Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1219202122232425 ... LastLast

Default Re: I just bet 7k on the Heat beating the Bulls

GP_20 needs to hit RBA with his go to move to have a chance here.

Calculus = confusion = win.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin
    GP_20 needs to hit RBA with his go to move to have a chance here.

Calculus = confusion = win.
    Admittedly, mathematics is not my strong-suit. That might actually work.

But, correct me if I'm wrong...

Is this guy saying that:

33-year-old Julius Irving + 27-year-old Moses Malone = 25-year-old LeBron James + 26-year-old Chris Bosh + 28-year-old Dwyane Wade

??????

What a f#cking moron.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    No point in debating 1983 when THAT IS THE YEAR THEY JOINED FORCES?!?!?!

Just STFU, stop addressing me, and go pose next to some cars that don't belong to you.
    LeBron & Wade joined in 2010
    Moses & Erving joined in 1982 (not 83)

I suggest seeking some medical advice, maybe a psychiatrist. You really need help, LeBron's "decision" has greatly impacted your mental health to the point where even your ability to think has been greatly impaired.

Now I'm really out. Good luck on your recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by GP_20
    LeBron & Wade joined in 2010
    Moses & Erving joined in 1982 (not 83)

I suggest seeking some medical advice, maybe a psychiatrist. You really need help, LeBron's "decision" has greatly impacted your mental health to the point where even your ability to think has been greatly impaired.

Now I'm really out. Good luck on your recovery.
    1982-83 season... Otherwise known as the 1983 season. Will this year be remembered as the 2010 season?

But, yeah.... Let's restate the bare bones of GP20's argument...

33-year-old Julius Irving + 27-year-old Moses Malone = 25-year-old LeBron James + 26-year-old Chris Bosh + 28-year-old Dwyane Wade

Admittedly, mathematics is not my strong-suit. That might actually work.

But, correct me if I'm wrong...

Is this guy saying that:

??????

What a f#cking moron.
    His argument is similar to those saying the Celtics big three was the same deal as the Heat's big three. There is a difference however.

I would say that the Celts having to do it later in their careers is also a comment on all three of them being failures up to that point. People will say they waited, thus doing it the right way if it had to be done. Maybe true. However, it still is a comment on all three of them being failures up to that point in their careers.

Just an aside...

Quote Originally Posted by ShannonElements
    Yo RBA, are you just against stacked teams in general? Do you think there should be some sort of rules in place to prevent one team from having too many all-stars or something? Like a "no team is allowed more than one top ten player" rule or something? Because some of what you say, things like "competitive imbalance" seem to be indicative of you being against stacked teams in general.

Or are you just against stacked teams that were formed in a manner of which you do not approve? This is what actually seems to be the case when you get down to the brass tacks.
    It is not so much being against a certain number of all-stars on the same team or the manner in which they choose to join forces. It is that I disagree with the 'a ring is a ring' argument.

When teams have so many of the top players joining forces in their respective primes, I'm not going to put it on the same level as a team overcoming hurdles, growing together and winning a championship as a real team.... Instead of loading up on so much talent that it can't be matched.

This conversation isn't so much about what the league should do to limit these superfriend teams, but how we should look at their potential title in comparison to, say, Jordan's first title in 1991.

But, to answer your question, I am in favor of a hard cap, which would probably prevent something like this from ever happening again.

How Do U Like Me Mfer?

My n!gga RBA nailed this shit.

How Do U Like Me Mfer?

Quote Originally Posted by ShannonElements
    So basically, to sum your post up, you are against stacked teams which are not formed in a "natural" manner. You aren't against stacked teams. You're just against stacked teams that aren't formed in the manner you approve of. This is what I'm getting from your posts.

Obviously a ring isn't a ring. No one's listing Robert Horry as one of the top players ever. There is always context.

Let me ask you a simple question mfer.

Do you love to watch Bird plays together with Magic or Bird vs Magic?

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by Gundress
    Let me ask you a simple question mfer.

Do you love to watch Bird plays together with Magic or Bird vs Magic?

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

let me ask you a question MFer.

Didn't Bird play with McHale who is considered one of the greatest power forwards ever? Didn't Magic play with Kareem (who some argue is the GOAT)?

Both these guys played on stacked teams with some of the best players of all time. Now I'm not arguing for the Heat, but I always thought that was a stupid argument. These guys were lucky enough to play on stacked teams at the time. Here's something to think about, would Bird or Magic be considered in the same light if they weren't surrounded by such talent?

No matter how you spin it, it's part of sports and it sucks.

owwwww

1982-83 season... Otherwise known as the 1983 season. Will this year be remembered as the 2010 season?

But, yeah.... Let's restate the bare bones of GP20's argument...

Not only that, LeBron and Wade are thought of as on the same basic level (with most people leaning towards LeBron), and there was sort of a draft class rivalry before they joined up (from great regular season matchups). Moses was clearly the best player on the team, in fact the best player in the league probably for a 2-3 year span (this is from someone who thinks Moses is overrated too) while Doc was not on the same level as him at 33. Plus, given LeBron's insane talent/potential, he shouldn't be chasing what Moses did or what Doc did, he should be aiming at being in the Jordan/Magic/Bird tier. Wade and LeBron joining (two best players in the league and semi rivals) is more like Wilt/Russell joining, Kareem/Walton joining, Magic/Bird joining, MJ/Hakeem joining, IN THEIR PRIMES I might add because these are guys who at their peaks were on the same basic level simultaneously. Moses also didn't go out like an attention whoring douchebag, and not to mention the suspicious things that went into LeBron's decision (possibly quitting in playoffs and planning this years ago while he was still a member of Cavs).

That said, I hope LeBron wins this year. I think he's starting to decline and it would be a shame if someone of his talent never won a ring.

Basketball is an entirely different animal. One really great player and the right cast around him can carry a team to a championship. You can't do that in baseball.

And, yeah... If you throw the two best players in the league on the same team and also a Top 5 power forward, there is a damn good chance that they are going to be able to win it all on talent alone.

This isn't baseball.
    I'm well aware they're different sports, but you can't ignore the Yankees' insane payrolls and write it off simply as being different sports. They had a large advantage over most teams and failed to do much with it.

What if more and more players in the future do what LeBron did?

Quote Originally Posted by Positive
    let me ask you a question MFer.

Didn't Bird play with McHale who is considered one of the greatest power forwards ever? Didn't Magic play with Kareem (who some argue is the GOAT)?

Both these guys played on stacked teams with some of the best players of all time. Now I'm not arguing for the Heat, but I always thought that was a stupid argument. These guys were lucky enough to play on stacked teams at the time. Here's something to think about, would Bird or Magic be considered in the same light if they weren't surrounded by such talent?

No matter how you spin it, it's part of sports and it sucks.

Thank you for owning Gundress. He's a Lakers fan. He's still bitter because the Mavericks kicked the Lakers' @$$ in the first round of the playoffs. You guys also need to remember that Sixers team also had Andrew Toney, Maurice Cheeks, and Bobby Jones.

That 76ers team had 4 all-stars, but apparently that doesn't matter because 2 of them were drafted by the 76ers or that Dr. J was 32 or something like that.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackass18
    That 76ers team had 4 all-stars, but apparently that doesn't matter because 2 of them were drafted by the 76ers or that Dr. J was 32 or something like that.
    The LeBron thing stinks for the following reasons.

-LeBron joined his main rival. Boston, Phila etc... were different positions joining forces not two guys who played the same role.

-LeBron put his chance at GOAT in serious jeopardy by joining Wade. He already lost this year's MVP because of his decision, and it is likely this union will take some shine from the championship, should they win. We all wanted to 'witness' someone challenge Jordan's greatness, LBJ's decision to go to Miami jeopardized this.

-LBJ and Wade are in their primes. Had this happened next contract (in 4-5 years) it would be fine, but now..?

-This sentiment doesn't happen if he joins Rose in Chicago, it doesn't happen if he joins Amare in NY. It is because he joined his rival, who plays the exact same role! It is like LBJ said I need a partner in superduper stardom. And when you examine the other all time great non centers (Magic, Bird, Jordan) none of them would EVER do that.

I really liked LeBron before this year, but I feel cheated that he decided to go against his chance at immortality to take an easier road. Maybe that view will change, but it will take a Wade injury + Miami championship to do so.

LeBron is far and away the best player on the planet, and he isn't getting the credit he deserves, maybe a championship will change that, but it was a huge gamble to do it in this manner.

Good High School Starter

Where did you place the bet?