year to his sophomore season, and that guys was a 4 year college player, and much less athletic and not as strong as cody.

Cody will turn out to be a good player and when all is said and done he will turn out to be one of the better players of this past draft.

Big men take longer to develop. He'll be a good player.

Bennett and Porter haven't really played much, both will probably be ok to decent players.
    Dipo is solid.
    Len will probably have an injury riddled career.
    Noel is a big question mark.
    BenMac will be fine.
    KCP will be fine.

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

The only thing that's freakish about Ben Mclemore is his high motor other than that he's been complete shit this year and appears to be mentally soft. If he can get some sort of confidents in himself he will be a good role player. I don't see him as a All-Star if the likes of Klay Thompson/Bradley Beal are not even close to it who had similar games coming into the L and are now better players.