Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Default BOXING: Does Amir Khan have a "Glass jaw"?

Honestly, I have been watching his recent fights again especially against Madiana. He really struggles taking punches in general. In my opinion, offensively and speed wise he is a top 5 talent but his defense and his chin IMO is what is holding him back from being up their with pacquiano and mayweather. Yes, he's a former 4 time world champion but I am hoping that he fights one of these two in the upcoming years and at least makes it past 10+ Rounds and make it competitive.

Also I wish that heavyweight fighting became more popular even though the famous boxers- mayweather etc. are pretty much around my size.

Default Re: BOXING: Does Amir Khan have a "Glass jaw"?

yes

Quote Originally Posted by kentatm
    yes
    Could be genetic. I don't think he inherited a strong jaw from either of his parents.

He does like most British boxers.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Angel Face
    LOL Carl Froch says hi

so irritating to watch amir fight sometimes. I'm a fan of his but his defense is appaling. If he had defense on par with Mayweather, I think he could beat him and be a top 2 boxer in the world.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NBAplayoffs2001
    so irritating to watch amir fight sometimes. I'm a fan of his but his defense is appaling. If he had defense on par with Mayweather, I think he could beat him and be a top 2 boxer in the world.
    You could say that about anyone. He was dominating Garcia up until he got hit. It happens.

Quote Originally Posted by NBAplayoffs2001
    He has good defense, but his glass jaw can't cope up.

He has good defense, but his glass jaw can't cope up.
    Yeah, it stinks because if he was blessed with a strong jaw, I do believe he could beat Mayweather.

Breidis Prescott knocked him into another world.

I don't think he has a glass chin, his chin is actually pretty good...if he sees the punch coming...he's taken a lot of flush shots from some of the hardest hitters in the sport.

His problem is that he is so worried about getting his shots off that he often gets blasted into another dimension mid-combo. He also doesn't recover well when that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by lefthook00
    I don't think he has a glass chin, his chin is actually pretty good...if he sees the punch coming...he's taken a lot of flush shots from some of the hardest hitters in the sport.

His problem is that he is so worried about getting his shots off that he often gets blasted into another dimension mid-combo. He also doesn't recover well when that happens.
    His shot he caught against Danny Garcia was totally out of nowhere, they were both throwing wild hooks and Garcia happened to land the one that would ultimately give Khan that loss.

I personally think he would do quite well against Mayweather seeing the way Mayweather fights now a days.

Quote Originally Posted by Wally450
    His shot he caught against Danny Garcia was totally out of nowhere, they were both throwing wild hooks and Garcia happened to land the one that would ultimately give Khan that loss.

I personally think he would do quite well against Mayweather seeing the way Mayweather fights now a days.
    Yeah he literally got necked out against Danny . Danny has a killer hook though. Yeah I think he would do well against Floyd too based on volume and speed alone. But he's gonna have to get through Kell Brook first though, Floyd will definitely wait until they fight each other and then possibly fight the winner in the UK? It would be a hugeeeeeeee event, esp. against Khan.

Yep.
    That's it, ain't nothing to it.

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lefthook00
    Yeah he literally got necked out against Danny . Danny has a killer hook though. Yeah I think he would do well against Floyd too based on volume and speed alone. But he's gonna have to get through Kell Brook first though, Floyd will definitely wait until they fight each other and then possibly fight the winner in the UK? It would be a hugeeeeeeee event, esp. against Khan.
    Yeah Danny Garcia has that weird timing element where he know's how to catch you and it's as powerful hook as there is in that weight divison, he literally murder some dude with it recently.

Amir Khan has a average chin imo, it's not bad at all but yeah he's not a iron jaw.
    Last edited by andremiller07; 08-23-2014 at 06:43 AM.