Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Smile, you're on ISH Crystallas's Avatar

Default Re: Official offseason trades/signings thread.

I would put Chandler at #1, because he would be priced right, and he's a swing. I kind of rate these guys based on cost to acquire/performance + fit + futures.
    #2. Afflalo
    #3. Young
    #4. Mayo
    #5. J-Rich
    #6. Thornton
    #7. Allen
    #8. Alec Burks
    #9. Vujacic
    #10. C. Lee
    #11. M. Brooks
    #12. E. Gordon
    #13. Iguodala
    #14. R. Fernandez
    #15. Resign* Butler
    #16.. S. Brown
    #17. --cut off---
    #18. J.R. Smith(for the love of god, NO!! Last year I didnt want Boozer over David Lee and/or Al-Jeff, ya'll looked at me funny. This year I put my foot down on this clown.)

Quote Originally Posted by ljsbb27
    So i've seen some rumors about Chicago working a deal with Orlando and it doesn't involve Dwight Howard.

Supposedly they're talking about Carlos Boozer and CJ Watson for Jameer Nelson, Earl Clark, and Brandon Bass plus another piece or two to make the numbers match up.

Just throwing this out there. I have no idea how legitimate it is.
    I've hard that too except it's either this

Arenas+bass for Boozer. Which I instantly do

Or

Nelson, Clark, Bass, Redick. For CJ Watson Boozer, and one of the firsts. personally....I think both deals make us better instantly. BUT The thing I dislike about the Nelson deal is we still don't get a guy who can make his own shot. Which I really really dislike.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystallas
    I would put Chandler at #1, because he would be priced right, and he's a swing. I kind of rate these guys based on cost to acquire/performance + fit + futures.
    #2. Afflalo
    #3. Young
    #4. Mayo
    #5. J-Rich
    #6. Thornton
    #7. Allen
    #8. Alec Burks
    #9. Vujacic
    #10. C. Lee
    #11. M. Brooks
    #12. E. Gordon
    #13. Iguodala
    #14. R. Fernandez
    #15. Resign* Butler
    #16.. S. Brown
    #17. --cut off---
    #18. J.R. Smith(for the love of god, NO!! Last year I didnt want Boozer over David Lee and/or Al-Jeff, ya'll looked at me funny. This year I put my foot down on this clown.)
    Pretty good list.
    I simplified mine to the main needs like ability to really play defense and knock down perimeter shots
    so my main priorities will be Afflalo, Courtney Lee, then Mayo.
    I love Eric Gordon's offense and youth and I think he is a decent defender, followed by Chandler but I think Bulls would have to give up a lot to get Eric, same with Igoudala.
    I'll be ok with J Rich, Thornton, Young and R. Fernandez and would be very nervous with JR Smith.
    Last edited by tamaraw08; 06-22-2011 at 11:34 PM.

What I've been reading is that the Bulls (probably like every other NBA team) are waiting for the new CBA to make any more moves, but it seems like the Bulls are going to be extremely agressive and active as soon as something is in place. I hope the owners and players compromise and come to an agreement soon.

I think the Bulls will try to get OJ Mayo first.

I would offer Korver, Bogans, the Charlotte pick, and a future 1st for him.

This may get it done.

If not then I think they will go for one of the free agents that we've all listed. We all have a few differences on who are top preferences are, but alot of us agree on particular guys on the top of our wish lists that we think can come in here and really help our team. Hopefully the Bulls find a way to bring in one of those guys to be our starting SG.

Saw a basketball once bletchley's Avatar

this one seems very fair for each team , isn't it ?
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=3eewu4x

We would be dumb to accept this trade. We don't need any of them. Asik is more important than Bass, Duhon & Ball all together. Also a stupid move for Utah. Why giving up their best player Al Jefferson and getting bad contracts (Turkoglu, Korver). The only winner in this trade would be Orlando.

I like Courtney Lee's game but idk, I'd really like a full time starting 2 guard (for our Bulls) and he seems a little "light in the ass" to fit the bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter
    I like Courtney Lee's game but idk, I'd really like a full time starting 2 guard (for our Bulls) and he seems a little "light in the ass" to fit the bill.
    If you can elaborate about your comment bec Im not sure what you meant. I tried googling your comment and it gave me 3-4 different meanings.
    one said, being insufficient, another meant being too small etc.
    Lee maybe not a great "playmaker"/efficient scorer etc but he is an accurate shooter and a very good defender. Other FA Sgs are better offensive players but they could be defensive liabilities.
    About being too small, somebody here pointed out how Jason Terry is not exactly tall and physical yet, he proved adequate by also making his defender work on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by tamaraw08
    If you can elaborate about your comment bec Im not sure what you meant. I tried googling your comment and it gave me 3-4 different meanings.
    one said, being insufficient, another meant being too small etc.
    Lee maybe not a great "playmaker"/efficient scorer etc but he is an accurate shooter and a very good defender. Other FA Sgs are better offensive players but they could be defensive liabilities.
    About being too small, somebody here pointed out how Jason Terry is not exactly tall and physical yet, he proved adequate by also making his defender work on defense.
    I also like Courtney Lee's game, but I also agree that he's not the piece we need to bring a championship to Chicago. Would he be an upgrade? Absolutely. He would fit in very nicely with our core and give us some of what we need but he wouldn't take us to the top.

We need a guy who can play almost as good defensively, but give us some more versatility offensively. A guy who can create off the dribbe for himself and also provide the team with some playmaking. I wouldn't be entirely upset if Courtney Lee was our starter at the beginning of the season (whenever that is) but it would require the rest of our roster coming back having much improved their individual games and the coaching staff coming into the new season with an extended playbook.

That is all very well possiblem, but we would increase our chances if we acquired a guy that can give us more overall than Courtney Lee.

I expect D.Rose to come back even better next season.
    I expect our SG position to be upgraded regardless of who is brought in.
    I expect Deng to stay consistent, but get more rest and be better.
    I expect Boozer to stay the same but be more included offensively.
    I expect Noah to bring same energy and hopefully more offensive moves.

I expect the coaching staff to have a playbook with more substance and with plays to better fit our players.

I expect the bench to have even more depth and give us another great year.

Calculating all those factors and simplifying what I think we can accomplish...I like our chances. We made it to the ECF this year.
    Taking into consideration where i'm pretty sure we will imrove along with the idea that the front office knows they need to get us a SG we will be contenders again with a higher chance of winning it all.

Dunking on everybody in the park Unstoppabull's Avatar

I expect we can get an SG that can create alongside D-Rose/

Quote Originally Posted by ljsbb27
    I also like Courtney Lee's game, but I also agree that he's not the piece we need to bring a championship to Chicago. Would he be an upgrade? Absolutely. He would fit in very nicely with our core and give us some of what we need but he wouldn't take us to the top.

We need a guy who can play almost as good defensively, but give us some more versatility offensively. A guy who can create off the dribbe for himself and also provide the team with some playmaking. I wouldn't be entirely upset if Courtney Lee was our starter at the beginning of the season (whenever that is) but it would require the rest of our roster coming back having much improved their individual games and the coaching staff coming into the new season with an extended playbook.

That is all very well possiblem, but we would increase our chances if we acquired a guy that can give us more overall than Courtney Lee.

I expect D.Rose to come back even better next season.
    I expect our SG position to be upgraded regardless of who is brought in.
    I expect Deng to stay consistent, but get more rest and be better.
    I expect Boozer to stay the same but be more included offensively.
    I expect Noah to bring same energy and hopefully more offensive moves.

I expect the coaching staff to have a playbook with more substance and with plays to better fit our players.

I expect the bench to have even more depth and give us another great year.

Calculating all those factors and simplifying what I think we can accomplish...I like our chances. We made it to the ECF this year.
    Taking into consideration where i'm pretty sure we will imrove along with the idea that the front office knows they need to get us a SG we will be contenders again with a higher chance of winning it all.

It's been extremely quite around here lately.
    Has there not been any updates or news?
    Or are people just not posting for whatever reason?

Only thing I've read lately was that DRose has been hard at work for most of the offseason. He took a short bit of time off for himself, but then got right to work. Has played in some exhibition/summer games and has been on a promotional tour for Addidas.

In regards to his game he's still been working on his 3-point shot, perfecting his mid-range game, and has also been working on his post-game alot. He's also been lifting weights... something he says he hasn't done much of since high school.

Any news on the rest of the guys?

Deng playing for Great Britain...
    Noah playing for France...

I want this lockout to be over

Very good NBA starter ConanRulesNBC's Avatar

When I made this I was really hoping by now we would be getting ready for preseason to start and the Bulls would have traded for a shooting guard or pulled off some amazing trade and gotten Dwight Howard.

Hopefully they can make a deal. IF they do then atleast we won't have to wait that long to find out what players we will add because signings will be happening right way.