Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: ☆2015 Lakers Draft Thread

Quote Originally Posted by daily
    I bet they go full court press on Aldrich or a couple of the RFAs like Leonard
    Leonard respects Pop too much to even consider leaving the Spurs imo. I wish we could get Leonard though - he is 3rd best SF already behind only LeBron and KD. If he continues getting better at this pace, he has the potential to exceed even KD (blasphemy but don't doubt it!!)

BTW - what do you guys think of the Kevin Love to LA rumors starting back up?

Personally, I don't think he is somebody you can build a championship contender around like LeBron is. I like his versatility & all around game/rebounding skills, but his mindset is the question-mark.

Plus, what do you do with Julius Randle? It would screw everything up.. Neither he nor Love can play C or SF. You would have to trade Randle unless if you decide to put him in the 2nd unit, but it would mess up his development. You would also not be able to take full advantage of the skills Randle brings to the table by not starting him.

It would have to be Randle OR Love, but not both.

NBA lottery pick

I think even though it wasn't a great season for Love he's going to stay in Cleveland. I don't see why he would take less money to play for a team that wouldn't make the playoffs. Plus like you said they just drafted Randle. Maybe they could involve him in a sign and trade but it doesn't make a ton of sense.

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    Leonard respects Pop too much to even consider leaving the Spurs imo. I wish we could get Leonard though - he is 3rd best SF already behind only LeBron and KD. If he continues getting better at this pace, he has the potential to exceed even KD (blasphemy but don't doubt it!!)

But the thing is how longs is pops going to stay on, plenty of smoke saying he's gone when Duncan is..

Duncan is nearing the end maybe one more year, Manu is fallen off, Parker has clearly peaked and on the downside of his career... All that we have to come to know of the San Antonio Spurs over the last 10 years is basically on it's last legs.

The question is does Leonard want to stick through a rebuild in San Antonio or in another city

Spurs are notoriously cheap, once the attraction of Pops and Duncan are gone what will the organization have to sell

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    I think even though it wasn't a great season for Love he's going to stay in Cleveland. I don't see why he would take less money to play for a team that wouldn't make the playoffs. Plus like you said they just drafted Randle. Maybe they could involve him in a sign and trade but it doesn't make a ton of sense.
    Love has to opt in on the final year... next summer (2016) is when the big money will start to take hold, he'd be a fool to enter free agency this summer.. either a fool or one effing unhappy camper in Cleveland... I bet a box of donuts if he opts out this summer he's not resigning with the cavs

Stay away from Love unless he takes a paycut. His return from injury sure has cause for concern, but he isn't a guy to build a championship team around unless you have great defense by him.

Rondo will come with some fire and want to prove something but anything over $7 will be an overpay. Need to avoid that at all costs.

A guy I think would be solid would be KJ McDaniels if the Lakers can get him on a cheap four year deal.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Lakers91's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    BTW - what do you guys think of the Kevin Love to LA rumors starting back up?

Personally, I don't think he is somebody you can build a championship contender around like LeBron is. I like his versatility & all around game/rebounding skills, but his mindset is the question-mark.

Plus, what do you do with Julius Randle? It would screw everything up.. Neither he nor Love can play C or SF. You would have to trade Randle unless if you decide to put him in the 2nd unit, but it would mess up his development. You would also not be able to take full advantage of the skills Randle brings to the table by not starting him.

It would have to be Randle OR Love, but not both.
    I don't really know how to multi post but Qrich had it pretty spot on (not a bad suggestion on McDaniels especially if he's cheap).

He could be potentially a second option, but in terms of building a title contender with him as the marquee player or first option...yeah I wouldn't be very confident at all.

I don't really see the point now of going for Love, unless the team thinks that the team can compete for a championship soonish, otherwise it's just throwing a lot of money while he's a very good player at a position where the team already has a good prospect (Randle) anyway, unless they trade Randle, neither can play center (Love's defense at center would be funny to watch..in a bad way albeit). I think the Front office will have to at least look into it but really long term I don't see the point unless it's simply trying to get the best player to follow Kobe as a marketing boost/replace Kobe as the marquee player. Obviously if I had the choice between going for Love or Aldridge I'd go for Aldridge sadly I can't see there being much hope if any for him coming to LA (not as hard to fit in as Love due to being able to play center), that's if the front office go for a 'big fish' in the off season anyway I think everyone would rather it be Aldridge. The team at this rate is in as far as I can see long term rebuild mode, essentially draft picks and players to develop, as far as I'm concerned it's a terrible place to be in where you aren't good enough to make the finals or scrape in (you're not good enough to be a contender or anything but also not so bad you don't get a good draft pick), that's pretty much what I hope doesn't happen (making the playoffs with a developing team is different obviously).

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Lakers91's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    Stay away from Love unless he takes a paycut. His return from injury sure has cause for concern, but he isn't a guy to build a championship team around unless you have great defense by him.

Rondo will come with some fire and want to prove something but anything over $7 will be an overpay. Need to avoid that at all costs.

A guy I think would be solid would be KJ McDaniels if the Lakers can get him on a cheap four year deal.
    Why isn't there a thumbs up emoticon here...oh well. will have to do.

I can see both sides of things on the whether they go for Rondo. I have concern over Rondo, while I have been a big fan of his (despite his insipid shooting for years), just watching him play since his injury I don't know if it was Dallas (not the best fit) but he looked physically like he'd lost a step and a big one, I just don't think he's a good fit in LA but it seems the Lakers are one of the few interested, I don't really see the point, I don't see him going back to the "Rondo of old" if I'm honest I'm quite skeptical, it may sound odd but if there's a team that are a good fit I could see Rondo on the Bucks or a team like that (most teams can't really afford his potential shooting liabilities especially that he had in Dallas but maybe that was just him giving up I don't know).
    On the other hand I think Rondo and Kobe get along well mentally, on court I'm not sure how that will work, both want the ball, Rondo shooting wise is pretty ineffective of it it'd be a fine line for them to mesh on court but if there's someone that could get Rondo back to his old self maybe it is Kobe.

Who is that in your avatar by the way? (I was thinking it was one of the Spanish soccer team players but that could be a terrible guess ).

Home of the 16

Bump

Cali Love

Banned

#16, #28, #45 and Jared Sullinger for #2 and Jordan Hill.

You're welcome.

NBA lottery pick

That sounds like a terrible deal for the Lakers.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade8780
    #16, #28, #45 and Jared Sullinger for #2 and Jordan Hill.

You're welcome.

Local High School Star magicmanfan's Avatar

Idea to debate:

I love Emmanuel Mudiay, I would draft him #2.

Then use our cap space to bring in Greg Monroe and Tobias Harris.

With Julius Randle healthy, our starting lineup is:

Emmanuel Mudiay
    Kobe
    Tobias Harris
    Julius Randle
    Greg Monroe

The bench could be pretty deep.... Clarkson, Young, Black, Brown, +++++

I like this team because of their competitiveness.... Mudiay, Kobe, Harris,
    are all scrappers..... Randle and Monroe are young and improving...

When the cap increases in 2016, we have Kobe's money and the increase
    to replace Kobe..... 2016 we have a deep young team.....

NBA lottery pick

I've often wondered if the Lakers have thought about drafting one of the guards for that reason too. In free agency it's most likely the majority of the good players will stay with their teams. Greg Monroe is one of the few that will probably walk. He's also one that the Lakers have a decent chance at. But by drafting Okafur they probably wouldn't. I still think it's too tough to pass up on Okafur or Towns though. I'm guessing the Knicks will have to draft a guard and then they'll take a chance at going after Monroe.