Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Default Re: Kobe sends Vick an Autograph Jersey, tells him to "BE EPIC"

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
    If I were Vick I would never wash that Jersey and just hang it in a display case.
    No duh there sir.

Learning to shoot layups

The hypocrites are getting owned in this thread lol. "But eating a steak isn't as bad!!!" As people have pointed out, the way that meat is obtained is JUST as cruel as dog fighting. It is not a necessity to eat hamburgers. At all. Unless you live in the woods and have to hunt for survival for some reason (I'm curious how you have access to insidehoops from the woods), it is just as greedy.

I do not condone what Vick did, but the people acting like he should never be allowed to play, live his life normally etc. are freaking hypocrites if they eat meat with the way meat is obtained in today's world. He did his jail time, get over it.

I think he's payed his debt to society (yeah, I know it sounds cliche), but what he did isn't the SAME as slaughtering cows/chickens, etc. for food.

Vick wasn't eating the dogs; he and his buddies were torturing those animals, making them fight until they were dead. There's a difference.

Are people really trying to defend Vick's actions by comparing dog fighting to eating a cheeseburger?

I'm fine with Vick playing in the NFL. He served his time, and people will judge him for his actions. However, it's hilarious how people change their opinions when a guy starts throwing touchdowns. One of the craziest things I've heard this year came from Steve Young during an Eagles game (after Vick had started tearing it up). Young said something like, "You can tell Mike is a changed man by how he is playing on the field"... really?

People really love Football.

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    Are people really trying to defend Vick's actions by comparing dog fighting to eating a cheeseburger?

I'm fine with Vick playing in the NFL. He served his time, and people will judge him for his actions. However, it's hilarious how people change their opinions when a guy starts throwing touchdowns. One of the craziest things I've heard this year came from Steve Young during an Eagles game (after Vick had started tearing it up). Young said something like, "You can tell Mike is a changed man by how he is playing on the field"... really?
    It's crazy dude. I really don't understand how one can compare the two and think the people eating steaks are hypocrites.

Quote Originally Posted by catch24
    It's crazy dude. I really don't understand how one can compare the two and think the people eating steaks are hypocrites.
    The thing with them is that they want to completely focus on the dog fighting, completely ignoring the other parts of the story, because it would make Vick look worst.

I mean, a person who would steal other people's dogs and cats and ripped their teeth out, just so that their dog could stay in shape just sounds like someone I wouldn't want to support as a human. Beating them, electrocuting them, drowning them. I have no problem with Vick getting a second chance, but I just wouldn't support a person who has the heart of torturing an animal like that. But they want to compare that to people who ignorantly eat a cheeseburger, and not even aware of how animals are slaughter. I have no problem with Vick playing in the NFL, but at the same time I wouldn't go around like so many are, acting as if he just came back from some major life trouble, as if he came he beat an aggressive cancer, or came back from a horrible car accident. The guy took pleasure in the torture of animals, just like your typical serial killer.

College superstar

The difference between Vick and thousands of others is just a matter of perception

Vick fought and killed dogs. PETA kills thousands. PETA employees have been caught killing dogs in inhumane ways. Many face animal cruelty charges. PETA in fact has gone on record supporting wiping out the entire Pit Bull population. Killing them the moment they are captured since they are "Lacking any useful purpose".

I can go shoot a deer in the face, sell it for profit, and call it hunting. Im not cruel. Im a hunter. KFC can cut the beaks off chickens, cage them, and cut their wings with no form of pain killer and be an American institution.

You cant make a chicken fight for money...but you can break a baby cows leg roping it in a rodeo while it runs around in a panic...potentially leading to its death...for money. You cant make a dog fight another dog...but you can train a dog to find and potentially kill other animals and call it hunting. Sh!t you can train a dog to hunt and kill a slightly different species of canine....a fox! and its perfectly fine most places!

Is what Vick did wrong? Yes. I happen to find killing a rabbit because its eating things in a garden built in its natural habitat wrong. Doesn't mean i'm gonna call my grandfather a murderer.

There are NFL players that have been charged with beating women multiple times....fine. Vick killed an animal. He's a monster.... if a guy shoots a moose then tracks it down and shoots it again for no reason but personal pleasure.....hes a sportsman.

I just cant make myself care much. Not compared to real crimes against people. Vick is worse in the eyes of the law. Not morally. Not to me at least. I wouldn't kill a pit bull but I wouldn't shoot a moose either. But I would do both before I beat my wife.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQobIUE1zTU

That woman was like 6% of the votes away from being the vice president. On her show shooting wolves (a sub-species of dogs) from a helicopter and decapitating turkey's and it's considered charming.

People in general don't give a sh*t about animal suffering. They choose to care on one or two issues which in the grand scheme of things are quite minor compared to real animal suffering.

When you have most humanitarian groups taking pitbulls and gassing perfectly healthy ones to death to be "humane". When the "good guys" way to deal with the situation is borderline genocide of animals abused all their lives to begin with.....you really gotta step back and ask what right is.

The people who ''love dogs'' are killing them by the hundreds of thousands...and tell me I need to value a dogs life more than a mink being skinned alive and left to die in the sand?

When it comes down to it people care about their dog. Their pets. Animals they love. But most don't really care about animals. And the ones that care the most often end up on the side of people killing them by the thousands. The world doesn't really value animal life. Not a world that gasses innocent pets merely for existing and being inconvenient to man(not even talking pitbulls...just...animals in a shelter).

The "humane" suggestion to limit pet over population is to carelessly cut off the testicles of the cute ones we want and gas the unwanted ones to death and bury them in mass graves. And im supposed to be outraged over Michael Vick? Animals have it bad. Vick is hardly their greatest enemy.
    Last edited by insidehoops; 01-09-2011 at 02:27 AM.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by catch24
    I think he's payed his debt to society (yeah, I know it sounds cliche), but what he did isn't the SAME as slaughtering cows/chickens, etc. for food.

Vick wasn't eating the dogs; he and his buddies were torturing those animals, making them fight until they were dead. There's a difference.
    What did the Romans do a thousand years ago then when they wiped out lions and entire species of bear from the continent of Europe by fighting animals in the arenas?

If you think about it, it is all just sport. It is in our blood to watch organisms fight each other. Whether it be gladiators in the arena, dogs in an Atlanta backyard, two guys beating the snot out of each other in a boxing ring or players with helmets on on a field. It's all the same concept and has been ingrained in us as humans to be one of the most satisfying experiences available (for men especially).

The Romans were considered one of the most successful civilizations to ever exist. Easily more successful than the U.S. so far. The only difference is that we over here have become extremely sensitized to all of these social stigmas and want to protect the rights of everyone and everything even up to and including these dogs. The double standards when it comes to these animals are COMPLETELY based on emotions and have no rational explanation to them. We've gone over this a thousand times. Killing a deer is no more humane than killing a dog. But these animal extremists will tell you otherwise offering no plausible explanation for why.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jstern
    The thing with them is that they want to completely focus on the dog fighting, completely ignoring the other parts of the story, because it would make Vick look worst.

I mean, a person who would steal other people's dogs and cats and ripped their teeth out, just so that their dog could stay in shape just sounds like someone I wouldn't want to support as a human. Beating them, electrocuting them, drowning them. I have no problem with Vick getting a second chance, but I just wouldn't support a person who has the heart of torturing an animal like that. But they want to compare that to people who ignorantly eat a cheeseburger, and not even aware of how animals are slaughter. I have no problem with Vick playing in the NFL, but at the same time I wouldn't go around like so many are, acting as if he just came back from some major life trouble, as if he came he beat an aggressive cancer, or came back from a horrible car accident. The guy took pleasure in the torture of animals, just like your typical serial killer.
    This is pure ignorance... trying to make vick out to be like a serial killer is so gnorant I don't even know what to say. It is very much in the culture of black people(men) down south and in other cities in the U.S. to own pitbulls and fight them against each other. Trying to depict it as it's own unique individual act is just.. uninformed. Vick's intentions weren't to derive pleasure from killing dogs. It was a gambling ring and basically a tradition in the areas he is from and hangs around.

People in latin american countries kill bulls brutally for sport as well as have **** fighting... but we want to condemn vick for his actions...

And you seem to think that people AREN"T hypocrites for being ignorant to how their food is made. So because they don't know chickens beaks are cut off and animals are ruthlessly slaughtered for their own meals everyday it makes it better? Theyre still partaking in a process that is, in fact, just as if not more brutal than anything michael vick has ever done.

Quote Originally Posted by Ne 1
    The difference between Vick and thousands of others is just a matter of perception

Vick fought and killed dogs. PETA kills thousands. PETA employees have been caught killing dogs in inhumane ways. Many face animal cruelty charges. PETA in fact has gone on record supporting wiping out the entire Pit Bull population. Killing them the moment they are captured since they are "Lacking any useful purpose".

I can go shoot a deer in the face, sell it for profit, and call it hunting. Im not cruel. Im a hunter. KFC can cut the beaks off chickens, cage them, and cut their wings with no form of pain killer and be an American institution.

You cant make a chicken fight for money...but you can break a baby cows leg roping it in a rodeo while it runs around in a panic...potentially leading to its death...for money. You cant make a dog fight another dog...but you can train a dog to find and potentially kill other animals and call it hunting. Sh!t you can train a dog to hunt and kill a slightly different species of canine....a fox! and its perfectly fine most places!

Is what Vick did wrong? Yes. I happen to find killing a rabbit because its eating things in a garden built in its natural habitat wrong. Doesn't mean i'm gonna call my grandfather a murderer.

There are NFL players that have been charged with beating women multiple times....fine. Vick killed an animal. He's a monster.... if a guy shoots a moose then tracks it down and shoots it again for no reason but personal pleasure.....hes a sportsman.

I just cant make myself care much. Not compared to real crimes against people. Vick is worse in the eyes of the law. Not morally. Not to me at least. I wouldn't kill a pit bull but I wouldn't shoot a moose either. But I would do both before I beat my wife.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQobIUE1zTU

That woman was like 6% of the votes away from being the vice president. On her show shooting wolves (a sub-species of dogs) from a helicopter and decapitating turkey's and it's considered charming.

People in general don't give a sh*t about animal suffering. They choose to care on one or two issues which in the grand scheme of things are quite minor compared to real animal suffering.

When you have most humanitarian groups taking pitbulls and gassing perfectly healthy ones to death to be "humane". When the "good guys" way to deal with the situation is borderline genocide of animals abused all their lives to begin with.....you really gotta step back and ask what right is.

The people who ''love dogs'' are killing them by the hundreds of thousands...and tell me I need to value a dogs life more than a mink being skinned alive and left to die in the sand?

When it comes down to it people care about their dog. Their pets. Animals they love. But most don't really care about animals. And the ones that care the most often end up on the side of people killing them by the thousands. The world doesn't really value animal life. Not a world that gasses innocent pets merely for existing and being inconvenient to man(not even talking pitbulls...just...animals in a shelter).

The "humane" suggestion to limit pet over population is to carelessly cut off the testicles of the cute ones we want and gas the unwanted ones to death and bury them in mass graves. And im supposed to be outraged over Michael Vick? Animals have it bad. Vick is hardly their greatest enemy.
    Both vick and palin are ****ing low-lifes......killing animals for fun, only a gutless puusys do that, hunters are weak puusy too......join the army, go shot at something that shoots back, but they don
    Last edited by InspiredLebowski; 01-09-2011 at 04:55 PM.

Serious playground baller Monkey D Dragon's Avatar

Good post. Too many retards in this World.

Bottom line when you torture and fuccking with Animals is just fuccked up no matter how you look at it. And that shiiiit should never go away from ur image because you threw couple of touchdowns.

Quote Originally Posted by Ne 1
    What did the Romans do a thousand years ago then when they wiped out lions and entire species of bear from the continent of Europe by fighting animals in the arenas?

If you think about it, it is all just sport. It is in our blood to watch organisms fight each other. Whether it be gladiators in the arena, dogs in an Atlanta backyard, two guys beating the snot out of each other in a boxing ring or players with helmets on on a field. It's all the same concept and has been ingrained in us as humans to be one of the most satisfying experiences available (for men especially).

The Romans were considered one of the most successful civilizations to ever exist. Easily more successful than the U.S. so far. The only difference is that we over here have become extremely sensitized to all of these social stigmas and want to protect the rights of everyone and everything even up to and including these dogs. The double standards when it comes to these animals are COMPLETELY based on emotions and have no rational explanation to them. We've gone over this a thousand times. Killing a deer is no more humane than killing a dog. But these animal extremists will tell you otherwise offering no plausible explanation for why.
    We aren't Romans though. I'm pretty sure as a whole we're a little more civilized than people from 80 AD; don't you think? Your whole post is off the wall and irrelevant to what Vick did.

Electrocution and drowning of the dogs? Really??? I'm a fan of his on the field, but that's as far as it goes.

Magic Johnson

Am I the only one who thinks "Be epic" sounds corny?

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    This is pure ignorance... trying to make vick out to be like a serial killer is so gnorant I don't even know what to say. It is very much in the culture of black people(men) down south and in other cities in the U.S. to own pitbulls and fight them against each other. Trying to depict it as it's own unique individual act is just.. uninformed. Vick's intentions weren't to derive pleasure from killing dogs. It was a gambling ring and basically a tradition in the areas he is from and hangs around.

People in latin american countries kill bulls brutally for sport as well as have **** fighting... but we want to condemn vick for his actions...

And you seem to think that people AREN"T hypocrites for being ignorant to how their food is made. So because they don't know chickens beaks are cut off and animals are ruthlessly slaughtered for their own meals everyday it makes it better? Theyre still partaking in a process that is, in fact, just as if not more brutal than anything michael vick has ever done.
    Again, just like I said, you guys keep ignoring everything else he and his buddies did and keep focusing on the dog fighting. I'll restate what I said, torturing animal you know electricuting them, ripping their teeth out so that another animal could rip them appart, torturing animals like that is very the typical serial killer behavior. Not the dog fighting in itself, but the torturing of the animals. You at least see animals fighting in nature, that's one thing, but ripping their teeth out, only a saidist would have the heart to do that. And what makes you think that people who are against what Vick did would be pro Bull fighting and not have a problem with it? I'm pretty sure every person here who's against just the dog fighting would also be against a bull being slowly stabbed to death.

Also, I saw a picture of Sarah Palin, haven't read what was written. Sarah Palin is a very dumb woman, but again, there's a big difference between hunting an animal and eating it, and ripping their teeth out and torturing it. Shooting an animal dead is different from torturing them. I feel like I'm reapting myself, but I have no choice since then you guys will pick and choose and ignore certain facts that makes the Michael Vick situation so wrong.

Many other countries do bad things to animals, doesn't excuse what Michael Vick did. Some countries skin dogs alive, bringing them up as examples doesn't defend torturing of these dogs and cats.

Philly fans are the only ones real here, basically it's PLAY WELL WE LOVE YOU, PLAY BAD WE HATE YOU, WE DON't GIVE A **** WHAT YOU DID OR DO.

It's honest at least.